• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Advice on changing break fluid

virajn

I'm using Honda GP5 ( 2014 December ) and bought a nearly 2 year ago with ster.. warranty. I have been doing services from warranty company. In internet, i have found Honda recommend to do break oil change in every two years. But the service company never asked or mentioned on changing break oil change. Assuming Japan guys changed break oil in Japan ( for recondition cars ) i thought of doing break oil change now, for peace  of mind.  I have following questions on this,

1. Is using Dot 4 break oil waste of money ? ( I have found Dot 3 enough for normal driving, but is there any catch on this like climate in Sri Lanka effect badly ) 

2. Where should i do it ? Can a person with experience recommend a place ( agent or any other service center ). I'm asking this since most of the Service centers filled with youngsters who don't take responsibility on anything. This is the break system therefore i'm extremely cautious on who works with internals.

3. Is there any other fluid i should be worried with time factor ? ( like steering fluid  )

Edited by virajn

6 hours ago, Twin Turbo said:

Hi, yes, most car makers have a two year replacement recommendation under standard usage conditions.

What is your transmission/?

Its Dual Clutch and i  have changed the oil on 45k. Any way following thread answers lot of questions i have and don't know how i missed it :(

According above posts i decided to go with Dot 3 oil. Only question is reliable place to do with ( some place works with genuine responsibility )

Edited by virajn