• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

DFSK 580

WhiteDiavel

@Roshan321 both your depreciation examples are probably the worst cases in SL market. BMW X1 - euro crossover and Harrier - 3.0 gasoline engine. Here they are targeted for the folks who doesn't really care about resale value. and honestly, I don't think they are worth at the price tags.

On 9/27/2019 at 3:03 PM, Roshan321 said:

If anyone think that Chinese will never be able to make good vehicle then no point of talking further.

You are dead wrong, they already make good vehicles, but not with unicorn tears and magic, but with actual engineering and materials. Whether it's China, Japan or Germany, technology is expensive irrespective of the place. you simply can't put all that 580 features well built into that price point (I'm talking even considering the SL assembly - tax reduction too).

And the countries the 580 is being sold also have the same market dynamics. The Chinese do run some good market analysis. 

I think the best thing to do now is that you buy this car as clearly you are impressed by the features and the value for money factor. After that, please do a detailed review of your experience. Maybe we are all wrong, who knows. 

UN*MO is running a special promotion these days for 580 as I saw in one of the showrooms. apparently it's 5.35mil instead of 6.1mil. So go for it.

• Like 2

@Roshan321 dead friend, you’ve got many points wrong in comments. First is that you are saying we are not expecting China to make High-end, solidly built luxury cars. Just google Hongqi L5, which is the proper chinese rolls-royce (not a copy cat) with a price tag closer to two phantoms. China makes good cars. But this DFCC 580 is not one of them. I mean you are paying over 6 million for a chinese made car which is going to give you lot of problems and would likely to loose value closer to 50% in another 2-3 years.

Then you are saying that about weight of the doors comparing with a Lexus?. I won’t say a word. Please, buy this jeep. We hope your FD1 will sell soon. Then get this DFCC 580 whatever but don’t try to think that we would believe what you are saying about this vehicle. Most of the members here in this forum have plenty of knowledge and experiences regarding automobiles. We know what you are saying. Just don’t show your “teenage mentality” and buy this vehicle. Good luck!

p.s- I still remember how I used to hate Toyotas, when my dad’s double cab crashed onto the back of a Hiace when I was a kid. The accident ended up causing just a dent on the Hiace’s rear door and a considerable amount of damage to our double cab making me really upset about Toyotas.(not relating the DFCC story, but kind of relates in some ways ?)

Edited by alpha17

වෑව්!!! ඩී.එෆ්.සී.සී ඊස් ඕසම්!

Nice try of marketing! Why don’t you advertise it on a weekend paper rather than in a forum where no one believes you?

• Haha 1

Well @Roshan321 let me share a observation of mine on your comments. They are the same format all along the thread. The format has an quite interesting composition.

Part 1: Reply to a previous comment with some obscure fact about the 580

Part 2: The value for money story "7 seater for 6 mil = 580", spacious,luxurious and features

Part 3: The released DFSK 580 models and countries they are sold

Part 4: The Japanese-European-Korean comparison story, how people used to compare different automakers.

Part 5: Totally unrelated and probably paid-by-DongFeng youtube review from a country that we've only seen on a discovery documentary . (always non-english)

Not trying to offend you or anything, just sharing my observations with others. and yeah, the 5.35mill special offer banner is gone from Kohuwala UN*MO showroom. Guess the demand was too high or something.

1 hour ago, Roshan321 said:

my god what a kind of interest you have for this vehicle by reading this thread everyday

yeah right, we can't take it anymore. Tell me how and when we can meet, maybe we could have a

ත්‍රීසම් විත් ද ඕසම් ඩොන්කී?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Roshan321 said:

my god what a kind of interest you have for this vehicle by reading this thread everyday

You bet ?

That being said, I'm more interested in the people who buy these vehicles than the vehicle itself. I wonder what goes through their minds right before putting down 6 million rupees on faith. Quite the leap of faith if you ask me.

6 hours ago, Roshan321 said:

OMG ! Is this the type of reviews they do in SL ? 90% of the review comprised of listing the basic features even an Alto has ! I got so sick of it that I just stopped...was there any part where they critically evaluated the performance of the vehicle and the build quality ?

Fine...no car on this world is perfect...they all have issues. The positives anyone and everyone can read of off of a web page or sales brochure. If anyone wants car enthusiast to be serious about a car and give a good review there has to be a balanced expression of the good and the bad.

@Roshan321....if you believe this vehicle is the best for you; then so be it. But be open when people give you critical feed back about the vehicle. This can only help you in the long run so that you can plan to manage the issues that would come up in the future. What you are doing and saying right now is similar to what the Fox said when it could not reach the grapes. Since you have obviously done more research on the vehicle than any one of us...can you please tell us the negatives about this vehicle ?

Sorry I did not go through the million+1, but how is the safety rating, etc...for this car ? Also, is the model that goes to Korea, Europe, etc..the same as what comes to SL ? Sometimes manufacturers cut down on safety features for some markets..so the same car that scored well in Europe or the US will get a very poor score for variants sold in markets like SL (eg. the beetle swift...what was sold in JPN and EUR had good safety scores but the stripped down variant of the Maruti was scored low)

Also, when you own a car...you need to look at the total cost of ownership. That includes, depreciation and cost of preemptive and running maintenance work etc....just because a Prado is 13mil and a DFSK is 6mil..it does not mean that your car is cheaper to own than the Prado. 

Edited by iRage
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, iRage said:

Also, when you own a car...you need to look at the total cost of ownership. That includes, depreciation and cost of preemptive and running maintenance work etc....just because a Prado is 13mil and a DFSK is 6mil..it does not mean that your car is cheaper to own than the Prado. 

Very good point, Specially how quickly you will need replacements, Depreciation loss after 12 months (For this vehicle I would think its more than 20% of vehicle cost) and it will be very very difficult to find a buyer second hand, Also it will be very difficult to find leasing companies/banks to finance this unless you have a very good credit rating.

All these will increase cost of ownership beyond the initial cash outlay.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Roshan321 said:

Noted all your comments. But no one provide acceptable reason not to buy this vehicle. There are different type people with different financial background. If you think about depreciation you cannot buy newly introduce vehicle with new Brand like this. this apply for Japanese Vehicle also , New Honda Civic 1000cc how its drop today market. then only you can drive used Japanese Car forever. Driving SUV is different experience but limited crowd go for SUV as it has high maintenance cost , low fuel consumption , highly depreciate the value after registered brand new vehicle. etc, this apply for Japanese SUV's as well. If you want to drive comfortable SUV with 7 seater, good Interior and Exterior, Overall very impressive outlook, then this is best choice for the money. 

@iRage it has NCAP 5 start rating.

Like I asked..is the version that comes to SL the same as the version that goes to Europe ? or South Korea ? I gave you reasons as to why I ask this earlier. Also, you might want to check the comparison between C-NCAP and other NCAP rating mechanisms...you will see some huge differences.

But don't you think the others (at least at the beginning) gave you valid and reasonable facts as to why you should not go for this vehicle ? There is significant questions about build quality with average Chinese vehicles (which this is). Yes...we had the same view of Korean cars..but you have to accept the fact that these Korean cars took nearly 3 decades to actually be as dependable as the Japanese and European vehicles. DFSK has been in existence only for half that time....so you really cannot say people are wrong when they say thing. So far..every where in the world..when decent build quality equal to that of the Japanese, Europeans and Koreans were required from the Chinese manufacturers; their vehicles either became expensive as the JPN/EUR/KR vehicles or simply went out of business. 

I think you need a re-look and rethink your view of depreciation. In many regards, depreciation in SL is skewed because of the inconsistent tax policies in the country. Before elections (and soon after) the import taxes go down only to be brought back up once the politicians get settled down in their fat chairs. When prices of cars go down, it is not just a certain model or brand that goes down, it is pretty much everything. So part of the "depreciation" factor is effected by this (if you can even call it depreciation...its more like market value or something...perhaps an economist in the group can explain what this component/effect is actually called). But true depreciation and a vehicle's residual value is attached to the extent of use of the vehicle (at any given time) and the remaining usage/shelf-life of the vehicle. When it comes to Japanese, European,  Korean cars people are aware that a 5 year old Prado will still have a good 20-25 years of life left in it (we still have Box Prados and 90 series Prados running on our roads). Considering the remaining long service life of the vehicle, the Prado''s residual value after 5 years is quite high (as who ever is buyng it after next believes it has a lot remaining in its service-life). Because of long service lives of these cars when the market value plumbets because of stupid taxation schemes people are willing to hold on to their Prados and Pajeros until the market picks up again or the loss is justified through extended use. The issue with Chinese vehicles is that they wear and tear quite easily and in the past Chinese cars have not lasted more than 5-6 years. So after 4 or 5 years you wont be able to sell it for pretty much anything because it has almost reached a scrap value of 0.  

Now, I am open to believing that the DFSK 580 has a bit more "class" in build and offering  than the Chinese vehicles of the past. However, I am going to remain skeptical about whether it will actually last the test of time and the value that comes along with it. For anything to succeed there needs to be early adopters and you are brave to be one of them....I hope you reap the benefits of taking the risk.

Anyway, your money your car and if you believe this is the car for you then so be it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Roshan321 said:

Noted all your comments. But no one provide acceptable reason not to buy this vehicle. There are different type people with different financial background. If you think about depreciation you cannot buy newly introduce vehicle with new Brand like this. this apply for Japanese Vehicle also , New Honda Civic 1000cc how its drop today market. then only you can drive used Japanese Car forever. Driving SUV is different experience but limited crowd go for SUV as it has high maintenance cost , low fuel consumption , highly depreciate the value after registered brand new vehicle. etc, this apply for Japanese SUV's as well. If you want to drive comfortable SUV with 7 seater, good Interior and Exterior, Overall very impressive outlook, then this is best choice for the money. 

The thing is you are trying to market your company’s SUV here, where no one would be able to believe you. To cover up that you are not a marketing guy, always brings up the point that you are going to buy this, but no fair reasons are given to avoid it. Please do your DFCC marketing somewhere else. Maybe your village’s “handiye the kade” or “linda laga” people might believe you.

Then bringing up the NCAP rating. Micro panda was labelled the safest compact car. But now no one buys it now.

Whatever so please stop this nonsense marketing. Most of the members around here have plenty of experiences about vehicle in SL and overseas. So no one is going to believe what you are saying. Go open yourself a blog and then brag about this DFCC.

@iRage shall we stop this tread? Otherwise this marketing guy would not stop posting till death.

Edited by alpha17
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, vag2 said:

C-NCAP is a scam, not even Chinese consumers trust them. It has nothing to do with Euro-NCAP.

http://chinaautoweb.com/2011/01/is-c-ncap-a-scam/

we are more than willing to hear your own experience when you crash against a concrete wall at 50kmph after (if ever) you buy your awesome donkey?

C-NCAP uses economical materials for the obstacles, such as cardboards and plastics. That’s why this DFCC is having 5 stars. When you run a proper euro or jap car through the course, the C-NCAP facility can be awarded 1 or 2 stars, not the car:sport-smiley-004:

Edited by alpha17
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Roshan321 said:

What did I tell you about the comment format? It's exactly the same. Gotta link that youtube video somehow, cause that makes everything better.

@iRage Please don't close this thread, let this be an eternal monument to all the guerrilla marketers that sweep these threads day and night, sleepless and hopeless, the watchful eyes that prey on the feeble and mock those who show a smidgen of common sense, we are witnessing the history being written.  

Keep it civilized and on point and I am certain non of the mods will lock this (even if it does get locked people still can see it but just be closed for commenting). 

I hope people will keep this civilized so that it wont get locked and someday, someone can make a valuable contribution on the topic.

Why people like you try to avoid such an informative conversation on minute reasons. Some people may join with marketing intentions. Let them forward their views. Intelligent people can comment with valid reasons. Then the viewers become knowledgeable and more balanced. Be aware there are more viewers than members in these type of blogs. Therefore please continue your dialog. It will helpful to all of us.

• Like 1

On a different note, a famous cab company uses BYD electric suv's in their fleet.  once i been in a one for a short trip and the ride was not half bad. And it has done well over 100K + KMS at the moment.  Didnt had any time to see all interior bits and fit and finish as it was at night.  Any one else has been on one here.  

BYD has some impressive line of electric motors as i have seen on Yo*Tu**.   So China does experiment on never technology. But those models are on a different price bracket. 

Like I mentioned once before on this thread, in order for this thread to remain on topic and civilised, we need to stop behaving like children. Name-calling and insults are not the way to having a good discussion. It's easy for people to be rude and obnoxious behind the anonymity of their keyboard, but remember, we are all adults and most of us are passionate about cars, So let's start with some respect to other members shall we?

@Roshan321, I've said this to you once, but doesn't seem to have sunk in, so let me reiterate. Sharing YouTube videos that no one understands as a response to every comment you are up against is ridiculous. Share your original thoughts about the vehicle without spamming the thread with unnecessary posts. 

Other members, we are going overboard with the insults here, so please... keep it down. 

Moderators will not hesitate to remove posts that add no value to the discussion. 

• Like 2