• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

kolithawick

used prius battery

Question

I am trying to build a  small off grid solar system to use at home.

for storage I am thinking of use a old Prius battery. If some of our members have a used battery and wiling to sell it to me.

pls pm me.

2 answers to this question

5 hours ago, kolithawick said:

I am trying to build a  small off grid solar system to use at home.

for storage I am thinking of use a old Prius battery. If some of our members have a used battery and wiling to sell it to me.

pls pm me.

Interesting about you system and willing to know the progress in the future. Congratulations.

• Like 1

thank you for your reply

What I am trying to do is to make a DC source of at least 220v and use a normal modified sine wave inverter to get the AC.

I have 6  50W 12V panels and getting aprox 15A. so in 220V it is about 0.6A . Charging is not much critical because it is below C/10.

I am thinking of using a arduino to count discharge Ah and charge Ah to prevent over charging.

I have found a used prius battery  and the owner tried to charge it with normal charger and ruined three modules.

I have only 17 modules. I need at least 10 more modules to make it 220V.

So dear members pls  help me to find 10 more modules I am willing to pay for it.

kolitha.

• Like 2