• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

DFSK 580

WhiteDiavel

First post on this forum and it had to  be on this legendary thread. As a total car noob, it was only since the last few days, I was happily looking up everything DFSK related until this really opened my eyes not only  to the failed C-NCAP safety ratings but also the second rate marketing tactics of whoever that was. I am glad I didn't take out that loan to spend on the DFSK which seemed like a good fit for the SUV dream that could likely never be achieved. May be someday later. For now I guess I will go back to concentrating on the Civic. 

Thanks to the folks who posted some seriously valuable input here.

Edited by S9Plus
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 10/28/2019 at 4:17 PM, S9Plus said:

First post on this forum and it had to  be on this legendary thread. As a total car noob, it was only since the last few days, I was happily looking up everything DFSK related until this really opened my eyes not only  to the failed C-NCAP safety ratings but also the second rate marketing tactics of whoever that was. I am glad I didn't take out that loan to spend on the DFSK which seemed like a good fit for the SUV dream that could likely never be achieved. May be someday later. For now I guess I will go back to concentrating on the Civic. 

Thanks to the folks who posted some seriously valuable input here.

http://www.c-ncap.org/en/crash/9d3af420eca64d12ba582c108b662928

14 hours ago, Car Doctor said:

14 hours ago, Car Doctor said:

Go to above link to see the real facts ! Don’t listen to donkeys 

... and this is what ChinaAutoWeb.com has to say about C-NCAP

...at this stage, we find C-NCAP controversial and untrustworthy. Its name misleads many to believe it is similar to, or on a par with, NHTSA’s NCAP (in the US), Euro NCAP, Australia’s ANCAP, or Latin-NCAP, while in fact it is not.

and the reasons are:

1. C-NCAP is managed by a private, for-profit entity and not an independent organization

2. C-NCAP tests are insufficient, less strict and based on compromised requirements

Despite that @Car Doctor I think you should buy a DFSK 580 (if you havent' done already). We haven't had many Darwin Award nominees in Autolanka lately.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All , specially @iRage @Crosswind @Hyaenidae @Davy first of all I would like to apologize from all of you.

As you mentioned I'm not the one from Unimo. Im the one who planning to buy this DFSK 580 vehicle. before buy I want to find the market of this vehicle as well I want to make popular this  vehicle. so I have post so many posts in favor for this vehicle even driving it one time as a test. I have argued with you lot and try to prove this vehicle is value for money and provide so many facts and figures to prove my point. 

But i'm wrong, this vehicle is a failure , luckily I didn't trap it and didn't buy it but i'm very sorry if anyone convinced to buy it because of my posts. It has huge power to weight issue and I got to know that they have sold nearly 120 vehicles at the moment and all of has this issues. some of already know it and return the vehicle and some of still don't know they have issue in their vehicle. When you drive the vehicle in hills you will get this first issue. if you stop the vehicle in mid way in the hill road which has rapid inclination (not big hills even 20 inclination ) it will not be able to move further even how hard you press the accelerator , try with Manual and 1st gear is same. you be able to go straight without stop but if you stop the middle and then you are lost. no point of reversing up.  this will only happen with Rapid inclination. now Unimo planning to provide solution for their new vehicles , got to know that they are trying to change the gear box, god knows what other issues it will get. so some of vehicles which already sold has this issues and some of new ones will get their solution. Then question is how is second hand byers identify which is the good one and which is the bad. Second hand market will be a dream for the owners..Also there is corrosion issue in this vehicle, some of vehicles has under corrosion and heard Unimo planning to provide under corrosion protection for those. Can you imagine brand new vehicles not even older than 2-3 month has corrosion in body. it seems it not well treated metal.

Now I can see that every letter of post of our senior members in this forum are 100% true. May be there are good Chinese vehicles but this locally assemble one is cheaper and not like those. This is not value for money , 6 MIL is not a small amount to sacrifice for Chinese experiments. may be they will provide good one in another 10 years time, but not now. for 6MIL you can buy second hand KIA , Honda, SUV's even 5-6 years old one are far far better than this one.

Finally apologize for all ? !

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Roshan321 said:

if you stop the vehicle in mid way in the hill road which has rapid inclination (not big hills even 20 inclination ) it will not be able to move further even how hard you press the accelerator , try with Manual and 1st gear is same. you be able to go straight without stop but if you stop the middle and then you are lost. no point of reversing up.  this will only happen with Rapid inclination. now Unimo planning to provide solution for their new vehicles , got to know that they are trying to change the gear box, god knows what other issues it will get. 

I have driven three different Geelys in the past. Geely CK (Abans Geely) had a 1.5 litre Toyota 5A-FE engine, made under license by Geely. The car was far lighter than a 110, yet the pulling power was terribly low. The other two were Pandas with 1300 CC engine, which had worse pulling power than a 800CC Maruti. Geely vehicles are known to have ECU problems, that caused low torque. 

Although agent is pointing at the gearbox, I suspect that this has something to do with the 580's ECU. The Chinese may be good at copying mechanical bits but when it comes to creating their own software, I'm sure they have no clue what they are doing. Also I'm pretty certain that the 145hp/300Nm they have mentioned in their specifications, are random numbers pulled out of the sky.

In any case, its good that you shared this post and I hope every word you stated here is true. 

On 11/27/2019 at 9:22 AM, Crosswind said:

I have driven three different Geelys in the past. Geely CK (Abans Geely) had a 1.5 litre Toyota 5A-FE engine, made under license by Geely. The car was far lighter than a 110, yet the pulling power was terribly low. The other two were Pandas with 1300 CC engine, which had worse pulling power than a 800CC Maruti. Geely vehicles are known to have ECU problems, that caused low torque. 

Although agent is pointing at the gearbox, I suspect that this has something to do with the 580's ECU. The Chinese may be good at copying mechanical bits but when it comes to creating their own software, I'm sure they have no clue what they are doing. Also I'm pretty certain that the 145hp/300Nm they have mentioned in their specifications, are random numbers pulled out of the sky.

In any case, its good that you shared this post and I hope every word you stated here is true. 

-

Edited by Hyaenidae

1 hour ago, Crosswind said:

Jonway A380 with Manual transmission had the same issue with low pulling power, Definitely need to change the gear to 1st. on 2nd pulling was bit weak though it has F5M41  gear box. Didn't come into mind to about the ECU at all. even though ECU was made by Bosch (Made in China).

1 hour ago, Crosswind said:

when it comes to creating their own software, I'm sure they have no clue what they are doing.

You can actually see this with many  Chinese products - be it a dead cheap webcam or a smart watch - the hardware will function fine but the supplementary software is a disaster - out of curiosity bought a fitness band on a gearbest  11.11 sale for the price of a pizza - the watch itself still works perfectly (amost 5 years I think) but boy the smart phone app was an absolute disaster - it pops up  random notifications, eats up the battery and get this you can't exit it without force closing it and the UI was as if a kid made it. 

13 hours ago, Roshan321 said:

But i'm wrong, this vehicle is a failure

Well I do hope you're being honest here (and your account was not hacked) If you didn't buy it you dodged a bullet. Hope U*MO find a solution for the buyers 

Edited by matroska

• 1 month later...

Funnily enough, this same fella who posted this on FB group promoted this 580 right here on this forum. Though he had a very fitting username for this specific content.

Not laughing at anyone's misfortune or misjudgment, but a good lesson is to do your research before the jump.

Edited by alds
  • Like 2

On 3/9/2019 at 4:52 PM, WhiteDiavel said:

Hey guys,

What do you all think about the new suv DFSK 580 which was brought to SL by Unit#d Mot#rs. It is priced at 6.15 mil is it worth to that amount ?

DFSK580SUV.jpg

On 8/16/2019 at 8:21 PM, Car Doctor said:

This vehicle is one of the best vehicles China has designed ever.Looks Volkswagen Tiguan from the front ,Honda CRV from the side and Kia Sorento from the back. It is a seven seater SUV which is quite specious inside with a feeling of full blown SUV when driving.It is rarely seen in the roads yet , however its road presence is elegant .Its 200mm road clearance is very safe for Sri Lankan roads . It has a 1500 cc turbocharged engine with a Punch Powertrain Continuously Variable Transmission which is made in Belgium . This  engine / transmission combination is very economical comparing  what  same range vehicles has .However you should know how to use this CVT to get the maximum benefit of it since it is not just a regular Automatic Transmission. 

On 8/22/2019 at 3:05 PM, Quiet said:

Do I smell a doctor from UML doing some guerilla marketing

On 8/24/2019 at 2:44 PM, alds said:

It's a new owner indeed, I saw a youtube review on a new DFSK 580 from the "Doctor"

On 8/24/2019 at 3:17 PM, alds said:

Here you go ?

1 hour ago, Jason Bourne said:

hzKYdpU.jpg

WKHUBvs.jpg

0rquLK3.jpg

1 hour ago, alds said:

Funnily enough, this same fella who posted this on FB group promoted this 580 right here on this forum. Though he had a very fitting username for this specific content.

Not laughing at anyone's misfortune or misjudgment, but a good lesson is to do your research before the jump.

What fun!!!! ?

Edited by Hyaenidae
  • Thanks 1

See!!! Change is happening! People are changing! He has changed after Presidential election?

Since those china made cheap econo boxes struggle to deliver their power, I’ve been a passenger in a CHR for nearly 70km with 6 grown up people including me. I myself weighs around 85kg and all the others were fully grown adults who might weigh around 60-70kg. The boot was full of luggage. Guarantee that the car was carrying a weight around 400kg.Still I rarely heard the engine noise and the power was there when needed. The driver did some challenging overtakes which require good amount of power. I was pretty amazed!

• Like 1

• 6 months later...