• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

what is the best brand new car under 40 lakhs ?

sujaya

The best brand new car under 40 lakhs  

8 members have voted

1. 1. what is the all around best brand new car under 40 lakhs right now ???

• perodua Axia
    • wagon R stingray
    • KIA picanto
    • Hyundai grand i10

2 hours ago, sujaya said:

can anyone suggest me the best all-around brand new car under 40 lakhs right now?

If it has to be Brand new with agent warranty then you're mostly down to - Axia, WagonR (from A#W) and Kia. The WagonR will provide you more bells and whistles but in the long Run a Picanto with agent warranty and everything will be a solid choice. 

You will struggle to find a good Swift for under 4 mill if you go for Used but unregistered. You can get a decent 2017 Vitz for 4M though. 

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, matroska said:

You will struggle to find a good Swift for under 4 mill if you go for Used but unregistered. You can get a decent 2017 Vitz for 4M though. 

Yes. 

A Baleno is also another option if OP doesn’t mind that it is made in India. 

Ford Fiesta 1L is also a nice car to consider. 

• Thanks 1

A Brand new or Zero mileage WagonR is a good option for you. It has more options than any car metioned here, except for the swift. Some people claim about sensor issues but the car will serve you over 5 years without a major issue. The amount of space inside is really amazing. If you live in a hilly area the power is a bit lacking, but it just goes.

An unreg Vitz as mentioned by members is also a good option and it is the most comfortable car of the list. Then there is the Toyota’s proven reliability. Also due to the crazy Sri Lankan car market it would depriciate less by the time you plan to sell it.

I’m a bit loyal to Toyota, so I would go with the Vitz. If not, WagonR would be my choice. Personally I don’t like korean or indian made cars(pure personal preference?), but they are not that bad as most typical Sri Lankan car buyers say.I know two people who owned 2008 permit imported indian made Maruti Suzuki WagonRs for 10 years without a single mechanical issue. But after 10 years the cars showed their age like a 20+ year old Japanese ride.

• Thanks 1