• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Vibrating rear windscreen after the replcement

Ramaajith

Recently I met with an accident and I had to replace rear windscreen of my Honda Fit GP4.  I handed over the car to Mag C#ty and asked them to handle insurance and everything coz of my busy schedule.

They have replaced a duplicate Malaysian windscreen instead of my original Honda one without informing me. And also there was no transparency of the process at all . However, after replacing to a duplicate one vibration noise coming from the rear windscreen when I drive on broken roads. Mag C#ty guys are not accepting this and they are arguing that noise coming from somewhere else. But I pretty sure that's coming from the back door.   Can this happen technically? Has anyone experienced this before? 

Sorry to hear about the accident. 

The first thing you did wrong is take your car to Mag C#ty. So many horror stories have been shared on the forum about that place and how they bad their work is and how they scam their customers. 

As for the noise, unless the windscreen was not properly bonded to the tailgate, I don't see how it can vibrate. Maybe your tailgate and/or bumper were damaged during the accident and causing a panel or two to rattle and vibrate. Take it to a different garage or inspect the car yourself by gently tapping that area of the car with your fist. Inspecting the undercarriage and the spare wheel compartment for loose or broken parts might be a good idea. There could be broken glass that's rattling around. 

Sometimes the rear buffer can make the sound, as I remeber I also had to face the same thing. Due to day to day driving the buffer had some scratch marks and got it painted. But after that I experienced a vibrating sound when travelling on bad roads.When I checked, the nuts were not tightened enough. Took it to a garage and tightened the screws of the buffer and never heard that again.

Usually a windscreen cannot vibrate as it is fixed using gum. Check using water (use a bucket and spill) whether there are any leaks.

Edited by alpha17

On 3/6/2019 at 2:25 AM, Davy said:

Sorry to hear about the accident. 

The first thing you did wrong is take your car to Mag C#ty. So many horror stories have been shared on the forum about that place and how they bad their work is and how they scam their customers. 

As for the noise, unless the windscreen was not properly bonded to the tailgate, I don't see how it can vibrate. Maybe your tailgate and/or bumper were damaged during the accident and causing a panel or two to rattle and vibrate. Take it to a different garage or inspect the car yourself by gently tapping that area of the car with your fist. Inspecting the undercarriage and the spare wheel compartment for loose or broken parts might be a good idea. There could be broken glass that's rattling around. 

Hi Davy, Thanks for valuable ideas.Nothing happened to bumper in that accident only the glass was broken by hitting with tree branch.   You are correct there were horrible experiences behind my incident as well 

Edited by Ramaajith

14 hours ago, alpha17 said:

Sometimes the rear buffer can make the sound, as I remeber I also had to face the same thing. Due to day to day driving the buffer had some scratch marks and got it painted. But after that I experienced a vibrating sound when travelling on bad roads.When I checked, the nuts were not tightened enough. Took it to a garage and tightened the screws of the buffer and never heard that again.

Usually a windscreen cannot vibrate as it is fixed using gum. Check using water (use a bucket and spill) whether there are any leaks.

Thanks for the reply. I can make sure that nothing happened to the bumper 

If there's a third brake light or rear wiper, they would have had to take them out to install the new windscreen. Maybe they have not properly secured one of these or something inside the tailgate. Take the upholstery out and check. 

Usually inside the door upholstery where the window gets in,  has some nuts n bolts to keep the stuff connected. What happens is when u take out the window for a repair, these nuts might get lose due to taking out the damaged window and once the new one is replaced the mech may have forgotten to tighten  the screws.. This can giv a vibrating noise from the windows.

you have to open the replaced window's upholstery and see whether any untightened screws causing this noise.