• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

DFSK 580

WhiteDiavel

2 hours ago, Roshan321 said:

is this your democracy.  ? this is a public forum  and you cannot decide who need to block or who allow. moderator means you can filter comments not relevant to the topic, like political post or any harassments. but you cannot restrict if some one  post related to this.

Some of here condemn Chinese vehicle, and questioning the security while searching for Chinese vehicle to buy for their family. for that we are saying " Gagen wathura beela muhudata awadanawa kiyala" 

There's a saying "When you are in deep-sh*t keep your mouth shut" your sad, childish, pathetic, marketing gimmick has now been found, you have lost all credibility and whatever drivel you type is now scorned by the forum members. If you have any common sense or an ounce of shame left you'd better close both of your accounts and stop mumbling here. This is no longer about the quality of Chinese Vehicles but more about a pathetic childish attempt by a naive third class marketer. 

And since you like to quote in Sinhala :

ෆේක් account දෙකක් හදන් සත පනහෙ මාකටින් කරන්න ගිහින් ...ඒකවත් හරියට කරගන්න බැරිව නාගත්ත  උඹට මොන democracy ද? තවත් විහිලුවක් වෙන්නැතුව නිදාගනින්

Edited by matroska
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

1 minute ago, PreseaLover said:

logged in after 2 weeks (due to having dengue fever and being in the hospital and all that shit) and ammatasiri this thread is still going? :D dafaq you guys??? :D first thing i see when i logged it...*shakes my head and logs out again- take me back to the hospital* 

Whatever dengue that was left in you probably packed up and went... ?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Roshan321 said:

is this your democracy.  ? this is a public forum  and you cannot decide who need to block or who allow.

@Roshan321, I have a good mind to file a petition in the court of admins challenging your membership of the aristocratic capitalist forum of autolanka due to you holding dual identities, forging official forms, and worst of all, for continuing to blather about with no sense of shame as if you didn't get caught with your pants down.

Edited by Hyaenidae
  • Haha 2

I think that Suzuki Vitara offers more bang for the buck than the DFCC 580, but lacks 7 seating option, 1500cc turbo engine (suzuki has 1000cc turbo) and dual ac. It has all the options available in the DFCC + Safety features like Blind spot monitoring, Auto breaking etc..+Hill start assist+available panoramic sunroof etc...

If the ground clearance is not an issue, I would definitely go with the CIVIC hatch which has a load of other options such as adaptive dampers...

Edited by alpha17

35 minutes ago, Hyaenidae said:

@Roshan321, I have a good mind to file a petition in the court of admins challenging your membership of the aristocratic capitalist forum of autolanka due to you holding dual identities, forging official forms, and worst of all, for continuing to blather about with no sense of shame as if you didn't get caught with your pants down.

We can also call Gamini Viyangoda and Chandraguptha Thenuwara to file the petition 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, matroska said:

a day after the easter attacks? When there was curfew ? wow you must have been really motivated to buy the DFCC eh? hope you had a safe trip from the unimo showroom  to your residence ? 

And of course collected the vehicle from the Union Place showroom. We should award the branch members for their devotion for delivering those DFCCs to eagerly waiting owners, on a day after several bomb blasts in a highly restricted area... At least say it’s April 2nd... This guy doesn’t even know how to lie???

Edited by alpha17
  • Haha 1

Dear All , genuine people here ?. Shall we ignore those fake profile owners as I mentioned before. Hope Admins in this forum take immediate action to band their accounts. We better invite genuine owners of this vehicle to disclose their real experience of this. Since this is new model then it will help for others. Shall we request to anyone who going post as owner to first publish pics of their vehicle. then any member can ask them to post particular picture like some part of the vehicle and owner should be able to post it to the forum. I think that way we can identify real owners. Otherwise this will be a page for jokes only ?

I will try to post more info about my vehicle in future. at the moment please see some pics of my DFSK 580

20191009_070204_edited.jpg

20191009_070259_edited.jpg

20191009_070329_edited.jpg

20191009_070407_edited.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sathyajithj99 said:

C pillar is huge.  Must be quite a blindspot

But that seems to be the thing these days. An instance where design seems to be more important than function. But then again a thick C-pillar also implies greater impact absorption in case of a rear collision. So there is some function to it. Most of the new cars all the way from sedans to hatches seem to have that huge C pillar. I guess designers assume that with driver aid devices like blind-spot monitors and reverse cams the C-pillar being wide is okay...

Edited by iRage

1 hour ago, DKW said:

Hi iRage, what is blind-spot monitors?. Can I install it to my vehicle or is this come as factory fitted ?

Cameras installed to the side of the side mirrors and sensors that detect anything close to the vehicles sides...yes you can install aftermarket ones...manufacturer installed ones usually have warning lights on the side mirrors/cluster/etc....

1 hour ago, DKW said:

Hi iRage, what is blind-spot monitors?. Can I install it to my vehicle or is this come as factory fitted ?

Blind spot monitoring is a system that lets the driver know if there is a vehicle or object within blind spots of a vehicle. This is commonly done by an indicator installed within the exterior rear view mirrors. When an object is detected within a blind spot, the respective indicator lights up (typically with an audio alert) informing the driver of the object. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRt-Z0fB6zSW5qR4_bipLM

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTOMkSpLEybVzONni2BwIK

There are aftermarket blind spot monitoring kits available that you can install to any vehicle. The kit includes sensors and indicator lights to be installed close to the A pillar of the car. Not sure how accurate they are though, or if calibration can be done after installation to improve accuracy. 

3 hours ago, iRage said:

But that seems to be the thing these days. An instance where design seems to be more important than function. But then again a thick C-pillar also implies greater impact absorption in case of a rear collision. So there is some function to it. Most of the new cars all the way from sedans to hatches seem to have that huge C pillar. I guess designers assume that with driver aid devices like blind-spot monitors and reverse cams the C-pillar being wide is okay...

True. Even my C-HR has a large C pillar due to the design.  Anyway to compensate for that, it comes with Blind spot monitoring and Rear cross traffic allert systems 

By the way there is a promotion of DFSK 580 at our hospital today. I was also interested in this vehicle due to this thread,  so went and had a look. Also drove for about 1 km within hospital premises . Interior quality is ok. Had leather seats, upholstery and armrest. Found few cheap plastics on dashboard.  Interior seemed quite good compared to other Chinese vehicles.  I doubt how long they will last.

When driving nothing special was felt almost had the same feeling when I drove a CRV. Acceleration was quite good.  They said the engine was from Fiat.

According to the salesman they have already sold 160 units. Not sure about that . Price he quoted was 62 lacks. (Not for the permit)

Edited by sathyajithj99
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DKW said:

Thank you iRage and Davy. any idea where I can buy this ?. I guess Sun Lanka has, not sure the quality of their products.

There are ones in the Ebay, costing around $55+ shipping. Most of these parts are from chinese manufacturers, so cannot guess about their accuracy and durability. Su* L*nka and other sellers must be selling the same ones as I couldn’t find anything like a Bosch product.

1 hour ago, DKW said:

Thank you iRage and Davy. any idea where I can buy this ?. I guess Sun Lanka has, not sure the quality of their products.

Yeah, I... wouldn't let anyone mess with the electrical system of the car, especially when it's a new model which I'm sure the monkeys of the Sun Lanka haven't laid their hands on, like, ever. They actually tried to cut the wire harness of my car just to install a 2DIN player because the original connector didn't fit the 2DIN player they had, instead of using an adapter. Luckily I was there watching the whole thing, too bad for the people who left their cars there and left - trusting them to do a good job of installing accessories.

tl;dr: You're better off without a blind spot monitoring system, keep the electrical system as it is rather than getting it butchered by local "electricians"

On 3/21/2019 at 5:26 PM, NFC said:

Is there anyone that can comment on glory580 ?

Wow !!!! i was the 1st to reply to the OP in this Legendary Thread.......... :action-smiley-035:

Hope to see some genuine feedback on this vehicle by the users as they reach 30K + mileage.

Edited by NFC
Making my comment even cooler :D

If one is really interested on this vehicle they should visit the show room and find out themselves! Ask for a test drive and feel it themselves!

This vehicle cannot be compared with previous glory models.

We Sri Lankan’s spend unnecessary amounts of money for Japanese vehicles and feel so proud! Just imagine you will have 61 Laks in your hand comparing to CRV ! Even if you will get all the repairs which was mentioned on the previous comments would it cost 61 laks?

When you spend 61 lacks more for another vehicle do you understand that you are spending another 22 laks as the bank interest for 5 years ( if you are taking a lone ) or more if you had invested that money somewhere else?

Don't we have other things to do with that money? 

Just look at the roads to see how many are driving zero star rated vehicles and risking their lives? Even with out comfort and Luxery of a magnificent SUV?

Be fair my friends. Don’t just comment! Do some research and give the right facts to fellow guys! 

12 hours ago, Car Doctor said:

If one is really interested on this vehicle they should visit the show room and find out themselves! Ask for a test drive and feel it themselves!

This vehicle cannot be compared with previous glory models.

We Sri Lankan’s spend unnecessary amounts of money for Japanese vehicles and feel so proud! Just imagine you will have 61 Laks in your hand comparing to CRV ! Even if you will get all the repairs which was mentioned on the previous comments would it cost 61 laks?

When you spend 61 lacks more for another vehicle do you understand that you are spending another 22 laks as the bank interest for 5 years ( if you are taking a lone ) or more if you had invested that money somewhere else?

Don't we have other things to do with that money? 

Just look at the roads to see how many are driving zero star rated vehicles and risking their lives? Even with out comfort and Luxery of a magnificent SUV?

Be fair my friends. Don’t just comment! Do some research and give the right facts to fellow guys! 

Don't you think you should do the same as well ?

Do some calculations....yes a CRV costs considerably more than a DFSK 5xx..however, the CRV would last much longer and have a much greater residual value (over a longer period of time) compared to the usual Chinese vehicles. Therefore the total cost you should consider is NOT just the cost of all the repairs and replacements that the DFSK will have to do and then proclaim that it would still be cheaper than a CRV. You should consider TOTAL cost o ownership which includes the vehicles depreciation, cost of maintenance and lost opportunity cost when the vehicle is not running. If you are considering the cost of funding, then you also have to consider the value of money (present and future) and then you might realise 22lks now is not entirely 22lks in 5 years time. So...your example needs a little bit more grounding.

Secondly, people in Sri Lanka are not paying a high amount of money for a Japanese vehicle...they are paying high for two things :

1. the government...our policies are retarded. We live ina country where a Mercedes Becz C class can cost less than a Toyota Corolla

2. a car that they really do not need...most Sri Lankans buy a car not to meet the functional requirements they have but with the hope of it being an investment and to impress the neighbors and colleagues. So they buy a car they cannot afford that leaves them with no cash for anything else (including pumping petrol or even proper maintenance)

So it is not a Japanese vehicle thing...

Yes....people do drive around a lot in zero safety rating vehicles. In case you haven't noticed...there are either Chinese or low-end Indian vehicles. Again...most of these were bought because of mis-placed priorities. Sri Lankans give less priority to safety and more to bells and whistles and the size of a car.  If you look around, for the price of these zero-star vehicles there always is a Korean or even Japanese vehicle for around the same price (albeit perhaps in a smaller segment)

Dear friend, DFSK580 is not just another Chinese Vehicle- that is the case . Dong feng chinas one of the largest car spare manufacturers who make parts for many vehicles including Honda ! . 
How can one predict how long this vehicle going to last when this vehicle was in srilanka only for just a little more than a year? Some said the same thing for Japanese vehicles when it was first brought to srilanka!( many were not born then!) 
yes I agree 22 Laks now is much worth than after few years !! That is the case . One puts 22laks today for the vehicle as an so called investment to get that back after few years!! And opportunity cost is not the time you waste when the vehicle is not running ( if there will be such time - people are so negative minded!) but the time one is waiting to buy a  “great “ vehicle which will be a good investment! Better to go by bus and buy some gold!

my dear friend has lot of good vehicles at very cheap prices A Mercedes at a price of Corolla! High safety Japanese vehicles at cheep Indian car prices... may be I also should change my mind?

• Confused 4