• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Daihatsu Mira 2017 Gear Box Replacement

geek

Hi Guyz, Hope I've selected the correct section to post my thread. 

I have a Daihatsu MIra 2017 New Face version. Yesterday I suddenly hit the vehicle in a bump and damaged the gear box cover. Appreciate if you could let me know a place to buy a new gear box and a place to fix the gear box. 

Thank you in advance guyz.

Regards

geek

02671917-7a35-4f4a-9fa5-ca11e4777e50.jpg

• Like 1

Apart from the damage to the transmission housing, are you experiencing any mechanical issue (shifting issues, shuddering etc.)? If not, you shouldn't replace a 2 year old gearbox just because the housing is chipped off. What I would advise is:

1. Check if there's mechanical damage or fluid leaks. Also check if the wall of the housing is thin to a point where it can give way under pressure. 

2. Look for the possibility of repairing it. There are places that do Aluminium/Alloy welding and fabrication. If you have the chipped off part with you, it'll be easier. This will require taking the transmission out and disassembling it partially. 

3. Try to find just that half of the transmission housing. Probably easier said than done due to the car being new. Maybe the transmission came on other Daihatsus and Toyotas. 

• Thanks 1

What on earth is a 2017 MIra new face version? The Mira did not have any "facelifts" except for changing a light or two.

There is:

1. Mira (L200 series) introduced in 2007 and was on sale till 2018. The car remained the same except for changing headlights and some engine upgrades. The 275 was FF and the 285 was 4WD. There was a variant with a 1L 1KR-FE engine sold as the Charade in some regions.

2. Mira e:S (A300 series) introduced in 2012 (-2017) and sold along side the Mira. The Mira e:S was a sub model of the Mira and was intended to replace the Mira. In 2017 a new Mira e:S model was launched (A350 series). The Mira e:S is also sold as a Toyota (Pixis Epoch) and Subaru Pleo.

3. Then there were other sub models like the Mira Custom and Mira Cocoa.

So what exactly do you have ? My guess is you are talking about the Daihatsu Mira e:S, but which one ? A300 or A350 ?

Either way, all 660cc variants came with KF-VE engine and throughout time it got technical improvements. You should look in to gearboxes of other Daihatsu models that would have the KF engine. However, the KF engine came with a AT and CVT depending on the application (typically the passenger variants came with the CVT and business models with the AT...but later on even some business models came with CVT). So yeah....finding one might not be that easy..but possible. 

But I am with Davy on this. If the mechanicals are in tact and there is no fluid leakage....why not try to get it fixed ?

• Thanks 1

On 3/5/2019 at 3:27 AM, Davy said:

Apart from the damage to the transmission housing, are you experiencing any mechanical issue (shifting issues, shuddering etc.)? If not, you shouldn't replace a 2 year old gearbox just because the housing is chipped off. What I would advise is:

1. Check if there's mechanical damage or fluid leaks. Also check if the wall of the housing is thin to a point where it can give way under pressure. 

2. Look for the possibility of repairing it. There are places that do Aluminium/Alloy welding and fabrication. If you have the chipped off part with you, it'll be easier. This will require taking the transmission out and disassembling it partially. 

3. Try to find just that half of the transmission housing. Probably easier said than done due to the car being new. Maybe the transmission came on other Daihatsus and Toyotas. 

On 3/5/2019 at 7:12 AM, iRage said:

What on earth is a 2017 MIra new face version? The Mira did not have any "facelifts" except for changing a light or two.

There is:

1. Mira (L200 series) introduced in 2007 and was on sale till 2018. The car remained the same except for changing headlights and some engine upgrades. The 275 was FF and the 285 was 4WD. There was a variant with a 1L 1KR-FE engine sold as the Charade in some regions.

2. Mira e:S (A300 series) introduced in 2012 (-2017) and sold along side the Mira. The Mira e:S was a sub model of the Mira and was intended to replace the Mira. In 2017 a new Mira e:S model was launched (A350 series). The Mira e:S is also sold as a Toyota (Pixis Epoch) and Subaru Pleo.

3. Then there were other sub models like the Mira Custom and Mira Cocoa.

So what exactly do you have ? My guess is you are talking about the Daihatsu Mira e:S, but which one ? A300 or A350 ?

Either way, all 660cc variants came with KF-VE engine and throughout time it got technical improvements. You should look in to gearboxes of other Daihatsu models that would have the KF engine. However, the KF engine came with a AT and CVT depending on the application (typically the passenger variants came with the CVT and business models with the AT...but later on even some business models came with CVT). So yeah....finding one might not be that easy..but possible. 

But I am with Davy on this. If the mechanicals are in tact and there is no fluid leakage....why not try to get it fixed ?

Thank you very much. I am looking for a housing now. That is very much less expensive for me too. 

This model is LA350S and engine is KF-VE. :) 

Thank you again guyz.

This can be fixed in a good lathe mate but you will have to take the housing bit off, looks like you have lost one of the anchoring bolts as well, do not run it till it’s sorted, if you could get a picture from another car, they’ll be able to sort that bit, brass welds might hold., we usually brazing welds to patch damaged sumps.

Edited by tiv
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, tiv said:

This can be fixed in a good lathe mate but you will have to take the housing bit off, looks like you have lost one of the anchoring bolts as well, do not run it till it’s sorted, if you could get a picture from another car, they’ll be able to sort that bit, brass welds might hold., we usually brazing welds to patch damaged sumps.

Thanks brother, I thought of changing the housing as this connects to the mounting and it has to withstand stresses and fatigue. :( 
I have the anchoring bolt. :) 

Edited by geek

7 hours ago, geek said:

Does anybody know a good place where I would be able to buy a housing for the gear box. :)

Model
A350 
Gear Box : KF-VE

Uhh....KF-VE is the engine model. Not the gear box. I think the gearbox in the Mira e:S A350 is the 6CA CVT and the automatic/Turbo-charged ones came with a 1AQ transmission

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, geek said:

Does anybody know a good place where I would be able to buy a housing for the gear box. :)

Model
A350 
Gear Box : KF-VE

My point being its going to be hard to find the housing only, these models being a few years old and are rare as complete cars, also it's very unlikely that someone would store a GB housing but would try to launder you a complete gearbox. 

• Thanks 1