• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Peugeot D8, 406, 407

Sevan star

Hi fred...

i m planning to buy one of following car.

Please help me to know about peugeot  406, 407 made in 1998,99 or car is a good car? What is the best car of them.There fuel consumption, compatability, noise, market price, reselling ability, parts availability. Technition availabilility and control ability.

Pls help me

Thanks all.

407 was made after 2004 or so. 406 and 407 are different cars from two eras 407 being the newer model. If you don’t have any experience with these vehicles I strongly advise you to do a proper search and speak to people who owns them and then make a decision to inspect. 

Fuel consumption is a bit on the high side but for a heavy comfortable car it’s not bad. 

Compatibility ? Don’t know what you mean 

noise ? Again not sure what you mean

market price : do some research on the Sunday papers and online adds , you will get an idea on average asking prices

reselling ability : depends , sometimes you might have to wait for months , sometimes a week losing a little bit on your investment 

parts availability : 406 and 407 have plenty of parts if you know the correct places albeit prices being a little expensive 

repair shops : yes there are quite a few specialized workshops for Peugeot’s 

Control ability : I hope you mean if the car has good control on the road then yes they feel planted to the road and handles reasonably well. 

Edited by TheFlyingFox

I you live around Colombo then spares would be not much of a problem, although they are a bit expensive. But they are real head turners. Try to get a 407 as it looks really awesome. I’ve heard in some reviews that the road noise levels are a bit high. Contact the member “tilvin”. He owns a Peugeot.

Edited by alpha17