• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

DFSK 580

WhiteDiavel

First and for most i  categorically denie the comment which say that I do Gurilla Marketing.?    i posted my personal exprience with 580. Not by any means i do what you call Gurilla Marketing . When the vehicle i use is so far good , don't i have my rights to say that it is GOOD. and when i say it is good some say i do Gurilla , With out talking facts and figures to the point. No use of beting around the bush. Talk to the point  . If any body wants i am always ready to give my telephone no , even . If i may put all in a nutshell all i say is that , DFSK 580 SUV made in Indonesia brought here by UNIMO ( earlier they were the people who initially brought Mg . Please vist their web) is a GOOD, RELIABLE vehicle with 7 seater , dual ac, SPECIALLY With retaractable mirrors which u don't in මේ සංසාරේ get in MG+ tyre pressure monitor + find my car option + follow me home option +1500 turbo engine + 4 cylinder + Electronic parking break ( not found in mg .unless when u disengage hand break manually , thinking that it is being done Electronically )+++++ many more.

And be mindful , that i am not saying that 580 is better than X5 BMW, Q7 and similar vehicles all i say is that 580 is the ONLY vehicle one can buy for 6 M , and value for your money in every aspect when compared to MG and vehicles in that category.

• Thanks 1

Dear Quiet, that this is a friendly request for you to inform u that people who use 580 are not donkeys. They may be wrong and be deceived but  If you keep on thinking like that we have to decide who the real donkey is. We should not under value our human qualities just because of a piece of metal shit. You may have seen 1 or 2 vehicles that’s ur problem but I have seen 7 vehicles only in my area!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LMS said:

Dear Quiet, that this is a friendly request for you to inform u that people who use 580 are not donkeys. They may be wrong and be deceived but  If you keep on thinking like that we have to decide who the real donkey is. We should not under value our human qualities just because of a piece of metal shit. You may have seen 1 or 2 vehicles that’s ur problem but I have seen 7 vehicles only in my area!

Seven is excellent, good that you kept a count

• Haha 1

Chinese or any brand, there will be buyers for anything depending on situational , personal conditions etc.
And i agree, there are no brand new 7 seaters at this price range in SL. 
Also i assume people who bought the 580 is well aware of the Chinese vehicle depreciation and loss they would have to encounter when they try to sell it off.
And if its my money and i badly need a 7 seater, I would go on the Korean route for a Kia/ Hyundai (2012 model year) or even a Rexton.  Or if wanted the Toyota route, may be a Vanguard. Which im pretty sure i will be able to use it with peace of mind for some time and let go without being on the mercy of the buyers.
Thats my thoughts. 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Roshan321 said:

@ajm and @Hyaenidae  my deepest sympathy for both of you idiots ?

No facts,  no point , no argument,  just criticizing others, so you have proven that you have some personality issues. 

Hey, I ain't the one who said the DFSK 580 is a piece of metal shit ? infact, I dare you to quote a post where I "criticized" the DFSK or its owners.

9 hours ago, Roshan321 said:

HI @Crosswind   , your point regards to some of other Chinese Vehicle export to Europe may be correct. But I dont think DFSK 580 will come to that category anymore. China didn't pay much attention for Vehicle market for past decade but now they have focus to that area. That means if we like or not they will come to top level of Vehicle industry in future, they have proved this capability for all areas. It seems DFSK 580 is new beginning when you compare its built quality. Even if its not mention the manufacturing country then difficult to identify this as Chinese Vehicle (Actually the one selling here made in Indonesia) . DFSK 580 will not come to Cheap Chinese vehicle category for sure. DFSK is called as Dongfeng Xiaokang in Chinese. Join Venture with Dongfeng. Even Honda , Nissan has joint venture with Dongfeng. see the below link

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dongfeng_Motor_Corporation

Honda CRV also  made by Dongfeng Honda in China. So DFSK implemented multi million USD facility in Indonesia, fully automated largest CAR plant in Indonesia.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/dfsk-launched-multi-million-usd-facility-indonesia-just-sundjojo

https://www.just-auto.com/news/dfsk-building-mpv-plant_id161405.aspx

Your point is very interesting. In your opinion, DFSK 580 is the turning point in Chinese vehicle quality. And you still want us to believe that you are not guerilla marketing this vehicle. 

The problem with Chinese vehicles is that their automotive industry itself is a huge mess. They have over a hundred big and small vehicle manufacturers. The designs are almost always knock-offs of a vehicle from a European, Japanese or American vehicle. There is no continuity between models - for example one version of a certain model will come with an engine copied from Mitsubishi and another will come with an engine copied from Mazda! And you can even order a car from alibaba.com from a lesser-known manufacturer!  All this affects the buyer. 

For example, everyone knows that if we say its a 1500 CC Premio, then it will have a 1NZ-FE engine in it and the same will be there in contemporary Axio, Vios (1.5), Allion, Ist etc. This makes it easier to get third party spares, repair the vehicle in third party garages etc. On the other hand nobody knows what the f*ck will be inside the next version of DFSK 580.  The only thing the damn website says is (that too in Chinese), that DFSK 1.5ltr version has 1.5 turbo engine with 150hp. Take the Panda for example, one version had an engine licensed from Fiat and another version had an engine licensed from Toyota!

So for those who claim that Chinese vehicles have achieved good quality standards, I'm afraid its a shallow statement based on a false analogy of Japanese and Korean auto industry, without any understanding of the following facts:

• China has hundreds of vehicle manufacturers who are churning out products, mostly aiming at low-end consumer (as they do with everything else). Having more than four or five players with two leaders is always disastrous to any industry, because it may eventually be a race to the bottom of the barrel
  • China does NOT have any indigenous designs at all. Almost all Chinese vehicles are knock-offs of each other. Front of a Toyota, rear of a Nissan, interior of a Peugeot etc.
  • China does everything right everytime the design, development and quality control is done elsewhere. They perform badly when they have to do those stuff themselves. For example, there will be a world of difference between Chinese made Nissans and Chinese made DFSKs. 
  • Product continuity is virtually non-existent. Today's DFSK 580 may have an engine copied from one manufacturer. Tomorrow it may be from some other manufacturer
  • Like 7

Since the safety ratings came up in an earlier post, May I add that DFSK isn't even mentioned in the euroncap listing? Even Bajaj is mentioned as a manufacturer in Euro-NCAP. So their so called 5 star rating should be from C-NCAP. Which is nowhere near the standard Euro-NCAP or ANCAP. Comparing the CRV 5 star rating to 580 5 star rating is apples to tomatoes.

DFSK is not a new brand to SL, their trucks have been here for at least 10-15 years. And being claimed the largest truck manufacturer in asia does not automatically make them magically birthing the perfect SUV. I believe TATA was the largest truck manufacturer in asia last few years, even FUSO and HINO must be ahead of DFSK in trucks department.

China becoming the tech monopoly is unavoidable and even beneficial for the asian economy, there's no doubt on that. But lying is not the way to promote their products. (Which the Chinese don't do anymore). But misleading people about the safety of a vehicle is a big NO-NO in my book. That says a lot about the company these marketing agents represent. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, alds said:

Since the safety ratings came up in an earlier post, May I add that DFSK isn't even mentioned in the euroncap listing? Even Bajaj is mentioned as a manufacturer in Euro-NCAP. So their so called 5 star rating should be from C-NCAP. Which is nowhere near the standard Euro-NCAP or ANCAP. Comparing the CRV 5 star rating to 580 5 star rating is apples to tomatoes.

Wow, you're right, Dongfeng / DFSK / Fengguang is not listed on EURONCAP listings.

@Roshan321, care to explain?

LfuZfp9.jpg

7IKcfbp.jpg

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Roshan321 said:

However they are building Bridge from one Island to other by using their technology.

again comparing building standards with Automotive standards, looks like a potential candidate for a dummy to be put on the first Donkey 580 to be crash tested according to Euro N-CAP?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Roshan321 said:

Its normal we have Japanese vehicle fever and somehow its correct that they have built very good vehicles (But today its a doubt are  they made same quality now with law range vehicle like corolla , Yaris etc. Of course High ends are  still good)

Well both Corolla and Yaris (JDM Vitz) have been tested by euro NCAP and conforms to both J-NCAP and euro-NCAP safety ratings so there is that ?

Just now, Roshan321 said:

@Hyaenidae im not talking safety, I feel now Toyota making law end cars with bit cheap quality . good example is Corolla. I dont think they have ever made good one like 121 after it , that's my understand. However Euro-NCAP doesn't have all Toyota models, example Premio also not there

Premio isn't being sold in Europe, that's why it's not there ?

Well the later iterations of Corollas doesn't hold up against the abuse of our local Baiyas as well as the 121, that doesn't mean Toyota has lowered their quality standards, they're just using newer technology that saves fuel and has fewer emissions at the cost of the hardiness and the reliability of older technologies (Eg: CVT vs 4AT).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Roshan321 said:

that kind of bridge even USA didn't built. so if they can do that do you think they cannot do for vehicle? y

who are "they"? the Chinese in general or the Engineering team of this big-ass bridge?

You are arguing that if the same bridge team designed a  Donkey it would be same quality?

Civil engineering is not such a high tech industry like Defense/Automotive/Electronics, which are heavily reliant on Processes as well as Innovation.

All the developed countries have the technology to build such bridges, but the reason you dont see such structures is they are not willing to waste money on show-off projects  like Chinese or Arabs.  So that is not an argument to buy a Chinese vehicle or Aircraft.

FYI:To release one car model takes about 1000 Engineers from R & D, Testing, Production, Quality control. 

• Haha 1