• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

DFSK 580

WhiteDiavel

@Saranga_S.,presuming that you are a legitimate poster and the above is a sincere post:

The main concern with almost all Chinese cars is longevity....even the Cherries were quite good at the beginning but it did not stand the test of time. For most Chinese cars the main components are usually borrowed from other manufacturers and the components themselves are not bad. The issue is the engineering and the effort and attention to detail that has gone in to  putting these components together. It would be nice to see a Chinese car that actually is decent (well..MG is not too bad..although it is not entirely Chinese). The Chinese can do it....after all they manufacture Toyotas and other Japanese and European cars for these manufacturers (and under license) on their own and those are decent.

Finally, anyone who buys a gasoline, mid to full size Crossover and expects anything more than 8kmpl on average is clearly delusional and hugely mistaken. So 8ish is what can be expected and that is it....I am sure the agent advertises a lot more because that is what Sri Lankans get excited about.

Edited by iRage
  • Like 1

The reason why chinese cars are not popular among people is their bad reliability in the past. As an example the Geely cars have a bad reputation in SL due to reliability issues. Same thing with the Ssangyong, which is a Korean manufacturer. For 2008 permits, Kyron and  Rexton were ordered in heaps as they seemed a real bang for the buck during that era. Then after sometime, they started giving numerous trouble and after sales service was very poor.

A relation of mine owns a 2016 Rexton which has done around 40,000km(brought brand new). When you grab the interior door handles to pull the door, it creeks. Closing a door gives the impression that the parts are not well put together. The seats still have the polythenes on them, but the dashboards and interior parts shows the age of the 150,000+ km done Japanese car. This is totally unacceptable for a vehicle costing around 8 million to buy, where you would be able to buy a 120  Prado which would serve without much of an issue for another 5-6 years or even a decade.

I have driven the DFSK Glory, and for the price, it seems a nice bargain. 7 seater with some attractive options such as; leather seats, DVD player with reverse camera, teak panels all over the cabin...etc. Drives ok without any noticeable issue. But again, when you get inside, feels that it is not built to last. But a member who owned one explained about all the repairs he had to do during the ownership, which pretty disappointing.

The 580 might have rectified most of the issues, but I personally would not pay around 6 million for a car from a manufacturer with bad reputation for reliability. Sure the 580 has some nice set of features, but most of them can be fitted to any car without much of a hassle, like the TPMS system. When I checked with the photos, most parts of the interior are made using hard and cheap looking plastics, but dunno how they long they would survive under SL conditions. I personally believe that DFSK needs more time as a car company to release more reliable products as Korean manufacturers  like KIA and Hyundai took around a decade to bring their quality closer to that of japanese ones. They have proven their reliability in other countries like UK and USA.

Then someone would ask, why people are going for Maruti Suzuki from India. Simple. The Marutis were here in SL for a pretty long time, and they are simple machines with no fancy electronics and heaps of sensors. So they are easy to maintain and a typical makabass would be able to fix any issue. They are reliable too even though build quality is acceptable for the value of the car(now they are overpriced).

I think the DFSK 580 seems like a nice bargain for the price, but for the same price a person can get a well made and solid japanese car like the New Suzuki SX4 which would serve for another 1-2 decades without much hassle. I personally think that for any chinese vehicle, one should not pay over 4 million. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Saranga_S said:

......... metal thickness of lower arm , etc are very hardy , very good finish better than my previous X-Trail. ....

Before I buy this I have checked  Mitsubishi Xpander from same company which cost around 2 MIL more than this ( I think Xpander made in Malaysia or Taiwan,). ..... its cheap made interior / exterior and he said  I will only get brand name for that price.  instead he recommend this DFSK 580 by considering the build quality , performance, comfortability and price......

Obviously he mentioned me the risk of second hand market. I also checked MG SUV , it has very cheap looking interior and poor performance with 1000cc Engine with 3 cylinder. Built quality also not good .....

I am sorry but the above few comments you have made takes away all your credibility and your understanding of build quality and your ability to distinguish materials...

1. The X-Trails control arms and other suspension mounts or sub-frame components are as good as any of the other vehicles like the CRV,RAV4, etc...and these vehicles are used around the world for 100 of thousands of km everyday. I know for a fact that these control arms are made out of strong alloys...For your reference..here are two pictures...the old rusted out one is part of the lower suspension and control components of a 13 year old X-trail. The black CA is a replacement unit brand new from DFSK. Look at the quality of the welds around the bushing inserts. The X trail has a stronger and much more cleaner weld (if it is a weld or complete molded unit I do not know) what the DFSK unit seems to have a much thinner weld. So I do not know what you mean by saying the DFSK's control arms are better. (just so you know...I am 99% average car buyers or even enthusiasts go compare control arms of vehicles yet alone look at the control arms of their own cars unless something is off....so...hmmmm

Image result for X-Trail lower control arm

Image result for dfsk 580 lower control arm

The XPander does NOT have poor build quality. Far from it...it is neither better or any worst than cars like the Innova. The difference is it uses a lot of hard plastics and synthetic material for the interior as the vehicle is for developing markets and harsh usage. Hard plastics and synthetic materials do not mean poor build quality.

Funny how you say the MG crossover interior looks cheap. It looks exactly like the interior of the DFSK580...exactly ! replace the rectangular air vents with circular ones they both are the same ! 

So when you were buying a car you checked how much money they have invested in production plants ? 

• Like 1

@Saranga_S....we have strong (technical) evidence to prove that you and Roshan321 are the same person (there is a reason why some of us said certain things in certain ways as we were testing out your legitimacy).

@Davy is one of the members of the admin/moderator team who has access to this evidence, so there is a reason why he is stating what he is stating.

If any of our members want to create multiple accounts and give in to their multiple personality disorders..so be it..as long as the contributions these different accounts make are positive and meaningful.

If you had given honest and balanced feed back of a vehicle; then this would not be an issue. There is no vehicle on this planet that is perfect but it is a bit hard to fathom that a completely new and unproven vehicle is superior than a host of vehicles that have proven itself for almost 20 years. What you and Roshan321 are resorting to is just simply guerrilla marketing tactics where you just use one account to re-enforce whatever the other account has stated (with no factual evidence other than video clips in languages none of us understand that are single sided). 

You are more than welcome to post pics of your vehicle and even do an honest review of your vehicle. Please do not post warranty certificates and purchase invoices as they contain private information. Posting private information on a public forum is not a good idea and we do not want to be responsible for having some poor DFSK 580 owner's personal data published over here (without the person's knowledge).

I do believe it is time we clean up this thread and maybe even lock it up. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Saranga_S said:

@Davy I dont know who you are and what is your intention. Also I don't know why you link with me with other member name Roshan321. I just saw this thread which related to my vehicle and thought to put my experience which will help to others who reading this. Now if anyone else put a comment as a owner of this then he also related to Roshan321 ?  If you want I can share my contact number and pic of my vehicle also if you want the warranty certificate , revenue license under my name to prove. But I dont undersand why are you that much curious such thing when someone post something for vehicle. lets say someone doing marketing here (as you point out for Roshan321) what's the issue? this is a forum to talk about vehicle and this thread created under DFSK 580. so people who interest will come and read all pros and cons mentioned by members. By reading this I can only see Roshan321 only comment pros of this and all others against it, but I cannot see any owner of this vehicle put comment and it seems Roshan321 also not a owner, that why I thought to put my genuine experience here. It seems you are trying to create some kind of mafia here only to discuss what you want, no democracy ? , no opportunity for others to post their view ? isn't it ? if it is true then I'm sorry I don't have time to waste here. 

I was typing a very long response but @iRage's post above says it all. So I'm not going to re-iterate. The administrators and moderators of the site have access to more information about members and their activity. That's basically all you need to know. I requested permission from @MADZ to post the evidence here and he gave me the all clear. The moderator team has seen this already so that's sufficient for now. We don't have to prove anything to you.

You talk about democracy... didn't you ramble on for 7+ pages on this thread with YouTube videos from Peru and Russia while the moderators gave you a fair chance? Didn't moderators advise other members to stop insulting you? There are many posts by other members that I personally removed because they were offensive. There's "democracy" for you. There is always a place in the forum for genuine members. But you crossed the line here by being deceitful and misleading members. 

Also, you say that you don't have time to waste here, but you had time to create a fake profile, cook up a story and post from both accounts alternatively to get attention of the members here. Who is wasting time?

I'd like to see you try and share photos of the car. Please do.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Saranga_S said:

@Davy you all like school boys ? managing a forum and my god did fantastic investigating. as I said before I don't know about Roshan321 but no need to prove myself either. If I want I can create another account by giving other email address, same way Roshan also can create. same way people create more than one Facebook account if they want. How can you stop that ? interesting to know that ?. Hey dont be like school boys , be professional. You cannot stop people create fake account and if they want they will create. 

Important thing is what they post from those accounts. if they post other topics than Automobile then you can stop, but this for forum for vehicle and people can put what ever they want regarding vehicles , their views , interests, opinions, . you cannot put label for them as guerilla marketing. because of you are moderate this forum doesn't mean that you can decide what to post and what to restrict if it related to automobile.

As Davy mentioned....we see a lot more information about members and their posts than the standard members. We are not basing this purely on email addresses attached to usernames/handles. 

You are not providing an unbiased view on anything except make unfounded claims and totally disregard any constructive critisism by citing more unfounded facts.  A member can create several accounts for legitimate reasons (if there are any that does not involve seeking professional psychiatric help) and as long as it makes a positive contribution. Not for deceit. Right now our issue is not with the vehicle but with your deceitfulness. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Saranga_S said:

This is what I posted, can you show me where "unfounded claims and totally disregard any constructive critisism by citing more unfounded facts" in this post?

Hi All, First of all I'm new to this forum. just seen this discussion and go through all comments pros and Cons of this Vehicle. I'm not sure who is doing marketing and who is posting genuine comments , but seen this all post I thought to give you my own experience as I'm one of owner of this vehicle.  I bought this vehicle on 22nd April 2019 ,  I have been used it nearly 6 months time and driven nearly 9500 km. previously I used Nissan X-Trail 2011 one.

I can't say anything about the second hand market at the moment and it will be depend on the sale of this vehicle in next 1-2 years and the condition with usage. but I can say my experience so far.  It has very good space inside , very comfortable for 1st and 2nd raw passengers.  even it has 3rd raw 2 seats , its bit uncomfortable for the well built adult to go there, specially when second raw fill with another 3 adults. but it's very convenient if 2 children or 2 small built adults . Dual AC working perfectly even most of the time we are switch of dual AC because front AC is  capable to handle full cabin AC. If you park the vehicle in out side in very hot day and it be able to cool down the full cabin in very short period of time with dual AC. Driving experience is very good. I went trip to Nuwara Eliya, Anuradhapura, Jaffna, very comfortable drive for the passengers. my family members mentioned that it is far better than our previous X-Trail (Don't know may be because this is a brand new one) . Acceleration , pickup when over take is very good. Good suspension , one of my friend has Honda CR-V 2019 model and its hardly feel different in both vehicle about suspension (this moment I cannot say how it handle Sri Lankan road condition in long go, but so far its very good) Fuel consumption is not very good, it does 8-9 KM/L in Colombo city limit in traffic condition and did 12-14 KM/L outstation. Company telling something else but that is what I have noticed. however if you really consider about fuel efficiency this is not a good choice. overall this is my experience so far and will let you know the condition after I complete 50000-80000 km. I think we need to run new vehicle at least that much to see how it handle Sri Lankan weather and road condition.

Thank You,

Saranga

One question. From which branch of Uni**d Mo**rs did you buy your car?

Okay....lets stop this....as entertaining as this is this serves no one any good. 

@Saranga_S or Roshan...thank you for giving us a view about your cars.  I believe the only other post that needs to be made on this thread is to post actual pics of the car so we can either all stop talking about it or talk about something more sensible.

Edited by iRage

Hi Folks, I got to know this thread from one of my friend and happy to post my opinion as a owner of this model. I saw the post by Saranga regarding this and I'm fully agree with his comment even fuel economy. I'm also not happy with 8-9KMpl in city limit as 1.5 turbo , it can understand if it has above 2 L engine. however, driving performance, comfortability is very good , very spacious  inside,  more room for the leg space. Yes AC is outstanding with dual AC,  3rd raw also has AC vents. I have driven nearly 5200KM and did my second service last week. because of it brand new vehicle agent requested to do first service at 1000KM. 

I have gone through some previous post and now don't link with me any other member or Unit#d Mot#rs .

19 minutes ago, DKW said:

Hi Folks, I got to know this thread from one of my friend and happy to post my opinion as a owner of this model. I saw the post by Saranga regarding this and I'm fully agree with his comment even fuel economy. I'm also not happy with 8-9KMpl in city limit as 1.5 turbo , it can understand if it has above 2 L engine. however, driving performance, comfortability is very good , very spacious  inside,  more room for the leg space. Yes AC is outstanding with dual AC,  3rd raw also has AC vents. I have driven nearly 5200KM and did my second service last week. because of it brand new vehicle agent requested to do first service at 1000KM. 

I have gone through some previous post and now don't link with me any other member or Unit#d Mot#rs .

Can you share some pics of your car? Or better still, it would be great if you can open a dedicated thread like this one: