• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Allion 240 Slow picking-up

SK_

Question

Hi all,

I recently bought Toyota Allion 240 (2006 make) 1.5cc. ODO says 100k but for sure it has done near 200k. 

I'm experiencing little delay  when overtaking , which the car come to speed little later. Not sure its usual for Allion. However, even with a delay it keeps the power once it comes to a certain speed. Gear shifting runs smoothly (as per my understanding)

Further, not sure I'm feeling the slow pickup because of my previous car, Toyota IST 2003, which is with superb pickup in short. usually I get 200+meter ahead if  I start at a Traffic-light. 

Just wondering whether my car need to go for a check-up.

Value your comments.

3 answers to this question

Do a check-up and you’ll need to do a tune up. Clean the injectors and MAF sensor. Gear changes can be smooth but make sure they shift around 2000 rpm on light footed driving. If not change the transmission fluid also. 

• Like 1