• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

hustlehard

Hello everyone,
Im planning to buy the lexus rx 300/400 whatever the model I could buy for a price of 4 - 4.5 million.
I searched but couldnt find any informative thread regarding it which answers my doubts. (if there are please comment the links)

Reasons Im buying it is because of the luxurious look it has that i didnt find in any other SUV's in the range of my budget.
Please let me know the drawbacks of buying it and I want to know:
- how good that old hybrid battery is?
- are the parts expensive?
- is the vehicle economical?
- buying this vehicle now, will it be a bad decision? because 4 million is a big investment for me.
- alternatives (that are better than
lexus or in a similar capacity)

Let me know what yall think of this :)
Thanks in advance!

3 hours ago, hustlehard said:

:
- how good that old hybrid battery is?
- are the parts expensive?
- is the vehicle economical?
- buying this vehicle now, will it be a bad decision? because 4 million is a big investment for me.
- alternatives (that are better than
lexus or in a similar capacity)

Let me know what yall think of this :)
Thanks in advance!

Okay..so you need to get somethings straight first....you are looking at the U30 series harrier. The RX300 is a gasoline model powered by a 3L 1MZ V6 engine. The Hybrid was the 400h which was powered with a 3.3L 3MZ-FE V6 tied in with Toyota's Hybrid Synergy Drive of the time. The 3MZ engine was used in the gasoline RX330 as well. When the 3MZ ws replaced with the 3.5L  2GR, the 400h retained the 3MZ.

To answer your questions:

1. After nearly 10 years the factory battery is not going to be that good (most probably). The current  owner might have replaced it..if not it is something you would have to do. Do not count on a 10+ year Hybrid having a perfect battery.

2. What is your definition of economical ? It would get around 7-8 kmpl just as another cross over in its category. For a vehicle with a large engine..this is pretty good. However, this economy can be expected only if the Hybrid battery is in good condition. After 10+ years of usage you have to realise that with the Hybrid system wearing out along with engine, transmission components the fuel efficiency would have dropped (the larger influencing factor is the Hybrid battery).

3 & 4. Why are you buying a Hybrid RX? Why not buy a normal gasoline engined vehicle for that price ? You will not have the old Hybrid system woes. RAV4, X-Trail, CRV...the list goes on....if you want a more comfier, premium feeling cross over of that vintage then I would say go for the CRV.  The RAV4 is more lighter and easier to drive. The E-Trail of the era..well it is decent..but simply is a hog.

The hybrid variant goes over 5.5 million and I think that you have mistaken the gasoline variant which is for sale from 3.9million.

I would definietely choose a Lexus over an Euro for their bulletproof reliability and smoothness(boring).

3 hours ago, hustlehard said:

Okay so if it is the petrol version can I expect 10 kmpl fuel economy and more than the interior of rav4 and chr lexus looks more luxurious and in teak. do you know any other jeeps like that 

No...you are not going to get 10kmpl from a 3Ltr engine on a vehicle that heavy ! If it was the hybrid variant you would be lucky to get about 8 if the Hybrid battery and system was like in brand new condition...If you get a 2.4L Harrier (which is the same car..same interior...) then you would be lucky to get about 7...

So basically you want to by a Lexus RX for its fancy interior look ? 

You should look at  CR-V....the higher grades came with the fake wood and stuff that will appeal to you :)

• Haha 1

• 1 year later...
On 3/11/2019 at 5:40 PM, iRage said:

No...you are not going to get 10kmpl from a 3Ltr engine on a vehicle that heavy ! If it was the hybrid variant you would be lucky to get about 8 if the Hybrid battery and system was like in brand new condition...If you get a 2.4L Harrier (which is the same car..same interior...) then you would be lucky to get about 7...

So basically you want to by a Lexus RX for its fancy interior look ? 

You should look at  CR-V....the higher grades came with the fake wood and stuff that will appeal to you :)

Which car rides smoother ; harrier or crv or rav 4.???

and also please tell me,

i)which rides more smoother

ii)which has more higher quality interior  

iii)which feels more luxurious     

Between U30 Harrier(or RX) and V40 Camry ??

and fuel consumption of 

i) V40 camry with 2.4l engine  

ii) U30 with 2.4l engine 

iii) U30 with 3.0l engine 

CRV 2012-2016 has very smooth ride for a car on steel springs. Much better than that of RAV4. But at a compromise in handling which might not matter to 95% of the demography.

No idea on Harrier, should be better as it is from a class above. Test drive and see these are personal preferences.

• Like 1