• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Urgent: Mini Wanted

madmax

Hi guys,

I'm on the lookout for a Mini, that's being restored to perfect condtion, or one that's been brought down in the 90s. If anyone of you know about any good Minis for sale please reply...

:) Thanks!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gave up on the off-roader huh...

OT: did you get rid of the SiR?

Yep Sold the SiR, looked for offroaders all over - couldn't find anything decent within the budget.. Then all in a sudden I thought I'll get a mini for City running....

Yep Sold the SiR, looked for offroaders all over - couldn't find anything decent within the budget.. Then all in a sudden I thought I'll get a mini for City running....

good going man.. who was the lucky buyer if you dont mind me asking?

good going man.. who was the lucky buyer if you dont mind me asking?

No Longer in Colombo...:) A friend from Kandy bought it...

just be careful when buying the mini. my friend purchased one for 7 or 800K and it turned out to be having false plates. He sold it back to the guy for the same price..

Most of the good condition Minis ARE like that... Only thing is that some are running on books that are not even from a Mini...

Most of the minis have been restored with 1990s bodys running on Old books... nothing to worry as they are perfectly legal if the book is orginal mini.... and the tags are in- place

The perfect guy would be miniace...Here is his address m**********@***.com

Hey hey man, follow some ethics here. Don't give out other ppls email addresses on public forums like that.

(And if he posted it on ur Negombo thread, u shoulda put a link back to that thread)

Edited by Pericles

Most of the minis have been restored with 1990s bodys running on Old books... nothing to worry as they are perfectly legal if the book is orginal mini.... and the tags are in- place

double check on this coz from my understanding, it's not as straightforward as that. if you restore it with newer bodies/chassis. the documentation has to match. the last part is very rarely done here. my friends car was impounded at the cop shop for checking. that's when he knew the papers were not in order.

Hi Guys,

Just to add my two cents.

Unlike most of the jap cars around, it is not dangerous to butt a mini provided,

a) If it is done right with the side valances made of single piece metal

:) because the mini doesn't have a single chassis but rather is made up of two sub frames. So there are no major structural weaknesses

I had an older mini and despite putting in the three meter dash / interior / disk brakes / new 1000 engine felt the lack of an ac pretty heavily. The fix was to put on a jap mini front onto the old car.

The restore was done by a friend (who had restored classic cars before) and took a whole year to complete, but it was done with a fair amount of attention to detail.

The end result was pretty satisfying and the overall cost didn't break the bank.

Currently am running on the mini auto box (with the manual in storage) and I must say it isn't all that bad. Its a weird british autobox that like the manual minis shares the engine oil to run (no seperate atf required). It has no p and its a 4 speed auto box with selectable 1,2,3 & D. The pickup is decent and is ideal to zing around colombo with minimum effort.

For those of you who are interested in this kind of thing there are a few photos of the restore posted at

Mini Restore

Cheers,

Dv.

Hey guys,

anybody know where I can find a decent mini with a good body for bout 4lakhs... I'm financing it entirely myself.... I don mind the interior condition, i jus want a solid body...

Thanks...

Hey guys,

anybody know where I can find a decent mini with a good body for bout 4lakhs... I'm financing it entirely myself.... I don mind the interior condition, i jus want a solid body...

Thanks...

That one is just FULL of double entendres :ninja:

Gee.. Thanks for the help... Jus wanted a bit of help that's it... I can't afford a flashy car because I wanna do it without my parents help but that doesn't mean you should mock me... :ninja:

Gee.. Thanks for the help... Jus wanted a bit of help that's it... I can't afford a flashy car because I wanna do it without my parents help but that doesn't mean you should mock me... :)

Dude, wasn't mocking you. I love minis. Heck I wanted a mini myself at one time. (Now listen to the sniggers emanating from the regulars imagining me in a mini.)

I meant ur post had a lotta double meanings. Read it again. Give it a vulgar frame of mind. Lets see if ur as corrupted as me :D

Hi,

I was on a Mini hunt a few weeks back. Gave up the idea after realizing that i will have to spend most of my week ends in a garage. Let me tell you about the once I saw, and I think most are still on sale.

There was a 5 SRi at Kohuwela. It was pretty ok from outside, but interior was pretty bad. What's more I could'nt find the fourth or the reverse gears. Saw this put on a car sale down kohuwela road a week ago. So i guess it's still there.

There was a nice 11 SRI in a car sale down Kohuwela road. It was a black, with nice interior with AC. Engine was pretty good too. But he wanted 950,000 for it!

There was another in Narahenpita. It was a 7 SRI. Said it had AC but it wasnt working. Did'nt have brakes either. But it was a pretty smooth ride. It was around 5.75. I think out of the lot it was the best. considering the price and condition of the car.

Heard about few others for around 5-6 lakhs. But did'nt proceed as I had given up the idea about a Mini by then. Heard about a pretty modified one with several engine mods as well for about 7 lakhs.

Happy hunting!

I will not comment on this one.. i'm going to leave it to the others...

well... maybe if he got a High Roof Mini...

Hi,

I was on a Mini hunt a few weeks back. Gave up the idea after realizing that i will have to spend most of my week ends in a garage. Let me tell you about the once I saw, and I think most are still on sale.

There was a 5 SRi at Kohuwela. It was pretty ok from outside, but interior was pretty bad. What's more I could'nt find the fourth or the reverse gears. Saw this put on a car sale down kohuwela road a week ago. So i guess it's still there.

There was a nice 11 SRI in a car sale down Kohuwela road. It was a black, with nice interior with AC. Engine was pretty good too. But he wanted 950,000 for it!

There was another in Narahenpita. It was a 7 SRI. Said it had AC but it wasnt working. Did'nt have brakes either. But it was a pretty smooth ride. It was around 5.75. I think out of the lot it was the best. considering the price and condition of the car.

Heard about few others for around 5-6 lakhs. But did'nt proceed as I had given up the idea about a Mini by then. Heard about a pretty modified one with several engine mods as well for about 7 lakhs.

Happy hunting!

I too saw this 11 sri.. which was in topping condition though... I went there to check out the white civic he was selling... the guy wanted 15.75 for a Eg8 fully loaded though...

Hi,

Happy hunting!

If anyone's interested I know of clubman that will go on sale in a few weeks.. Will try and up it on AL. Its needs a LOT of work to be done on it though.. should go for about 3-4

well... maybe if he got a High Roof Mini...

I too saw this 11 sri.. which was in topping condition though... I went there to check out the white civic he was selling... the guy wanted 15.75 for a Eg8 fully loaded though...

i see this mini every day its just oppersite my lane,

can get that for 8.5 if any one is interested ( the guy who made this car said can get for 8 ) , since checked about this mini, it had been in kandy before & done up at sa***s , embuldeniya according to the mechanic need to spend about 20,000/= as some noise is coming from thefront left

i'm also a mini hunter

too bad my budget is less than 5.5 lakhs