• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

DFSK 580

WhiteDiavel

On 9/3/2019 at 10:52 AM, LMS said:

First and for most i  categorically denie the comment which say that I do Gurilla Marketing.?    i posted my personal exprience with 580. Not by any means i do what you call Gurilla Marketing . When the vehicle i use is so far good , don't i have my rights to say that it is GOOD. and when i say it is good some say i do Gurilla , With out talking facts and figures to the point. No use of beting around the bush. Talk to the point  . If any body wants i am always ready to give my telephone no , even . If i may put all in a nutshell all i say is that , DFSK 580 SUV made in Indonesia brought here by UNIMO ( earlier they were the people who initially brought Mg . Please vist their web) is a GOOD, RELIABLE vehicle with 7 seater , dual ac, SPECIALLY With retaractable mirrors which u don't in මේ සංසාරේ get in MG+ tyre pressure monitor + find my car option + follow me home option +1500 turbo engine + 4 cylinder + Electronic parking break ( not found in mg .unless when u disengage hand break manually , thinking that it is being done Electronically )+++++ many more.

And be mindful , that i am not saying that 580 is better than X5 BMW, Q7 and similar vehicles all i say is that 580 is the ONLY vehicle one can buy for 6 M , and value for your money in every aspect when compared to MG and vehicles in that category.

On 9/3/2019 at 12:03 PM, LMS said:

Dear Quiet, that this is a friendly request for you to inform u that people who use 580 are not donkeys. They may be wrong and be deceived but  If you keep on thinking like that we have to decide who the real donkey is. We should not under value our human qualities just because of a piece of metal shit. You may have seen 1 or 2 vehicles that’s ur problem but I have seen 7 vehicles only in my area!

Hi guys....Its being some times since logged and posted on forum. But followed al the topics almost  everyday  :)

Couldn't stay without commenting on this topic... I am not a owner neither going to be a owner for DFSK 580 , But lets say a Victim of a similar vehicle. So this might not be 100% relevant to this said vehicle. 

I have owned (not any more) a JONWAY A380 for a period of 4 years. (A copy of a RAV4- 2003-2006) model, Manual Gear(F5M41) , 4G18S Engine. Vehicle was purchased B/N from Agents (Softlogi*Auto**** )

At first when just brought the vehicle , it was a one of the superb vehicle for use (at least under the impression). Interior was leather, Acceleration was really good, Paint was shining was very happy with the vehicle, Fuel figures were also not so bad (10-11 kmpl city and 13kmpl outstation). All started with a passenger side seat belt warning light. It illuminates and warns despite no one is sitting , when checked closely it didn't have a sensor to detect if a passenger is sitting or not!

Airbag warning light came about a week after...(Agents tried to correct this unlimited times) but even at the time of selling also error was not corrected

Plastic started cracking and breaking after about 6 months of use. (Stereo cover, interior Handels, dashboard trim prices...etc). once you remove a plastic cover you can not fit it again as clips got broken. Plastic parts so much breakable no more different than tictac box plastic. Plastic wheel cover lost almost all the clips in a period of about 2 year use. 

Windscreen rubber beading was brittle and cracked! Black plastic trims on mirrors were scaling 

Under the impression that mechanical parts are freely available as Mitsubishi 5M41 , 4G18S gearbox and engine, but they were mismatching (Eg- Finding a clutch plate was  a nightmare ! only agents help was remaining) 

Corrosion... nothing could stop it, Door edges, front collision bar and any sharp edge or where a paint chip

In Summary had to rely on Agents for sourcing parts.Part prices were very expensive as agent had monopoly over spare parts.

Some how managed to live with the help of agents for 4 years. But Thanks to technicians advice made up my mind to sell despite a loss of 2mil,  as he claimed that no more spare parts will be imported as mother company is closed in china and yes not the company is totally closed ! even website .....

I cant say same will happen to DFSK, But Chinese are changing their models like people are changing cloths and spare part bank is not maintained. I don't know if a  agreement between agent for sourcing spare parts after model is discontinued is available or not !

In summary- Until Chinese will prove there after sales are reliable I would stay away from a Chinese

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, CAR_MADNESS said:

Hi guys....Its being some times since logged and posted on forum. But followed al the topics almost  everyday  :)

Couldn't stay without commenting on this topic... I am not a owner neither going to be a owner for DFSK 580 , But lets say a Victim of a similar vehicle. So this might not be 100% relevant to this said vehicle. 

FWIW, the engine designed by Mitsubishi didn't give you that much grief even though it was manufactured by Chinese neh...  

Your experience might be relevant than you think, both Jonway and DFSK are being imported and sold by the same agent

Edited by Hyaenidae
Wrong info - It seems Softlogic auto was the agent for Jonway

E4AFED40-DAE1-42B1-BE38-BBE346CEC3DE.thumb.jpeg.27729b29ee4a1cf0897cd53e26031ced.jpegDear Saranga above are posts that had been posted earlier by me regarding 580. I brought my 580 on March 2019 , i have been using 580 since then with out a single problem . But when we say that 580 is good and worth every cent you spent on , some people got so annoyed and said that i am a worker of unimo and do some gurilla marketing . When we express our ideas regarding 580 genuinely it is gurilla . To tell you all the truth i can give my telephone no to any one if i am asked for. And further more i totally agree with Sarang_s . Some say that Japanese vehicles are better , that is true but 580 worth more than the money you spent on it , And this is , in my personal opinion , the best vehicle China has ever made, far more advanced than MG in all aspect . !

5 minutes ago, Hyaenidae said:

FWIW, the engine designed by Mitsubishi didn't give you that much grief even though it was manufactured by Chinese neh...  

Your experience might be relevant than you think, considering both Jonway and DFSK are being imported and sold by the same agent

Noup...Only trouble free part in vehicle was engine and gearbox. tough Accelerating on a steep hill required shifting gear  to 1st, Engine did give some vibration but couldn't figure if it were mounts or engine it self...

1 minute ago, LMS said:

LeXsKf5.jpg

Dear Saranga above are posts that had been posted earlier by me regarding 580.

This is what we like to see - real owners sharing their experience instead of spamming the forum with youtube links and fake profiles. That's what Roshan321 AKA Saranga_S should've done from the beginning (I still believe he's just playing the fox who had lost its tail)

Do consider posting a review and create a dedicated thread for your ride if possible. Who knows, maybe you'll be the one to finally convince the skeptics to part with their tails!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Roshan321 said:

telling I'm doing gurilla marketing while they driving Chinese ?

Exactly, doesn't that invalidate your allegations that we are Car sale mafia who hate all Chinese vehicles?

If your analyze deeply why the resale prices of used Panda is close to Nano, despite the latter being much more inferior  with fewer options, ride quality and looks, you will clearly realize there is a problem how  Chinese cars  perform in Sri Lanka conditions.

IMO Chinese cars could succeed in Sri Lanka if they can provide a low-cost,hassle -free, cheap to maintain car that can compete with the Marutis. Car buyers prefer to stick to one OEM if they are satisfied with the first car, like how people upgrade from VW Polo (single man) to Golf (Couple) to Passat (Family with kids) over life time.

PS: we have a Euro as first car, therefore the post was to look for a cheap and hassle-free 2nd car for short trips and usage in city traffic.

8 hours ago, Roshan321 said:

Hi @LMS please see my comment above for other member name Vag2. you can see that he is searching for Chinese vehicle like Geely or Nano for him while condemn this one ?. Specially they talk about safety of DFSK and buying Nano for him ?. this is the common behavior in this country now. and they are telling I'm doing gurilla marketing while they driving Chinese ? . No point of talking with this kind of Idiots. 

He never commented saying this car is built in China...I currently have an AE100, but this Chinese car is better in every way...This Chinese car's doors are heavier than AE100 and almost weighs like a Palath Sabha Pajero...It is the best hatchback for the price...It has full options...China is a nice country...They have a nice ongoing airport project....blah...blah...blah... and then at the end, the review of that particular vehicle done in Chinese or Russian:sarcastic_hand:

Edited by alpha17
  • Haha 2

Dear All, Shall I do humble request for all who post in this thread. I can see there are so many unnecessary topics discussing without point out the reason for the thread. 

This is new model introduced recently and I think we better see the comment from real owners of this vehicle , what are the good points , bad points which they realized. then it will be good for the viewers. condemn it by looking at as Chinese vehicle is not a propper way to evaluate. past history for Chinese vehicle may not good but we cannot predict the future by always looking at the past. 90% of items in our home / office are made in China even our shirt buttons ?. My understanding is they will come to Vehicle market same like other areas, specially give competition with price as they did for all other industries. 

Come to the point , I request to the actual owners (not fake profile owners ?)  to post their experience with the pics of their vehicle which will give us confident of their originality as owner. Even this is introduced nor more than 6 months I know some of owners driven it fair mileage at the moment. I have met one person in Ella town who already completed 15000KM. He said he is doing tourism and going upcountry at least 5-6 time per month without any issue with this vehicle. I think he is also traveling around the country as well. We need the view from people like them not like fake owners who actually destroy the confidence for others.

Therefore I suggest to Admins of this page to block the people you identify as fake and not a real owners. otherwise they will do a mess here. 

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Saranga_S said:

I bought this vehicle on 22nd April 2019

a day after the easter attacks? When there was curfew ? wow you must have been really motivated to buy the DFCC eh? hope you had a safe trip from the unimo showroom  to your residence ? 

Edited by matroska
  • Like 2
  • Haha 7

2 hours ago, DKW said:

Dear All, Shall I do humble request for all who post in this thread. I can see there are so many unnecessary topics discussing without point out the reason for the thread. 

This is new model introduced recently and I think we better see the comment from real owners of this vehicle , what are the good points , bad points which they realized. then it will be good for the viewers. condemn it by looking at as Chinese vehicle is not a propper way to evaluate. past history for Chinese vehicle may not good but we cannot predict the future by always looking at the past. 90% of items in our home / office are made in China even our shirt buttons ?. My understanding is they will come to Vehicle market same like other areas, specially give competition with price as they did for all other industries. 

Come to the point , I request to the actual owners (not fake profile owners ?)  to post their experience with the pics of their vehicle which will give us confident of their originality as owner. Even this is introduced nor more than 6 months I know some of owners driven it fair mileage at the moment. I have met one person in Ella town who already completed 15000KM. He said he is doing tourism and going upcountry at least 5-6 time per month without any issue with this vehicle. I think he is also traveling around the country as well. We need the view from people like them not like fake owners who actually destroy the confidence for others.

Therefore I suggest to Admins of this page to block the people you identify as fake and not a real owners. otherwise they will do a mess here. 

...and if you see that is what most were trying to do at the beginning and the main reason the moderators still have not locked this thread despite all the off-topic posts (we have even hidden irrelevant and insulting posts). However, a direct and honest review of a vehicle is not posting youtube videos of the vehicle in languages that none of us understand (except for one which just listed out all the accessories in the car in Sinhala) and bashing cars that obviously have proved itself.That is when things went to the dog house. Moderators stepped in because the posts were going no where and there clearly was deception. 

So lets hope things improve from here onwards....

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LMS said:

I totally agree with  DKW. It is high time we spoke to the point as real owners of 580 !

2 hours ago, DKW said:

You guys are totally welcome to discuss about the vehicle. In fact, we encourage you to do it because first hand experience about a particular vehicle trumps everything including accusations made by others. If you guys have a problem with other members harassing you, please use the "Report post" link on the top right hand side corner of each post and moderators will handle it from there. It must also be said that you guys need to expect some level of scepticism from members here, given that the history of Chinese vehicles in the country has not been mostly positive. 

As @iRage said, moderators have been very lenient when members like Roshan321 was spamming this thread with useless YouTube videos and to top it all up, create a fake profile, claiming to be the owner of the vehicle and then log back in as Roshan321 and thank himself for posting. This kind of deceitful behaviour causes people to lose credibility in the forum and we'll have to step in. Still Roshan321/Saranga_S has not accepted or apologised for his actions and is commenting freely. If it were another forum, as soon as moderators observed his actions, he would have been banned - no questions asked. If you guys could see the number of posts we've had to delete on this thread because they were insults and out of topic, you'd be surprised. We are giving a fair chance to everyone here. But the line needs to be drawn somewhere.

So go ahead and post about the car and your experiences with it. Share your honest opinion. In the meantime, we will continue to monitor this thread closely and moderators will decide what action we will take against the fake account. @MADZ, this one is over to you. 

4 hours ago, matroska said:

a day after the easter attacks? When there was curfew ? wow you must have been really motivated to buy the DFCC eh? hope you had a safe trip from the unimo showroom  to your residence ? 

Maybe he was worried about a possible apocalypse to follow the attacks. The glorious DFCC is the best vehicle to face the doomsday event. 

4 hours ago, Roshan321 said:

this is a public forum  and you cannot decide who need to block or who allow.

@Roshan321yes, they CAN.?

After realizing how desperate the Chinese car marketing guys in SL have become so that they even create fake profiles to pose as real users and upvote each others comments, I changed my idea to stick with good old Indian made for 2nd car. (first car will ALWAYS be a Euro)

Edited by vag2