• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

DFSK 580

WhiteDiavel

36 minutes ago, Roshan321 said:

@Hyaenidae Im not agee with your point about Corolla, it has been recalled so many times and I can remember Toyota recall lot from Europe or USA because of acceleration issue , please see below there recall rate fro Corolla

http://www.toyotaproblems.com/models/corolla/recalls/ 

one issue is Air bag and se the coment for it

"An inflator explosion may result in sharp metal fragments striking the driver or other occupants resulting in serious injury or death."

Also Honda Vessel , what about the gear box issue?  so we cannot say Japanese vehicles are perfect , I can give you so many examples for failure of Japanese cars. But again its understandable its better than Chinese (as at today, we dont know what is in the future)

That airbag recall affected almost all car manufacturers including Japanese and European manufacturers. Even BMW, BENZ, Volkswagon, and GM cars were recalled. If you want to learn more, Search for "TAKATA airbag recall".

Vezel was never meant for Sri Lankan conditions. Can't blame Honda for the fault of our grey market vehicle importers.

Nobody said Japanese cars are perfect, everybody is saying your revolutionary Dong- something 580 couldn't possibly be as perfect as you make it out to be.

Edited by Hyaenidae

2 hours ago, Roshan321 said:

However they are building Bridge from one Island to other by using their technology. So that's the way they do.

Exactly, They have the technology, but that does not mean they put all that technology into a budget vehicle. Or they are going to sell you that technology on a budget. That's what the Taiwanese did, but not the Chinese business model anymore. You get what you pay for. That's what I've seen so far in every Chinese product and I doubt future cars will be any different. Same as the mobile phone market or the consumer electronics market.

Forget about the Safety, All the electronics gizmos included in the vehicle are built to fall within this budget scheme. Automotive electronics is an entirely different segment of electronics design. Even the components are rated for automotive applications from the silicon level manufacturer and they cost much more than your run of the mill electronics. Even from the Chinese manufacturers, Automotive stuff is expensive. Even for a mass manufactured vehicle, I can't see how they managed to fit everything into this vehicle for this budget with automotive grade quality.

1 hour ago, Roshan321 said:

it has been recalled so many times and I can remember Toyota recall lot from Europe or USA because of acceleration issue

Yes, Toyotas have been recalled so many time, that's the good part, They recall their mistakes. 

No product is perfect, and people make mistakes all the time. But private companies run the risk of ruining their reputation if they try to cover up their mistakes(VW diesel anyone?). So they have to recall and fix and rebuild the customer loyalty. 

Now think about DFSK, they are majority owned by the government of People's Republic of China. Any problem in a vehicle? well that can't be true because the government of china does not make any mistakes. nobody wants to acknowledge that for the company(or the country). Technology is not just a economic sector for some countries, technology is the key in showing their political and socio-economic superiority to the world (The same reason they build that massive bridge). So admitting a mistake in their design and recalling is suicide in current economic war between china and the west.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Quiet said:

Im convinced. Im gonna buy this DFSK 580. can some one give me a contact of a marketing guy pls.

Taking one for the team I see, for SCIENCE

Well M8 no science is required here. It is bloody obvious for even a guy with an average IQ.

But these arguments will not serve any purpose in promoting this vehicle.

Its one thing having all the bells and whistles and its another thing how it works in the real world.

Example : I have driven a Wagon R, Vezel and a Audi which have the collision mitigation braking system. Wagon R and Vezel, its near impossible to drive in Colombo Traffic with it on. However Audi, so far has worked perfectly.

Rs.6-7Mn is no peanuts in present context and to invest in a Iffy vehicle is financial suicide. I do not know if any bank in Sri Lanka will offer 50% leasing to this vehicle.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I just did a little research on the prices of midsized crossovers in China itself. Perhaps this should give an indication of where our 'turning point of quality' vehicle fits in. BTW these are also China-assembled vehicles for the Chinese market.

DFSK 580  Base price CNY 78,900 

Honda CRV Base price CNY 199,000 (made by Dong Feng)

Kia Sportage Base price CNY 144,900 

Volkswagen Tiguan Base price CNY 340,000 

Nissan Terra Base price CNY 169,800 (Made by Dong Feng)

GAC Trumpchi GS5 Base price CNY 123,800

Zotye SR9 Base price CNY 110,000

These are vehicles that are more or less the same size as the DFSK 580 (belonging to Midsized crossover category) From this quick comparison, it seems that the DFSK 580 is a cheap product even by Chinese standards. For example, the CRV and the Terra made by the same company costs double. Going by this, I tend to believe that DFSK 580 is nothing but a cheap vehicle with some shiny bells and whistles. Quite analogous to the well-painted women who stand by the roadside during evenings :)

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Just to give u guys an indication, the cheapest car in Europe is Dacia Sandero (Renault Kwid without AC and with manual shutters). That costs about $8,500. In comparison, the DFSK 580 price is equivalent to US$ 10,900. Just $1,500 over the price of the cheapest car. And we really talk about what a great quality vehicle it is!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Crosswind said:

Just to give u guys an indication, the cheapest car in Europe is Dacia Sandero (Renault Kwid without AC and with manual shutters). That costs about $8,500. In comparison, the DFSK 580 price is equivalent to US$ 10,900. Just $1,500 over the price of the cheapest car. And we really talk about what a great quality vehicle it is!

Exactly, You can't physically fit all that electronics features into that price point. Yet they claim a engine made in Belgium and a CVT from somewhere is included in the price. 

@Roshan321 I saw the video you linked before. That's more of an advertisement about Unit** Moto** than the actual vehicle. I couldn't help but feel sorry about the gentleman who knew nothing much about the vehicle being convinced to purchase by the salespeople there.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hyaenidae said:

Was worried you'd miss this... would've been a real shame, we didn't have any real "entertainment" around here for quite some time ne ?

Don't shout. We are watching the drama. :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, kusumsiri said:

Don't shout. We are watching the drama. :P

Looks like it's turning out to be one of those mega-dramas... ?

After watching 100 or so episodes, when you start to think that the drama is finally coming to a conclusion, suddenly you find that it has come all the way back to the frigging square 1 on the 101st episode! 

I don't know whether to feel amused or annoyed rn ?

Edited by Hyaenidae
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

I read through the whole thread and I want to point out couple of things

• Spending 6 million on a vehicle is no way small money, let it be a 7 seater or not. I would be seriously concerned before spending that kind of money on a car made by a recent manufacturer and on a vehicle which is yet to prove itself in SL.
  • I agree that it is the only 7 seater brand new SUV in that price but just cuz it's brand new doesn't mean that it will be less troublesome than a used Japanese vehicle, I have come across Toyota vehicles from the 80s with all the electronics still working. We know how it turned out for people who went after a brand new Chinese car over a used Japanese car from the same price range.
  • Chinese cars have terrible second market, again if I'm spending on 6 million on a vehicle, I would be concerned about it's second market to a certain extent
  • Like 2

Whilst I must admit the new 580 looks nice and appears to be a bargain for 6 million it's  CA# series predecessor 7 seaters on the road look pretty beaten up bodywork wise compared to Japs and Euros of similar vintage. However on the other hand I also remember in 2011 hybrid vehicle owners were at the receiving end on AL forums ☺️

Edited by mcs627