• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

DFSK 580

WhiteDiavel

• 2 weeks later...

I went and checked the vehicle. I guess its more of a copy of Honda CRV.  

Im interested in this vehicle, but there isnt much information available apart from what the company says regarding this so im waiting till someone who is knowledgeable on this comments..

One notable thing  i saw was that there is no engine guard and that worry's me a alot cz knowing our local roads you will never know what will go and knock on the engine compartment and its parts.

2 hours ago, NFC said:

I went and checked the vehicle. I guess its more of a copy of Honda CRV.  

Im interested in this vehicle, but there isnt much information available apart from what the company says regarding this so im waiting till someone who is knowledgeable on this comments..

One notable thing  i saw was that there is no engine guard and that worry's me a alot cz knowing our local roads you will never know what will go and knock on the engine compartment and its parts.

I would be worried about something more than the engine guard in this vehicle. Especially when paying more than 6 mil. 

13 hours ago, TheFlyingFox said:

I would be worried about something more than the engine guard in this vehicle. Especially when paying more than 6 mil. 

No engine guards , less weight , less CC, Less price Tag.  Check the CC of this vehicle Engine.

No price differences in European, Japanese & Chinese vehicles.

Manufactures should adapt new sales strategies , if CC duties are there.    Tie Rods in pure Aluminum ???.

Our clever legislators are in the safe house on the lake.

• 4 months later...

This vehicle is one of the best vehicles China has designed ever.Looks Volkswagen Tiguan from the front ,Honda CRV from the side and Kia Sorento from the back. It is a seven seater SUV which is quite specious inside with a feeling of full blown SUV when driving.It is rarely seen in the roads yet , however its road presence is elegant .Its 200mm road clearance is very safe for Sri Lankan roads . It has a 1500 cc turbocharged engine with a Punch Powertrain Continuously Variable Transmission which is made in Belgium . This  engine / transmission combination is very economical comparing  what  same range vehicles has .However you should know how to use this CVT to get the maximum benefit of it since it is not just a regular Automatic Transmission. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

Do not buy these, expect major repairs after 50,000km ,  the importer thereafter charges premiums to source and import the parts, only a minor quantity will make it to the country anyhow and will be worth like 2 mil 4 to 5 years and you ll have to sell your soul to find a buyer

The above statements are based on a first hand experience on a Glory 7 seater van which my in laws purchased brand new from the same importer, home used for about 60000km

So far ep steering faults, replaced ac compressor, wheel bearings, ball joints, gearbox shuddering badly, diesel engine at about 50% compression, 3 of 5 doors central locks shot, power mirrors not working, fiberglass bits in the bumper cracking and peeling off, seats peeled off and recovered, the entertainment system packed up in days, and was replaced. It was purchased for 4.5mil brand new in 2016 june, current value is 2.3 mil and moving at 2 mil whereas people advertise higher prices.

Also the CR mentions as "Made in Sri lanka" making it a nightmare to sell it off if a potential buyer wants a lease, and valuations will be quite entertaining as well,

If its cvt as well, god bless u 

There are first gen hiaces that have done about 500,000 km and with fewer repairs than above. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Car Doctor said:

This vehicle is one of the best vehicles China has designed ever.Looks Volkswagen Tiguan from the front ,Honda CRV from the side and Kia Sorento from the back. It is a seven seater SUV which is quite specious inside with a feeling of full blown SUV when driving.It is rarely seen in the roads yet , however its road presence is elegant .Its 200mm road clearance is very safe for Sri Lankan roads . It has a 1500 cc turbocharged engine with a Punch Powertrain Continuously Variable Transmission which is made in Belgium . This  engine / transmission combination is very economical comparing  what  same range vehicles has .However you should know how to use this CVT to get the maximum benefit of it since it is not just a regular Automatic Transmission. 

Are you even serious!!!?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/16/2019 at 8:21 PM, Car Doctor said:

Yeah, all the facts are very attractive. I remember how the Baic X25 was introduced by micro saying that it has a Saab engine, Aisin gearbox etc etc... But “avuruddak dekak giyama thamai baba hambenne machan”:hah:

Also about the CVT, I’m really curious about getting to know how to use it. Please enlighten me Doctor.

They have a horrible build quality and when you do around 50,000km, shows the signs of a 200,000+kms done japanese car. A relation of mine owns a Baic X25 from the first batch and you have to use all your strength to close the driver’s door, and the car is still around 15,000km. That’s the skill of chinese people. Their quality is depended on the price you pay. There are some high end domestic brands like HongQi, which carry price tags closer to Bentlys and Rolls. Hope you remember the chinese phone craze in SL back in 2007-2009? Those brick sized phones with TV antennas, and huge displays with cameras saying 8megapixels? Best example. Most of them died or started giving problems after few months of usage. On the other hand mobiles like Huawei P30 pro, One Plus and Xiaomi gives a real competition to Apples and Samsungs.

Edited by alpha17
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Every once in a while some obscure vehicle comes up on SL market. Dealers doesn't really have to do any marketing because of the "brand new car" syndrome here. Seems they have moved up in budget range for this one. 

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 8:21 PM, Car Doctor said:

Do I smell a doctor from UML doing some guerilla marketing

• Like 4

On 8/16/2019 at 8:21 PM, Car Doctor said:

Oh shit...?

On 8/22/2019 at 4:33 PM, Jason Bourne said:
On 8/22/2019 at 3:05 PM, Quiet said:

Or a new owner

It's a new owner indeed, I saw a youtube review on a new DFSK 580 from the "Doctor"

• Haha 1

On 8/22/2019 at 4:33 PM, Jason Bourne said:
On 8/22/2019 at 3:05 PM, Quiet said:

Or a new owner

8 hours ago, alds said:

It's a new owner indeed, I saw a youtube review on a new DFSK 580 from the "Doctor"

3 hours ago, ajm said:

LOL

the CarDostara even has a mighty dostara badge on his ride, which makes it double kool. So the  not-dostara laymen should all believe him now and buy DFSK vehicles now.? 

Let him be, mateys. He's obviously in love with his car, you wouldn't say bad things about your waifu in public even if she is a "Wadhaka Bhari", would you? :D

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Of course. Wasn't trying to hurt anybody's feelings. It's actually great that he's a real owner of the vehicle and happy with it, rather than a marketing agent from UML trying to persuade people. 

• Like 1