• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

DFSK 580

WhiteDiavel

2 hours ago, Jason Bourne said:

tDchTTs.png

1 hour ago, Crosswind said:

These idiots are worried about registering the engine. Did any of them think about "modify the chassis" part? I hope that's just a new subframe and no cutting or chopping involved. 

As a loyal UNIMO customer I can't believe how they'd make such a clusterfu_k out of a car they imported. As if Transmission replacements weren't enough, they're going to mess with the chassis too to accommodate a different engine? 

Edited by Hyaenidae

1 hour ago, Crosswind said:

These idiots are worried about registering the engine. Did any of them think about "modify the chassis" part? I hope that's just a new subframe and no cutting or chopping involved. 

this is the only thing they're actually worried about (along with 85%-90% Sri Lankans) 

image.png.31f1e4556de1512189e0e48a5a2d660e.png

• Like 1

On 8/26/2020 at 1:55 PM, Hyaenidae said:

I don't even blame them for that, if I was a 580 owner I too would lose sleep thinking how to get rid of the POS without incurring a major loss

Indeed, sometimes we take wrong choices in our life....

Though agent brought in a crappy thing, but at least they do a fair job in correcting the issue....

I would not expect such a service by the Sri Lankan pride, the "Mixxo Cars"

By the way!!! the gear box of this vehicle is a European one..

https://www.punchpowertrain.com/en/products/4/vt5

6 hours ago, vitz said:

Indeed, sometimes we take wrong choices in our life....

Though agent brought in a crappy thing, but at least they do a fair job in correcting the issue....

I would not expect such a service by the Sri Lankan pride, the "Mixxo Cars"

By the way!!! the gear box of this vehicle is a European one..

https://www.punchpowertrain.com/en/products/4/vt5

Rubbish. It's a Chinese company (now) which makes its gearboxes in Nanjing. But that shouldn't matter. Mating a gearbox to an engine is something even gamey makabass can do (remember those SantaFes and Sonatas which were mated with Toyota engines?). So a manufacturer should have a little bit more knowledge than a gamey makabass (even if it is a Chinese manufacturer). Even if they source a Getrag gearbox direct from Cologne, they can still mess it up.

Edited by Crosswind

11 hours ago, Crosswind said:

Rubbish. It's a Chinese company (now) which makes its gearboxes in Nanjing. But that shouldn't matter. Mating a gearbox to an engine is something even gamey makabass can do (remember those SantaFes and Sonatas which were mated with Toyota engines?). So a manufacturer should have a little bit more knowledge than a gamey makabass (even if it is a Chinese manufacturer). Even if they source a Getrag gearbox direct from Cologne, they can still mess it up.

Yeah, It looks like they have sourced it from china....How on earth these guys make such inferior products and export it....it puzzles me!!!

• 1 month later...

I feel really sorry for the people who bought this piece of crap. The government of SL should also be partly responsible for this by allowing all the crap to be imported.

We still have a motor traffic act where most of the laws were drafted dung the colonial era. However, many countries have introduced stringent standards for both safety and quality aspects of the vehicle.

Finally, from my experience, I never trust so-called reputed agents in Sri Lanka. There are plenty of examples of importing cheap crap through their subsidiaries and marketing them in SL by using their reputation. When problems start to immerge, they simply abandon their subsidiary and close down the agency.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/7/2019 at 1:32 PM, LMS said:

E4AFED40-DAE1-42B1-BE38-BBE346CEC3DE.thumb.jpeg.27729b29ee4a1cf0897cd53e26031ced.jpegDear Saranga above are posts that had been posted earlier by me regarding 580. I brought my 580 on March 2019 , i have been using 580 since then with out a single problem . But when we say that 580 is good and worth every cent you spent on , some people got so annoyed and said that i am a worker of unimo and do some gurilla marketing . When we express our ideas regarding 580 genuinely it is gurilla . To tell you all the truth i can give my telephone no to any one if i am asked for. And further more i totally agree with Sarang_s . Some say that Japanese vehicles are better , that is true but 580 worth more than the money you spent on it , And this is , in my personal opinion , the best vehicle China has ever made, far more advanced than MG in all aspect . !

May be its the ppl related to Sri Lankan car imports are offended by this 580 selling at around 6 mill as such vehicles would affect their huge profit margins due to import ban.

When I first test drived the 580 it felt like I'm riding a PIG! however this could be a side effect of driving a 400HP SUV as my day to day vehicle.

With that being said they said, I still placed an order about 2 months back and I'm suppose to get my car before the end of this month. These are the reasons that made me tick;

1. The advance payment is 100% refundable so at any point if you feel like you don't want the car you can get a full refund

2. Its a full size 7 seater with so much space in the 3rd row + it has separate AC vents. The row seat was almost roomy as my older disco4

3.  Interior is extremely precious for the price and it has so many features (again for that price range)    

4. It comes with a 100,000km / 3 year full warranty so I guess I don't have to worry about maintenance for at least 3 years.

5. Due to import ban all imported vehicles are super expensive and on the other hand this one is cheaper as it doesn't have to pay much tax since its assembled locally. If we import the same directly I think it would cost around 9 mill. 

6. They confirmed that the CVT box in the vehicle I test drive is having a old version and all new gearboxes have much better performance. 

Hope this helps to who ever considering to buy a 580 in the near future. 

On 11/27/2020 at 1:56 AM, BK said:

Un*mo is now assembling the 2020 version of this SUV with a VT5 gearbox( previous model had a VT3 gearbox), therefore it has no hill climb issues. It even has hill hold control (HHC) which will help you if you stop midway in a hill. Overall the performance will increase.

And by the way if you check the profile pics and names of the people who have commented bad things about this vehicle, they have Range Rovers and as peugeot as their profile pics and names. These guys are comparing a 6million car with cars which are about 9million and upwards. One guy even has a m*cro logo as his profile pic, I can see why he's taking customers away from un*mo. and the ironic thing is this 6million vehicle contains features that are not even in 9 million cars. 

So dont worry, go forward and purchase this great SUV👇DFSK_Glory580_Ext-1-630x420.jpg

Could you please elaborate what is great about this vehicle?

In my opinion Pajero MK2 (even a MK1) which was imported by UNIMO will easily out perform this piece of crap in all aspects.

1.       More reliable.

2.       Safety

3.       Economical.

4.       Cheap to buy.

5.       A real SUV which can do actual off-roading.

6.       Ease of maintenance.

• Like 1

I’ll take a bus named “sudu hamine” playing “sahara plash” while some guy named “panta/fanta? ” sings garbage on stage, while peeping under the dancers skirt. 

Still better than paying for a DFCC loss sure x9xno69x4U.

ela ela mchn maxxa para,

tiktok karamu bro “yakkuth pitiyata awa” ekata. Elama jathi thada kora.

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, peugeot407 said:

Could you please elaborate what is great about this vehicle?

In my opinion Pajero MK2 (even a MK1) which was imported by UNIMO will easily out perform this piece of crap in all aspects.

1.       More reliable.

2.       Safety

3.       Economical.

4.       Cheap to buy.

5.       A real SUV which can do actual off-roading.

6.       Ease of maintenance.

Have you checked the DFSK 580 FB group? There are people interested in this vehicle even when they know that it has a gearbox issue 😂

3 minutes ago, Magnum said:

Have you checked the DFSK 580 FB group? There are people interested in this vehicle even when they know that it has a gearbox issue 😂

That's to show off to neighbors they're using a so called  " SUV". Some people will buy any rubbish which looks like a SUV for 6 million rather than buying a Vitz for the same price. (Which is also ridiculously overpriced these days)

• Like 1

On 11/27/2020 at 8:35 PM, BK said:

Un*mo is now assembling the 2020 version of this SUV with a VT5 gearbox( previous model had a VT3 gearbox), therefore it has no hill climb issues. It even has hill hold control (HHC) which will help you if you stop midway in a hill. Overall the performance will increase.

And by the way if you check the profile pics and names of the people who have commented bad things about this vehicle, they have Range Rovers and as peugeot as their profile pics and names. These guys are comparing a 6million car with cars which are about 9million and upwards. One guy even has a m*cro logo as his profile pic, I can see why he's taking customers away from un*mo. and the ironic thing is this 6million vehicle contains features that are not even in 9 million cars. 

So dont worry, go forward and purchase this great SUV👇

ifAL0IS.jpg

Well many said this is a great "SUV" when these had the defective VT3 gearbox too...

Who knows what would go wrong next?

Besides, if UNIMO introduces the so-called "upmarket" version of this one (i-580 pro or something) resale value of this is going to go down the septic tank (it has already gone down the toilet due to it being one of the most inherently defective wannabe SUVs ever introduced to the SL market)

• Like 1