• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Hilux SSRX V8 conversion

Pasanw

You are likely to lose a lot of money in doing a petrol conversion in this country, if that is no concern, it would be a fun project

again it would be the v6 offered in the tundra or 4runner

1gr 2gr engines etc

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pasanw said:

Anybody knows anyplace that i can do V8 swap for Hilux LN107 in Sri Lanka?

Thank you in advance.

I’m not sure why you are planning to do v8 swap? Is it because you want more power?

Just my thought. If you want a faster vehicle better to look for a car.

If you try to put a bigger engine on hilux you will get much lesser fuel range. If you are off-roading you don’t need v8 power to go over obstacles. Better invest in tires and protection for off-road.

Also remember that Hilux is an independent front axle vehicle, so do not put lot of stress on the front axle as it might damage. Solid axles can get bit more abuse but don’t do too much with ifs vehicles.

Im not an expert but just sharing what I learned from online search and YouTube so that I wouldn’t damage my vehicle.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, kush said:

107 has two live axels if I remember correct

Checked few pics and yes, looks like they have solid axle front and rear. I guess that’s great news for getting a good suspension upgrade rather than engine swap.

I wish Toyota kept solid axles for all body on frame vehicles ??

It’s not just the engine swap mate...You have to change your gearbox too. The V8 engine is much larger and heavier than the diesel engine. The engine you might be planning to install should be the 1VD-FTV diesel which came with the Land Cruiser 200 Series(Sahara as they call it). It weighs nearly 390kg and the hilux might came with a 2l or 3l(correct me if I’m wrong)engine which weighs under 200kg. That’s nearly twice the weight of the engine. So the front end will dive down. Also the chassis are not made to carry that much of weight in the front.There are mechanics who can make this a reality, but in SL they are rare.

Most of all, the purpose you really want is to go faster while listening to that v8 growl, but with a vehicle like that you won’t be able to do so due to imbalance.If you really want more power try to do some modding to the current engine. Add a turbo if available. Make necessary tweaks required for performance and you’ll be able to smoke 80% drivers in roads. If you really need a swap look out for the v6 version which is a petrol.Hope this helps

I have seen people fitting a 2uz 4700cc V8 petrol engine on hilux. Check youtube. I have a 2uz  on my cruiser. They are good engines but slow on a 3ton cruiser. You can even super charge 2uz with toyota factory supercharger.Never heard or seen this been superchrged in Sri Lanka but they do it in Aus and US. Hilux diff will be able to handle extra 200Kgs as they are rated for 350KGs in the back right? As alpha said above it will be front heavy..  2UZ or 1UZ with supercharger will be a nice fit. I have seen a 2UZ on ###### while back for Rs500,000 with gearbox and all wiring.. Have fun.