• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Do dreams come true? = YES (Bought a lancer ex)

K.o.N.o.S

1 hour ago, Hyaenidae said:

like to see a Premio/Axio owner who feels the need to take a picture when he sees there's an another Premio/Axio parked alongside his ride ?

Here’s the difference between us and them..?

9B9E0783-D541-4B41-B70A-B1352CB26960.jpeg

51 minutes ago, K.o.N.o.S said:

Here’s the difference between us and them..?

Ugh, "Pissuwa"!

That word used to be the Sinhala equivalent for enthusiasm but BUS and WAGONR pisso (picco) ruined it. Now "pissa" is the equivalent word for pointless fanboi + darwin award nominee + abuser of real enthusiasts all rolled into one. 

The difference in my opinion lies not between the owners but between the cars. Being a former Vitz owner you'd understand how the Lancer touched that corner of your consciousness which you didn't even knew existed before seeing it and taking it for a spin for the first time :) 

Edited by Hyaenidae

9 hours ago, K.o.N.o.S said:

Something that I am very keen on doing. ?

6th April 2019 - At the movies 

IMG_20190406_142419__01.thumb.jpg.354410f45403ba2a5dc6cc2972b1bd6c.jpg

21st September 2019 - In front of an Auto Spares Shop 

IMG_20190921_165114__01__01.thumb.jpg.e92ce6c426340efb4dc8e5c5c7a09851.jpg

Gotta love the plates of both the cars. I spoke to the owner of the white one too.

Edited by Davy
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Hyaenidae said:

I'd like to see a Premio/Axio owner who feels the need to take a picture when he sees there's an another Premio/Axio parked alongside his ride ?

That has nothing to do with the car but more about the personalities who end up buying the car. People who buy these vehicles are not car people. They are average..day to day people who care nothing but having an economical A to B transport method. Considering the prices they pay in Sri Lanka they also want to make sure they are not at a loss (again..these are normal people...they do not send hours looking and researching and comparing cars...they do not go around test driving different models of cars to see which one has better steering recoil and road feel transfer...even if they did..they would only care about how smooth and soft their asses would be going over humps and if they can steer the hing with their pinky whilst gouging on their breakfast malu paan with the rest of their paws). When car guys do buy cars like this..they do take pics of their rides next to similar rides that are equally special. So it is not the car....but the person.

8 hours ago, Hyaenidae said:

The difference in my opinion lies not between the owners but between the cars. Being a former Vitz owner you'd understand how the Lancer touched that corner of your consciousness which you didn't even knew existed before seeing it and taking it for a spin for the first time :) 

Again...not really....it is still the person...I am yet to see the civil servants who bought the Lancer EX under their permit go around taking pics of their Lancer next to other Lancers. For these people even the Lancer was just a reasonable/viable option for A to B transport. You cannot say that all these government servants were car guys or became car guys because of the car (if that was the case the Lancer would still be on Mitsu's product line up and the model would have been refreshed half a decade ago). Even the maintenance...it most likely was a case of agent support made available. Yes..here were several who actually were passionate about wheels who bought Lancers but they also bought Corollas and Mazda 3s (and when you find these amongst the million other Corollas and Mazda3s you see they too have been taken care of the as well as or even better than the Lancers. 

As car guys..yes we might realize that the Lancer has something more engaging than that of the Premio or Axio...but for most people  (and even us car guys we have to admit) things like interior comfort and even the flashiness of the dash, etc...of a Lancer is quite low in desirability than that of an Allion/Premio.

As for the Vitz...again...it is the type of Vitz you get....1L Vitz is bought by people looking for a cheap ride. They were imported in to the country because it was cheap...it was manufacured by Toyota for cheap use as an entry level hatchback. The more nicer variants (which are barely available) do the same things that the "Lancer boys" claim to do that is unique to them. If you had driven a proper Vitz you would have felt differently about the Vitz you had.  If you drive a stock Impreza or even an Audi then you realize that you have missed a lot by driving a Lancer.

As for the whole pissu term....again..IMO has little to do with the car. Has more to do with the fact that it slowly shifted to refer to ricers irrespective of the car. Even in Lancers....are you really suggesting that the so called "pissuwa" for Lancers with plastic buckets stuck on them is more "posh" than the pissuwa for a Wagon R with neon lights and wide wheels stuck to it ? Lets not even talk abut the Civics and KE72 vans out there.

Edited by iRage
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, iRage said:

That has nothing to do with the car but more about the personalities who end up buying the car.

Eh, maybe. My opinion is based solely on myself. I had a totally different mindset about car ownership back when I owned a Belta. 

1 hour ago, iRage said:

Has more to do with the fact that it slowly shifted to refer to ricers irrespective of the car. Even in Lancers....are you really suggesting that the so called "pissuwa" for Lancers with plastic buckets stuck on them is more "posh" than the pissuwa for a Wagon R with neon lights and wide wheels stuck to it ? Lets not even talk abut the Civics and KE72 vans out there.

Well that was what I meant. Back when blogs like carpissuwa was launched that word was complimentary. Now thanks to buc picco and WagonR picco it is more of an insult.

Edited by Hyaenidae

44 minutes ago, Hyaenidae said:

Eh, maybe. My opinion is based solely on myself. I had a totally different mindset about car ownership back when I owned a Belta. 

A Belta is an entry level car which is purely designed for economical A to B transport. A Mitsubishi Attrage is not much more engaging or interesting than a Belta/Yaris :).What changed in you is that you were a car guy in hiding and you actually enjoyed feeling that connection. My point was that that connection would have come out even if you drove a Fit/Vitz RS or an old Chaser or a 10 light Galant. Heck even a Morris Minor or a mini. So it is not the car...it is the person. A car guy is a car guy no matter what they drive. Saying that a car like a Lancer creates car guys and those with an Allion/Premio is not and would not do things that reflect love for their wheels (or would not even create a car guy) is a bit snotty isn't it ?

What is a car guy ? Are the Lancer boys actually saying that a person who enjoys going on long drives and enjoying the freedom of having wheels and takes care of his/her vehicle is not a car guy ? Because that can be done with any car..even a Maruti Alto. Are we suggesting here that for a car guy to be a true car guy they MUST appreciate driver engagement and firm sporty suspension ? But then who are we to say that a ricer is also not a car guy ? It is a subculture....whether we like it or not. Sorry...it is just that in my book a car guy is someone who truly appreciates cars and what the whole notion of an automobile symbolizes. Even someone who is not afraid to use the car as an extension of their own personality. In fact the "car guys" I find issue with are the ones who just pigeon hole them selves in to what they own and put down everything else....which is exactly what 90% of the Premio/Allion/Axio/WagonR/Civic boys do.

Edited by iRage
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, iRage said:

A Belta is an entry level car which is purely designed for economical A to B transport. A Mitsubishi Attrage is not much more engaging or interesting than a Belta/Yaris :).What changed in you is that you were a car guy in hiding and you actually enjoyed feeling that connection. My point was that that connection would have come out even if you drove a Fit/Vitz RS or an old Chaser or a 10 light Galant. Heck even a Morris Minor or a mini. So it is not the car...it is the person. A car guy is a car guy no matter what they drive. Saying that a car like a Lancer creates car guys and those with an Allion/Premio is not and would not do things that reflect love for their wheels (or would not even create a car guy) is a bit snotty isn't it ?

What is a car guy ? Are the Lancer boys actually saying that a person who enjoys going on long drives and enjoying the freedom of having wheels and takes care of his/her vehicle is not a car guy ? Because that can be done with any car..even a Maruti Alto. Are we suggesting here that for a car guy to be a true car guy they MUST appreciate driver engagement and firm sporty suspension ? But then who are we to say that a ricer is also not a car guy ? It is a subculture....whether we like it or not. Sorry...it is just that in my book a car guy is someone who truly appreciates cars and what the whole notion of an automobile symbolizes. Even someone who is not afraid to use the car as an extension of their own personality. In fact the "car guys" I find issue with are the ones who just pigeon hole them selves in to what they own and put down everything else....which is exactly what 90% of the Premio/Allion/Axio/WagonR/Civic boys do.

@iRage's jimmies are rustled! :D didn't think I'd see the day tbh.

Anyhoo, simmer down, boo. I never said an Alto owner can't be a car guy. Didn't even mean to bring up the age old "what is a car guy?" argument here. OFC a car doesn't make someone a "car guy", however engaging it is to drive. You might be correct when you said I was a car guy in hiding, the fact is the Lancer managed to bring that person out while the Belta did not. That doesn't mean someone who owns a Belta cannot be a car guy - there's only one Hyaenidae after all - just sharing a simple observation and my personal experience with car ownership.

6 hours ago, Davy said:

I spoke to the owner of the white one too.

This is exactly the difference that I was referring to. A true lancer pissa would act like that. Sharing one of my recent personal experiences. A few weeks back I went to trinco and on the way back this beautiful dark grey lancer EX was following me. He was making signals at me and BTW @trinity I thought it was you. Then I let him overtake me. He waved at me while passing and pulled over. I also stopped and he came and spoke with me.He said while he was back he was admiring my EVo X spoiler and wanted to have one for himself as well. Btw his car had lancer GT spoiler attached ( which was pretty kick-ass looking). We spoke for a while and parted our ways. He was a person in his fifties. I do not think an average allion/permio/Axio user would ever do that. Agree with @iRage’s sentiment. It all boils down to the personality and the mindset of the owner, not the car. Then again I guess most of the lancer owners share the same personality traits and qualities. Just saying.?

Edited by K.o.N.o.S
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, K.o.N.o.S said:

It all boils down to the personality and the mindset of the owner, not the car. Then again I guess most of the lancer owners share the same personality traits and qualities. Just saying.?

Please post some more pictures as soon as possible so the thread doesn't go awry ? I really don't want to ruin your thread arguing who or what makes a car guy -_-

Edited by Hyaenidae

16 minutes ago, K.o.N.o.S said:

This is exactly the difference that I was referring to. A true lancer pissa would act like that. Sharing one of my recent personal experiences. A few weeks back I went to trinco and on the way back this beautiful dark grey lancer EX was following me. He was making signals at me and BTW @trinity I thought it was you. Then I let him overtake me. He waved at me while passing and pulled over. I also stopped and he came and spoke with me.He said while he was back he was admiring my EVo X spoiler and wanted to have one for himself as well. Btw his car had lancer GT spoiler attached ( which was pretty kick-ass looking). We spoke for a while and parted our ways. He was a person in his fifties. I do not think an average allion/permio/Axio user would ever do that. Agree with @iRage’s sentiment. It all boils down to the personality and the mindset of the owner, not the car. Then again I guess most of the lancer owners share the same personality traits and qualities. Just saying.?

Exactly...it is the person...an average Axio person would not because that is not what they are looking for from the car. But then there are plenty of Axio owners who have asked other Axio owners about stock spoilers and other TRD bits that they have seen. This also includes Premio owners who have gone on wild goose chases to find a TRD body kit for a Premio only to find out that they neveer made one for the car and it is actually an Allion kit. So cannot generalize it to a car...at the end it is the person. Most of the Allion/Premio/Axio crowd share the same personality traits...so saying one is superior than the other is not very kosher.  It is rather hypocritical that we diss the Allion/Premio for being a 12 year old platform when we were quite happy to accept the Lancer with a 10+ year platform and even the likes of a Pajero which hasn't changed for nearly 20 years.

7 minutes ago, Hyaenidae said:

By "we", you mean yourself.

At the Allion/Premio owners club so the owners get riled up.

Exact same thing you're doing here.

Yes myself included....but we all have exclaimed the fact that the Allion/Premio is a 12 year platform with tech stuck on it and how there are more modern options (it is indicated by many others even on this forum). Yes...I have been critical about the Allion/Premio...but atleast I am being critical about the Lancer as well (and I have been equally critical of Corollas, Camries, Land Cruisers, RAV4, X-Trails..so not putting one car on a pedestal and the other down using the same yard stick). Also, I have never implied that a person is less of a car guy because they owned a particular type of car. If you get riled up hearing that your car is a 10+ year platform..well sorry but that wasn't my intention. The bottom line is..just because a person is fond of a certain car and does certain things..it is not fair that the person imply that owners of cars that he/she might not agree to are any lesser. @K.o.N.o.S was much more fair in his statement...different values and focuses...not the car. Manufacturers make cars to meet the needs of different groups.  It is the personality of the people who buy it.The car can be an absolute piece of junk but that does not make them any less or any more special than other car guys. 

So..lets just agree to disagree and move on.

27 minutes ago, iRage said:

Also, I have never implied that a person is less of a car guy because they owned a particular type of car.

Well me neither, so you letting your imagination run wild and assuming that I'm

1. Putting one car on a pedestal and others down (because I said I'm yet to see an Premio/Axio owner taking pics of their rides next to similar ride! which is true btw)

2 Implying Premio owners cannot be "car guys" (seriously? where did this "car guy" argument come from?)

3. Dissing the Premio for being based on a 12-year old platform (Wha? ME? ME?)

ZcTSEmy.png

ZwLviZq.png

dlPBBvC.png

(FYI, I've never called another car a "heap of crap" ).

4. Implying owners of cars that I might not agree to are lesser beings

is just offensive; this is the work of a troll, not the work of a top contributor and an administrator.

Edited by Hyaenidae

I have a similar story to @K.o.N.o.S.

About 10 years ago when I had my CS3, I was travelling to my grandparents place in Mathugama. This was before the expressway, so I was heading south on Galle Road. At Katukurunda, we decided to to stop at a Cargills supermarket to pick up some stuff. As I was slowing down with my left indicator on, I saw a white CS heading in the opposite direction. The driver and I made eye contact and I knew at that moment that I may know the dude because the car had a GI number - just like mine. 

I was parked on the side of the road, still in the car and just about to get out when the white car had made a U Turn, and parked in parallel to my car. I put my window down and the passenger of the white car put their window down. 

He goes "Davy?" 

This guy is none other than @trinity. ? Someone I hadn't even seen in person or had a personal conversation with prior to this. He had made a U Turn just to come and say hi. 

A few years later, we're visiting each other, working on the other person's car and taking photos of the ladies together. ?

DSC00094_zpsef504c86.JPG.43415a5f2836468

DSC00092_zps8565db73.JPG.547a5be75fc34ae

DSC00095_zpsb7db8866.JPG.f2c69d9332ce968

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Hyaenidae said:

Well me neither, so you letting your imagination run wild and assuming that I'm

1. Putting one car on a pedestal and others down (because I said I'm yet to see an Premio/Axio owner taking pics of their rides next to similar ride! which is true btw)

2 Implying Premio owners cannot be "car guys" (seriously? where did this "car guy" argument come from?)

3. Dissing the Premio for being based on a 12-year old platform (Wha? ME? ME?)

ZcTSEmy.png

ZwLviZq.png

dlPBBvC.png

(FYI, I've never called another car a "heap of crap" ).

4. Implying owners of cars that I might not agree to are lesser beings

is just offensive; this is the work of a troll, not the work of a top contributor and an administrator.

I did say that I diss the Allion...and the Premio and the Axio and the RAV4..but I also diss the Lancer. So I do not get the point of you posting my FB replies. Even on the forum many of us are critical about the Allion/Premio being a 12 year old platform...but why are most of these people not measuring the Lancer with the same yard stick ? Yes..I have called cars irrelevant piles of garbage....but then in many ways I feel the same way about the Lancer and the Pajero too (they should have changed or died off  mid decade). But I have never dissed or implied that the owner was a lesser of a car guy because they did not take pics of their car next to another of the same type. Not doing it does not make then any less of car guys or people doing it any more. The argument of car guys came by certain members making that implication.

As for your comment about trolling and administrators and top contributors. Many top contributors no longer come here  (and many amazing car enthusiasts with proper cred do not join) because of narrow minded and opinionated comments made similar to what triggered all of this. 

45 minutes ago, Davy said:

This guy is none other than @trinity. ? Someone I hadn't even seen in person or had a personal conversation with prior to this. He had made a U Turn just to come and say hi. 

A few years later, we're visiting each other, working on the other person's car and taking photos of the ladies together. ?

Wow! I thought you guys were childhood friends.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, iRage said:

I have never dissed or implied that the owner was a lesser of a car guy because they did not take pics of their car next to another of the same type. 

Neither have I.

18 hours ago, Hyaenidae said:

I'd like to see a Premio/Axio owner who feels the need to take a picture when he sees there's an another Premio/Axio parked alongside his ride 

See? I've never seen a Premio/Axio owner who takes pics when he meets a similar car. I've seen Allion owners doing that though.

38 minutes ago, iRage said:

I did say that I diss the Allion...and the Premio and the Axio and the RAV4..but I also diss the Lancer.  

That's your prerogative, but continuously accusing me of dissing other cars or car owners because how you perceived what I said (quoted above) is uncalled for, even after I explained that I had no such intention.

Trying to make me look like a snotty brat who thinks less of Premio/Axio owners, taking the thread off - topic and dissing the Lancer because YOU got triggered for some reason is just classic troll behavior, which I did not expect from a forum member of your caliber.

Edited by Hyaenidae

55 minutes ago, Hyaenidae said:

Trying to make me look like a snotty brat who thinks less of Premio/Axio owners, taking the thread off - topic and dissing the Lancer because YOU got triggered for some reason is just classic troll behavior, which I did not expect from a forum member of your caliber.

The thread is about Lancers..it was never to critique about Allion/Premio owners and their behavior. If you said something that can be perceived as offensive to car guys...then own up to it rather than accuse me of what my behavior on the forum should be and try to act all high and mighty. Yes...I took the thread off course...so fine...complain to Madz about your hurt feelings and get me kicked off as a top contributor or an admin (I will try not to get too hurt by huge financial loss).  

1 hour ago, iRage said:

Why did I ever think that you two guys worked together ? 

Not sure. trinity works in banking. I work in IT. :) 

By the way, there's another member on the forum who owned a CS1, then a CS3 (new owner of my one) and recently an owner of a EX GLS. I saw photos of the car and she is a beauty. I've asked him to share photos here. @s.madura, it has been a few months now... time to share photos and experience. :) 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Davy said:

I have a similar story to @K.o.N.o.S.

About 10 years ago when I had my CS3, I was travelling to my grandparents place in Mathugama. This was before the expressway, so I was heading south on Galle Road. At Katukurunda, we decided to to stop at a Cargills supermarket to pick up some stuff. As I was slowing down with my left indicator on, I saw a white CS heading in the opposite direction. The driver and I made eye contact and I knew at that moment that I may know the dude because the car had a GI number - just like mine. 

I was parked on the side of the road, still in the car and just about to get out when the white car had made a U Turn, and parked in parallel to my car. I put my window down and the passenger of the white car put their window down. 

He goes "Davy?" 

DSC00094_zpsef504c86.JPG.43415a5f2836468

DSC00092_zps8565db73.JPG.547a5be75fc34ae

DSC00095_zpsb7db8866.JPG.f2c69d9332ce968

Yako you bought tears to my eyes!! Ha ha ha it’s been almost 10 years and you have not missed a single detail of what happened on that day. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, iRage said:

The thread is about Lancers..it was never to critique about Allion/Premio owners and their behavior. 

Knew you'd eventually come to your senses ?

1 hour ago, iRage said:

If you said something that can be perceived as offensive to car guys...then own up to it 

Eh, pass. Cannae be held responsible for what every tom dick and harry read between the lines I write, I have enough responsibilities as it is. The best I could do is follow basic forum etiquette, like not trolling

1 hour ago, iRage said:

complain to Madz about your hurt feelings and get me kicked off 

Who do you think I am, cleaner of manure? ?

10 hours ago, Hyaenidae said:

Who do you think I am, cleaner of manure? ?

...and you said you do not insult people. So better pull your head out of the sand box because you are obviously oblivious to what you are doing.

Never lost focus on what the thread was as you imply. Trying to get the Lancer boys to appreciate the car without throwing cheap punches at owners/car-guys of other car models. Not kosher at all and just makes you all look bad just like the groups who have tainted the term "pissuwa".

Edited by iRage

2 hours ago, iRage said:

...and you said you do not insult people.

Ugh, "cleaner of manure" is Pericles' Rank. I meant I'm not Pericles (who had a rep for kicking troublemakers off back in the day)

2 hours ago, iRage said:

Trying to get the Lancer boys to appreciate the car without throwing cheap punches at owners/car-guys of other car models.

Your valiant effort (/s) is much appreciated but ultimately not needed because this punch-throwing business is all in your head. Like I said, nobody here wanted or instigated the "what makes a car guy?" argument but you. Nobody here dissed other car models and forum members but you. Nobody here wanted to take the thread OT but you did. You yourself admitted to doing all this and now you want us to believe you had honest noble intentions? Pfffffffffft

Edited by Hyaenidae