• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota aqua 2014/15 or Honda Fit GP5

naavislade

Question

Thinking about to buying an aqua or fit manufactured in 2013/14/15.My budget is around 3.5 Mn.Need to know the fuel consumption,maintenance costs,ground clearance and which has the better cargo volume. Also need to aware about documents/cetificates that need to consider when buying a used car(Ex:-Auction report,JAAI)

Edited by naavislade

3 hours ago, Sampath44 said:

May I know the reason for not recommending a hybrid for less than 1000kms per month?

Also does a Vitz is very similar to a non-hybrid aqua? comfort, interior, build quality etc.

I am just asking because I am also thinking whether to buy a used aqua or Vits currently :)

Agree with what matroska said. As I know, the hybrid battery of the Aqua will last around 5 years. The lesser you use, faster the battery deteriorate. A hybrid battery requires to be charged and used everyday, otherwise the cells get damaged.

The main reason to go for a hybrid is the economical benifits. I did a basic calculation explaining how many kms are required to cover the battery cost of a hybrid. Basically you need to save Rs.300,000 to regain what you paid for the battery (assumimg that you replaced a “brand new” battery just after buying the car and I’m being really optimistic that you can get a brandnew battery for 300,000?) So you need to save atleast Rs.5000 per month. Now lets assume that Aqua has 18kmpl average monthly economy and Vitz has 14kmpl average. When we calculate the cost per 1km: Aqua-7.167 Vitz-9.9. So let’s round up as Aqua Rs.7 and Vitz Rs.10 per km. By using an Aqua, you’ll be able to save Rs. 3000 per month and Rs.180,000 for 5 years. But to be on the safe side you must do atleast 2000kms to cover up the battery cost. Then the hybrid depreciation is likely to scrap away about 500,000-600,000 after 5 years. Think how much you will loose.

Anyway those figures are not accurate, but a bit closer. It explains that going for a hybrid for economical benifits is not benificial at all. I mean only for economical benifits?

On 4/7/2019 at 4:41 PM, Asanga13665 said:

Please what about Yaris 1.3, , performance and maintaining cost. what is the better option Yaris , Vitz or Aqua, 

Hi...

A few notes

1. Please do not spam the forum. If you go paste the same message on every single thread and reply to every single post that has anything to do with the car you are looking at..you are going to get lesser serious responses.

2. It is sad that you think the 130 series Vitz is worst than the 90 series Vitz just because it doesn't have things like cup holders....The P130 has a stiffer suspension which makes the ride and handling a tad better than the 90 series Vitz (in fact the 130 series'standard suspension has a lot that was borrowed from the RS variant of the 90 series Vitz). The 130 series has stiffer seats (in fact most new cars do) and the various grades were spec'd more simpler than the the 90 series so that it fits a wider budget range for people.

The biggest positive about the new Vitz is that it has far more safer than the 90 series Vitz....so stating the old Vitz is better than the new Vitz because it has lesser cup holders is..well....you figure out what you can call that :) 

However, the 130 series Vitz is nearly 9 years old..compared to newer model hatchbacks in its category....it has lesser sound insulation and lesser technologies...

You stating that the new 1000cc Vitz is slower and less powerful does not have much bearing...both the previous model and the current model share the same 1KR engine. the newer model has some additional tuning done up for it to be more efficient with heat dissipation and more eco-friendly. The old 1KR has about 68hp and the new one has about 66 hp...however the older one was about 990kg and the current one is about 970ish...so the power to weight ration pretty much matches up. I have driven the 1000cc, 1300cc and 1500cc Vitz...they all have been reasonably peppy...granted the 1000cc yells a lot. 

3. What do you mean by Yaris ? Yaris is the same as the Vitz.  Yaris is the export model name of the Vitz. the only time it is not the same car is in regards to the South East Asian Yaris which can be a sedan or, as it currently is, a completely different mid size hatch version of the Yaris sedan.

• Thanks 1

Overall The aqua is more fuel efficient by a good margin. It also has a very reliable Powertrain. It however has below average ground clearance. It’s not bad to drive but the Fit is in a different league. 

The Fit has more value for what you pay, the interior looks better, materials feel better , seats are more supportive , has better ground clearance ,depending on the model you do get things like cruise control. It is a lot faster and more engaging to drive , it is however less fuel efficient and in the SL climate the DCT gearbox clutch can give trouble (discussed over the forum) 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, naavislade said:

Need to know the fuel consumption,maintenance costs,ground clearance and which has the better cargo volume.

Fuel Consumption : Aqua (less fuel consumed) .

Maintenance Costs : No big difference 

Ground Clearance : Fit 

Better Cargo Volume : Fit.

Known Issues : Aqua -> Batteries going kaput. Fit-> Surprisingly I have not yet heard GP5 batteries going Kaput as commonly as Aqua but the DCT issue is of course there. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TheFlyingFox said:

Overall The aqua is more fuel efficient by a good margin. It also has a very reliable Powertrain. It however has below average ground clearance. It’s not bad to drive but the Fit is in a different league. 

The Fit has more value for what you pay, the interior looks better, materials feel better , seats are more supportive , has better ground clearance ,depending on the model you do get things like cruise control. It is a lot faster and more engaging to drive , it is however less fuel efficient and in the SL climate the DCT gearbox clutch can give trouble (discussed over the forum) 

Thank you brother...,

What things should i consider when buying a fitGP5..DCT issue is the only thing bother me to go for FIT?

8 hours ago, matroska said:

Fuel Consumption : Aqua (less fuel consumed) .

Maintenance Costs : No big difference 

Ground Clearance : Fit 

Better Cargo Volume : Fit.

Known Issues : Aqua -> Batteries going kaput. Fit-> Surprisingly I have not yet heard GP5 batteries going Kaput as commonly as Aqua but the DCT issue is of course there. 

Thank you bro..

A close friend of mine had to replace his personally imported Aqua’s battery at 73000km(this story have been mentioned for over 6-7 times?).Costed 300,000 for a reconditioned one.

For the DCT clutch replacement, it cost about 200,000 according to a friend who did the replacement to his Vezel. If you can do some research and contact few places you can get it done for less than 200,000. Just like Matroska said I’m yet to hear about the Vezel,Grace or Fit battery went kaput. Among the two, I would go with the GP5 without thinking twice due to sporty drive, space, looks and material quality.

But If you are doing less than atleast 1000kms per month, there is no point of going for a hybrid. Or else buy an Unreg Vitz and drive it happily for 2-3 years (5+ years can be done without an issue) and get a better one after.

Edited by alpha17
  • Like 1

On 3/6/2019 at 12:21 AM, alpha17 said:

A close friend of mine had to replace his personally imported Aqua’s battery at 73000km(this story have been mentioned for over 6-7 times?).Costed 300,000 for a reconditioned one.

For the DCT clutch replacement, it cost about 200,000 according to a friend who did the replacement to his Vezel. If you can do some research and contact few places you can get it done for less than 200,000. Just like Matroska said I’m yet to hear about the Vezel,Grace or Fit battery went kaput. Among the two, I would go with the GP5 without thinking twice due to sporty drive, space, looks and material quality.

But If you are doing less than atleast 1000kms per month, there is no point of going for a hybrid. Or else buy an Unreg Vitz and drive it happily for 2-3 years (5+ years can be done without an issue) and get a better one after.

Thank you bro ...very helpful?

• Like 1

On 3/6/2019 at 12:21 AM, alpha17 said:

May I know the reason for not recommending a hybrid for less than 1000kms per month?

Also does a Vitz is very similar to a non-hybrid aqua? comfort, interior, build quality etc.

I am just asking because I am also thinking whether to buy a used aqua or Vits currently :)

Edited by Sampath44

1 hour ago, Sampath44 said:

Less than 1000kms means you won't be burning a lot of fuel even in a vitz  hence the hybrids fuel savingness won't outweigh maintenance costs etc. 

Build quality of Vitz is below aqua easily and waaaay below gp5.  The aqua is also comfier. Same applies to all the features that you get. The vitz is as basic as they come. 

Edited by matroska

10 hours ago, alpha17 said:

Agree with what matroska said. As I know, the hybrid battery of the Aqua will last around 5 years. The lesser you use, faster the battery deteriorate. A hybrid battery requires to be charged and used everyday, otherwise the cells get damaged.

The main reason to go for a hybrid is the economical benifits. I did a basic calculation explaining how many kms are required to cover the battery cost of a hybrid. Basically you need to save Rs.300,000 to regain what you paid for the battery (assumimg that you replaced a “brand new” battery just after buying the car and I’m being really optimistic that you can get a brandnew battery for 300,000?) So you need to save atleast Rs.5000 per month. Now lets assume that Aqua has 18kmpl average monthly economy and Vitz has 14kmpl average. When we calculate the cost per 1km: Aqua-7.167 Vitz-9.9. So let’s round up as Aqua Rs.7 and Vitz Rs.10 per km. By using an Aqua, you’ll be able to save Rs. 3000 per month and Rs.180,000 for 5 years. But to be on the safe side you must do atleast 2000kms to cover up the battery cost. Then the hybrid depreciation is likely to scrap away about 500,000-600,000 after 5 years. Think how much you will loose.

Anyway those figures are not accurate, but a bit closer. It explains that going for a hybrid for economical benifits is not benificial at all. I mean only for economical benifits?

Even if i do 2000 km per month..how will be the maintenance costs(service)

Generally after a every 5000km needs basic service..how much does it costs in hybrids??like aqua/GP5

Done some background study but have no experience in any hybrid car?

On the other hand..i have heard no battry issues of fits..but there are some services need to be done such as.DCT oil,clutch oil after a standard millage..

Another thing i would like to know is..

Is there any differnce in GP5 S grade engine with other GP5.. GP5 S comes with sport mood and paddle shift. When sport mood on with paddle shifts it becomes fully petrol functioned vehicle.So is it possible in outstations and highways perform better in fuel consumption?

One last Q

Is it better to buy GP5 after YOM 2014.How do I make sure the one im going to buy will not affect with DCT replacement

2 hours ago, naavislade said:

Even if i do 2000 km per month..how will be the maintenance costs(service)

Generally after a every 5000km needs basic service..how much does it costs in hybrids??like aqua/GP5

Done some background study but have no experience in any hybrid car?

On the other hand..i have heard no battry issues of fits..but there are some services need to be done such as.DCT oil,clutch oil after a standard millage..

Another thing i would like to know is..

Is there any differnce in GP5 S grade engine with other GP5.. GP5 S comes with sport mood and paddle shift. When sport mood on with paddle shifts it becomes fully petrol functioned vehicle.So is it possible in outstations and highways perform better in fuel consumption?

One last Q

Is it better to buy GP5 after YOM 2014.How do I make sure the one im going to buy will not affect with DCT replacement

Aqua will be less costly to maintain. I cannot exactly comment about the battery,  but keep in mind that Aqua batteries have a lifespan around 5 years. Some owners claim that they have done well over 100,000kms without an issue.

When you use the Gp5, the dual clutch oil needs to be changed for every 5000km or atleast 10,000 kms. It costs around rs.3000-4000(correct me if I’m wrong). Make sure to put it into S gear while in traffic and try your best to avoid traffic conditons. Also be gentle with the accelerator. The gp5 has a much more complex but clever gearbox system. There is a video on youtube. Search it as “Honda earth dreams hybrid”. The video demonstrates how the system works. The system has more wear and tear when compared with a normal autobox or a CVT. But the system is really a joy to drive. I have to say that gp1 is one of my favourite cars to drive. As I know the insuarance costs are a bit higher. I’m also yet to hear about a battery issue on the newer honda hybrids. But sooner or later it will arrive. By the being of time, those clutch replacements and battery replacements will likely to reduce costs since there are a huge number of cars in SL. I know a person who owns both a Grace and a GP5(which was purchased few weeks ago). He’s pretty satisfied with them. He does closer to 30,000kms per year, so hybrid is benificial for him. He imports zero mileage cars and use them for about 5years and then sell them without battery replacements. His Grace might be now closer to 80,000km.

You cannot be asured that your DCT won’t give a trouble.Best thing is to set aside around rs.200,000 when buying a car for the running repairs. Don’t be hesitated to go for a GP5. Even those Allion/Premios have high cost replacements too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, alpha17 said:

Aqua will be less costly to maintain. I cannot exactly comment about the battery,  but keep in mind that Aqua batteries have a lifespan around 5 years. Some owners claim that they have done well over 100,000kms without an issue.

When you use the Gp5, the dual clutch oil needs to be changed for every 5000km or atleast 10,000 kms. It costs around rs.3000-4000(correct me if I’m wrong). Make sure to put it into S gear while in traffic and try your best to avoid traffic conditons. Also be gentle with the accelerator. The gp5 has a much more complex but clever gearbox system. There is a video on youtube. Search it as “Honda earth dreams hybrid”. The video demonstrates how the system works. The system has more wear and tear when compared with a normal autobox or a CVT. But the system is really a joy to drive. I have to say that gp1 is one of my favourite cars to drive. As I know the insuarance costs are a bit higher. I’m also yet to hear about a battery issue on the newer honda hybrids. But sooner or later it will arrive. By the being of time, those clutch replacements and battery replacements will likely to reduce costs since there are a huge number of cars in SL. I know a person who owns both a Grace and a GP5(which was purchased few weeks ago). He’s pretty satisfied with them. He does closer to 30,000kms per year, so hybrid is benificial for him. He imports zero mileage cars and use them for about 5years and then sell them without battery replacements. His Grace might be now closer to 80,000km.

You cannot be asured that your DCT won’t give a trouble.Best thing is to set aside around rs.200,000 when buying a car for the running repairs. Don’t be hesitated to go for a GP5. Even those Allion/Premios have high cost replacements too.

Highly appreciated brother❤...

If I dont do 1000kms+ for a month..is it wise to go for axio non hybrid like..161 2012/13

Edited by naavislade

4 hours ago, naavislade said:

Highly appreciated brother❤...

If I dont do 1000kms+ for month..is it wise to go for axio non hybrid like..161 2012/13

Axio non-hybrid is really good. It comfy with a proven reliable powertrain. For me it’s miles ahead than the hybrid variant. Also consider the 141 2011-2012 model. Most of them are imported for permits and maintained from Toyota lanka due to warranties. It has a further more reliable and simple powertrain than the 161 variant. The car is a bit bigger and really looks better than the 161(for me). Since it’s specifically manufactured for Sri Lankan conditions and therefore the suspension components are likely to last more than the jdm versions.

Also you can go for an 2010-2012 Allion within that price range, but remember that most of them have been abused. Still you’ll be able to find a good one with records. Those are not meant to be nimble as the gp5 ,but are much more comfortable and spacious.

Also there is the new Suzuki Swift RS, but the price may have gotten really high due to the budget.

I’m a Toyota fan, but I’m unbiased when suggesting cars to the others. A poorly maintained Allion/Premio can cause you more problems than a GP5, so whatever you buy, make sure it’s properly maintained and well taken care of. Make sure that the car has not met with a major accident. But repainted buffers, fenders are nothing to worry about(caused by small accidents such as scratches and dents). I also went for hunting few months ago and if you need any information feel free to PM

Edited by alpha17
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, alpha17 said:

Axio non-hybrid is really good. It comfy with a proven reliable powertrain. For me it’s miles ahead than the hybrid variant. Also consider the 141 2011-2012 model. Most of them are imported for permits and maintained from Toyota lanka due to warranties. It has a further more reliable and simple powertrain than the 161 variant. The car is a bit bigger and really looks better than the 161(for me). Since it’s specifically manufactured for Sri Lankan conditions and therefore the suspension components are likely to last more than the jdm versions.

Also you can go for an 2010-2012 Allion within that price range, but remember that most of them have been abused. Still you’ll be able to find a good one with records. Those are not meant to be nimble as the gp5 ,but are much more comfortable and spacious.

Also there is the new Suzuki Swift RS, but the price may have gotten really high due to the budget.

I’m a Toyota fan, but I’m unbiased when suggesting cars to the others. A poorly maintained Allion/Premio can cause you more problems than a GP5, so whatever you buy, make sure it’s properly maintained and well taken care of. Make sure that the car has not met with a major accident. But repainted buffers, fenders are nothing to worry about(caused by small accidents such as scratches and dents). I also went for hunting few months ago and if you need any information feel free to PM

Really really helpful....❤

I ll PM you if i had further more questions brother..

Keep going?

Advices are priceless

22 hours ago, naavislade said:

Is there any differnce in GP5 S grade engine with other GP5.. GP5 S comes with sport mood and paddle shift.

I think there is no difference in the engine. Purely differences in accessories such as paddle shift etc. and cosmetic changes. 

For instance the L Grade comes with cruise control, some safety features, a more plusher steering wheel (and led lights?-not sure tho) 

The S has all that and fog lights, better seats, larger spoiler if im not mistaken, a more stylized rear bumper, paddle shift and fancy break and acceleration paddles. 

The F grade is the base grade. 

22 hours ago, naavislade said:

How do I make sure the one im going to buy will not affect with DCT replacement

unlike the Gp1 oil burning issue which is in fact a manufacturing defect which affects only  range of particular vehicles, the DCT issue is not a defect - it's just that it wasn't designed to operate in Sri Lanka's harsh driving conditions. See there might be a GP5 in some outstation where the driver only drives on a long open road and never in traffic that might have no DCT issues so it's more like a lottery (having said that buying a used car is anyway a bit of a lottery ? )

19 hours ago, naavislade said:

is it wise to go for axio non hybrid like..161

most of the 161's were bought on permit and are still with their first users and usually well maintained - it's not a 'fast moving' car so less chance of it being traded among 47 owners on open books . A good friends father had such a 161 very well maintained and at 100,000 Km's car was in pristine condition - sold it last year since his new permit came. Decent car for that budget. 

On 3/10/2019 at 8:08 PM, Sampath44 said:

Dear friend, Currently i have Vitz 1.3 ( 2010) i decided to go for aqua ( used ) G or x Urben, my monthly consumption is 600-800 Km , Please can you give a better option . New Vitz is not much finished and not more comfirtable also . further 1000 CC engine is not much power.

On 3/11/2019 at 3:02 PM, alpha17 said:

Dear friend, Currently i have Vitz 1.3 ( 2010) i decided to go for aqua ( used ) G or x Urben, my monthly consumption is 600-800 Km , Please can you give a better option . New Vitz is not much finished and not more comfirtable also . further 1000 CC engine is not much power.

On 3/10/2019 at 9:52 PM, matroska said:

Less than 1000kms means you won't be burning a lot of fuel even in a vitz  hence the hybrids fuel savingness won't outweigh maintenance costs etc. 

Build quality of Vitz is below aqua easily and waaaay below gp5.  The aqua is also comfier. Same applies to all the features that you get. The vitz is as basic as they come. 

Dear Friends, Comparing previous Vitz and Aqua, New Vitz is very low comfirt , seats  and holders , specially front seats , and back passengerr seats, not bottle holders or cup holders back side doors , 

2 hours ago, iRage said:

Hi...

A few notes

1. Please do not spam the forum. If you go paste the same message on every single thread and reply to every single post that has anything to do with the car you are looking at..you are going to get lesser serious responses.

2. It is sad that you think the 130 series Vitz is worst than the 90 series Vitz just because it doesn't have things like cup holders....The P130 has a stiffer suspension which makes the ride and handling a tad better than the 90 series Vitz (in fact the 130 series'standard suspension has a lot that was borrowed from the RS variant of the 90 series Vitz). The 130 series has stiffer seats (in fact most new cars do) and the various grades were spec'd more simpler than the the 90 series so that it fits a wider budget range for people.

The biggest positive about the new Vitz is that it has far more safer than the 90 series Vitz....so stating the old Vitz is better than the new Vitz because it has lesser cup holders is..well....you figure out what you can call that :) 

However, the 130 series Vitz is nearly 9 years old..compared to newer model hatchbacks in its category....it has lesser sound insulation and lesser technologies...

You stating that the new 1000cc Vitz is slower and less powerful does not have much bearing...both the previous model and the current model share the same 1KR engine. the newer model has some additional tuning done up for it to be more efficient with heat dissipation and more eco-friendly. The old 1KR has about 68hp and the new one has about 66 hp...however the older one was about 990kg and the current one is about 970ish...so the power to weight ration pretty much matches up. I have driven the 1000cc, 1300cc and 1500cc Vitz...they all have been reasonably peppy...granted the 1000cc yells a lot. 

3. What do you mean by Yaris ? Yaris is the same as the Vitz.  Yaris is the export model name of the Vitz. the only time it is not the same car is in regards to the South East Asian Yaris which can be a sedan or, as it currently is, a completely different mid size hatch version of the Yaris sedan.

Have they sorted the oil burning issue in the ksp 130, I am yet to hear a story from those

On 4/7/2019 at 1:11 PM, Asanga13665 said:

Please what about Yaris 1.3, , performance and maintaining cost. what is the better option Yaris , Vitz or Aqua, 

Yaris is better than the others since it’s a sedan. A bit more comfortable. 1.3 would be sufficient for daily driving. Maintenance wise would be equal to a Vitz, but the vibration is not there as I remember. Better to go for a Belta G with push start and climate control, as they would be slightly more comfier than the Yaris. Performance would be okish with a 1.3l engine for daily driving. Don’t expect it to be as fast a an Aqua(which is not fast at all)