• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Do dreams come true? = YES (Bought a lancer ex)

K.o.N.o.S

5 minutes ago, K.o.N.o.S said:

Yeap that's what I was thinking but this was the seller's response.  ?

Hi,
this will need 30-40 days,

Well obviously the seller wouldn't want the buyer to have high expectations about a quick delivery and receive bad feedback if the parcel gets delayed ne. That aside even the snail paced chinapost managed to deliver my Aliexpress orders within 2-3 weeks, I'd expect this to arrive within maximum 2 weeks

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hyaenidae said:

That aside even the snail paced chinapost managed to deliver my Aliexpress orders within 2-3 weeks, I'd expect this to arrive within maximum 2 weeks

What's 2-3 weeks? Never heard that joke before...

*goes to the corner & sobs, waiting for shift knob to arrive for more than 4 weeks now

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, Hyaenidae said:

Well obviously the seller wouldn't want the buyer to have high expectations about a quick delivery and receive bad feedback if the parcel gets delayed ne. That aside even the snail paced chinapost managed to deliver my Aliexpress orders within 2-3 weeks, I'd expect this to arrive within maximum 2 weeks

@Hyaenidae I inquired with them again. this is the latest response from them.

I'd estimate around 10-14days. Tracking will be provided

Further I contacted auto vision Panadura using the contact Num provided by @trinity and they said Sensors are available for EX. They did not specify a price However confirmed that it would be around 10k-15k. Now My options are narrowed down to these two.

7 minutes ago, K.o.N.o.S said:

@Hyaenidae I inquired with them again. this is the latest response from them.

I'd estimate around 10-14days. Tracking will be provided

Further I contacted auto vision Panadura using the contact Num provided by @trinity and they said Sensors are available for EX. They did not specify a price However confirmed that it would be around 10k-15k. Now My options are narrowed down to these two.

You could buy 2 OEM ones from eBay for 15k neh. Besides, you don't use the car on weekdays if I remember correct - right? You'd lose only 4 days of driving :)

8 hours ago, Hyaenidae said:

You could buy 2 OEM ones from eBay for 15k neh. Besides, you don't use the car on weekdays if I remember correct - right? You'd lose only 4 days of driving :)

@Hyaenidae yes. Car is mostly a weekender only. Let’s try ebay first. Will update you. Thanks.??

15 hours ago, □AVANTE□ said:

Aliexpress orders within 2-3 weeks

Yes almost all of my orders (95%) from AliEx came within 3 weeks max (mostly within 2.5 weeks) using standard shipping. Only exception is this 11.11 sale and festival season coming up where packages may get delayed big time. Not sure about eBay as I haven't ordered anything from eBay ever since I got to know about Ali Express. :D

3 hours ago, amsandun said:

Yes almost all of my orders (95%)

Not sure about eBay as I haven't ordered anything from eBay ever since I got to know about Ali Express. :D

Ebay is overrated. Who even buys from ebay anyways. Everything is expensive there.

Also what happened to the 5%..maybe that 5% is what happens to 95% of my orders. The delievery system is slow ?

On 10/1/2019 at 7:54 PM, K.o.N.o.S said:

I have seen couple of Exs with those headlight and taillight conversions, Looks dapper. But for the moment I am happy with my HID projector headlamps.

need to be careful with these headlights on ebay/alibaba etc. They don't do well in our climate and develop cracks within a few months. also need to check if the vehicle is RHD or LHD, otherwise will end up not seeing the off-side well at night while getting headlights and horns from blinded oncoming traffic!

Edited by ajm
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hyaenidae said:

I said "for KONOS" ?

Even if you needed an ABS sensor for your Swift you won't find an OEM one from Aliexpress ne. ?

I got me gang at A*W & Panchikawatte, what you gonna do?? 

*wallet leaves pants, goes to the corner and sobs

Seriously tho, despite that, ebay has lost some popularity. Also, what about Amayama or Croooober?

7 hours ago, ajm said:

need to be careful with these headlights on ebay/alibaba etc. They don't do well in our climate and develop cracks within a few months. also need to check if the vehicle is RHD or LHD, otherwise will end up not seeing the off-side well at night while getting headlights and horns from blinded oncoming traffic!

Yes. besides why do I need to change my OEM projector headlamps?..you should ask this from @Davy. I guess he’s missing those babies in his car.

19 hours ago, K.o.N.o.S said:

Yes. besides why do I need to change my OEM projector headlamps?..you should ask this from @Davy. I guess he’s missing those babies in his car.

I desperately am. ? My car being a 2011 RalliArt, doesn't have the factory wiring for the automatic headlight levelling system (projector headlamps were not offered on the Australian RalliArt after 2010. Neither was the sunroof). So I can't install the OEM projectors unless I do some serious wiring mods which I am not too keen on doing. I've had a look into replica "OEM" projector headlamps as well, but didn't bite the bullet yet. 

My advice for you would be to keep the original projector headlights and take care of them as if though they're your own eyes. ? True, there are pretty cool looking aftermarket headlights with daytime running LEDs built in and so on, but from what I gather from local communities, the OEM projectors are damn good. So what most people end up doing is custom mods on the OEM lights where they open up the housing, black out the inside and install angel eyes, DRLs and so on. There are even aftermarket inserts that go in the OEM housing (see video below). Lights from companies like MARS are apparently very weak at night with poor light output. There are good ones out there though. Ones with sequential turn signals which really makes the car look unique. 

Talking about sequential turn signals, this is the one of the nicest aftermarket tail light I've seen for the car. ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/9/2019 at 7:47 AM, trinity said:

Any updates on the ABS matter??

Hey Machan I placed the order through ebay on 1st of Dec and the sensor is still on the way. Hopefully will receive it by next Monday. So I am running without ABS these days. Will update the status here. I am kinda used to running without ABS now.?

On a separate note the lower part of the front bumper slightly damaged due to my own carelessness. Luckily the damage was not deep enough to crack the bumper. Claimed 8k for the damage from insurance and Did a touch up at one of my friend’s garage. The guy performed a pretty decent job. Here’s a before and after pics

C1FF78CC-4CC6-4FE9-B849-FE9768B36818.jpeg

54 minutes ago, K.o.N.o.S said:

Hey Machan I placed the order through ebay on 1st of Dec and the sensor is still on the way. Hopefully will receive it by next Monday. So I am running without ABS these days. Will update the status here. I am kinda used to running without ABS now.?

Hope you’ll receive it soon without getting delayed due to seasonal postal rush.

Talking about ABS, my Lancer CS didn’t come with it. Drove it for 9 years, had some close calls also, but luckily managed to get the car stopped without crashing every time. 

In the EX, I was able to avoid two collisions mostly due to ABS doing its job. First one was when I was tailgating a friend of mine doing around 80 (this is something I usually don’t do but we were running late at that day and I was about to overtake him) he suddenly braked to avoid hitting a dog. I too slammed on the brakes and fortunately the car stopped within about a feet to my friends car. The next one was to save a motorbike guy who rode across galle road at a junction without bothering to stop to check the oncoming traffic. That basterd might have been drunk or something, narrowly escaped his death.. 

So get the brakes fixed soon. Good that the car is not a daily runner, you never know what awaits you in the next corner..

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, K.o.N.o.S said:

On a separate note the lower part of the front bumper slightly damaged due to my own carelessness. Luckily the damage was not deep enough to crack the bumper. Claimed 8k for the damage from insurance and Did a touch up at one of my friend’s garage. The guy performed a pretty decent job. Here’s a before and after pics

C1FF78CC-4CC6-4FE9-B849-FE9768B36818.jpeg

Damn your car is low!!  I guess you’ll be doing touch ups like this time to time Ha ha..

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, trinity said:

Damn your car is low!!  I guess you’ll be doing touch ups like this time to time Ha ha..

Ha ha. Actually from the front I have about 5 inches of ground clearance. Car is showing that low due to the angle of the pic taken. I have been extra careful so far and only on 2 occasions the underside was scraped and also this incident. Try lowering your one also mate. You will realize that there’s no going back..?