• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Do dreams come true? = YES (Bought a lancer ex)

K.o.N.o.S

1 hour ago, Jason Bourne said:

I meant the right fender, is it a mud patch too? It looked to me like a curb rash

My bad. Yes the right fender

On 6/9/2019 at 7:05 PM, K.o.N.o.S said:

Greetings guys,

It’s been a while and I have Few updates to report.

Replaced Rear tires- As confirmed before I wanted to use Bridgestone potenzas. Checked with autodrome and few other places, But damn those babies are expensive. Hence had to settle with a pair of Nankang Sports NS-20 (225/45/R18).
Can not complain or compare as anyway I am riding low profile which makes me aware of slightest bumps/Pat holes on the road. These were the only affordable ones I could find to fit my wallet.( if you are wondering it cost me 47k for the 2 tires which includes Wheel balancing and alignment).

Ac was blowing hot air- At first I thought it could be a leak in the system. Hence recharged the system and performed a through inspection through a professional. No leaks were found. However I am keeping an eye and Will monitor in the coming months.

Brakes were making a squeaking noise in cool temperature- as I suspected front brake pads were showing their age and brake pads were replaced. No more shouting!!

What good is an update without any pics? Taken from a few road trips that I went and some in my neighborhood. Enjoy

Cheerz!!

DuSUsDq.jpg

IM14QiV.jpg

9eSvvvn.jpg

Y7c4Twc.jpg

DuSUsDq.jpg

LYlal2D.jpg

qV1Drbj.jpg

? Love the pics... thanks for sharing!

The fog light buttons on the center console, is it from the factory? Aren't the fog lights controlled by the stalk?

Edited by Hyaenidae
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Hyaenidae said:

? Love the pics... thanks for sharing!

The fog light buttons on the center console, is it from the factory? Aren't the fog lights controlled by the stalk

@Hyaenidae There's no functionality. I fitted those for aesthetic purposes only. Got them for free thanks to @ELNINO.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/9/2019 at 7:05 PM, K.o.N.o.S said:

Greetings guys,

It’s been a while and I have Few updates to report.

Replaced Rear tires- As confirmed before I wanted to use Bridgestone potenzas. Checked with autodrome and few other places, But damn those babies are expensive. Hence had to settle with a pair of Nankang Sports NS-20 (225/45/R18).
Can not complain or compare as anyway I am riding low profile which makes me aware of slightest bumps/Pat holes on the road. These were the only affordable ones I could find to fit my wallet.( if you are wondering it cost me 47k for the 2 tires which includes Wheel balancing and alignment).

Ac was blowing hot air- At first I thought it could be a leak in the system. Hence recharged the system and performed a through inspection through a professional. No leaks were found. However I am keeping an eye and Will monitor in the coming months.

Brakes were making a squeaking noise in cool temperature- as I suspected front brake pads were showing their age and brake pads were replaced. No more shouting!!

What good is an update without any pics? Taken from a few road trips that I went and some in my neighborhood. Enjoy

Cheerz!!

I too had this problem, refilled once and ran about 3 months before it started to blow hot air again. I wanted to get it inspected from Unit#d Mot#rs itself but recently they did not accept any service requests quoting a system upgrade issue they were having. However my regular AC shop advised against running like that anymore (even after a refill) since if there's a leak, the AC compressor oil too get drawn out which could result a busted compressor eventually. 

So I opted to get it checked with them and found out that the cooler is leaking. I was able to see how oil had sprayed through the spot where the gas was leaking  confirmed the advise received from the AC mechanic.

I replaced the cooler. The whole process took about 7 hours. Now all ok. 

I would like to suggest that you get your AC system checked before the issue spreads further.

• Thanks 1

I too had this problem, refilled once and ran about 3 months before it started to blow hot air again. I wanted to get it inspected from Unit#d Mot#rs itself but recently they did not accept any service requests quoting a system upgrade issue they were having. However my regular AC shop advised against running like that anymore (even after a refill) since if there's a leak, the AC compressor oil too get drawn out which could result a busted compressor eventually. 
So I opted to get it checked with them and found out that the cooler is leaking. I was able to see how oil had sprayed through the spot where the gas was leaking  confirmed the advise received from the AC mechanic.
I would like to suggest that you get your AC system checked before the issue spreads further.
How much did it cost for the cooler + labor?

3 hours ago, trinity said:

would like to suggest that you get your AC system checked before the issue spreads further.

Hey @trinity thanks for your tip Machan. It’s been about a month since the refill. So far things are quite okay. Anyway like you mentioned I am planning to put this to UNIMO kandy for further investigation.

2 hours ago, K.o.N.o.S said:

Hey @trinity thanks for your tip Machan. It’s been about a month since the refill. So far things are quite okay. Anyway like you mentioned I am planning to put this to UNIMO kandy for further investigation.

There were two early symptoms in my car,

1. As soon as the AC is switched on Driver side vents blew cooler air than the passenger side. It took a while to passenger side to cool up. At first it was not that noticeable but gradually the difference started to show.

2.The other thing was when the AC is switched off, I could hear a faint hissing sound for about few seconds. 

Good that you are planning to get it checked at Unit#d Mot#rs. My car is a daily runner, a refill lasted about 3 months, that's about 6000kms.

6 hours ago, Jason Bourne said:
7 hours ago, trinity said:

How much did it cost for the cooler + labor?

Cooler (Taiwanese) 15k labor 13k. Heard the cooler is about 50k at the agents. However it would last much longer than the Tai one. 

4 hours ago, trinity said:

The other thing was when the AC is switched off, I could hear a faint hissing sound for about few seconds.

Come to think of it. Yes I can hear the same hissing sound for a few seconds. 

• 3 months later...

Update guys, ( after 8 months of ownership, Odo @ 113k)

So as I stated previously My car's Ac system was not working properly. It was blowing hot air. I recharged the system once and 2 months later 'Voila' hot air all over. Realized it was time to revisit and revamp the system. So I got the entire system checked from a reputed place and the main culprit turned out to be the cooling evaporator ( Thanks to our valuable member @trinity for giving me an early tip in this regard). However my condenser was also in a pretty rough shape. So I got both the evaporator and the condenser replaced. At first I was pretty much second guessing this repair cause in order to gain access to the system the entire dashboard had to be taken out. granted if I had done this repair at the agent that would have cost me more than 100k. ( the genuine cooler at the agents roughly around 50k). luckily the Ac shop guys did a pretty decent job in dismantling and refitting the system. knew they did a good job as they took almost 1.5 days to complete the job. If the condition of the dashboard was 100% before the repair I would say now it's sitting at about 99%. There are some inevitable minor signs of a repair. However I can definitely live with 1% less. following outlines the cost breakdown.

Cooling evaporator (Thai)-22k

Condenser (Thai)-28k

Cabin AC filter-2.4k

labor cost ( Removing and servicing the system, Recharging etc.)- 12k

Further as of late I had constantly hesitant cold starts+ slightly dimmer headlights. So it was time for a new battery change. So I gave up my good old 'Yuasa' Battery (which by the way has lasted for almost 6 years) and replaced with New Amaron 55D23L battery ( Thanks to our lancer enthusiast @Hyaenidae for the positive recommendation).

Coming up,

I am planning to plasti dip my wheels (in matte black of course?). The paint of the wheels kind of flaking off here and there. Are these spray cans available in Sri lanka? if so how much? ( I badly want to DIY this ) Anyway I found a good place in dehiwala. They quoted 10k for all 4 wheels. Which is quite okay I presume.The idea is currently hovering in my head.

Not going to leave you guys without any pics. ( Sorry I could not capture many pics. It's raining 24/7. so some are new and some are old),

Enjoy and happy motoring!!

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Untitled.jpg

2.jpg

Edited by K.o.N.o.S
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, K.o.N.o.S said:

So as I stated previously My car's Ac system was not working properly. It was blowing hot air. I recharged the system once and 2 months later 'Voila' hot air all over. Realized it was time to revisit and revamp the system. So I got the entire system checked from a reputed place and the main culprit turned out to be the cooling evaporator ( Thanks to our valuable member @trinity for giving me an early tip in this regard). However my condenser was also in a pretty rough shape. So I got both the evaporator and the condenser replaced. At first I was pretty much second guessing this repair cause in order to gain access to the system the entire dashboard had to be taken out. granted if I had done this repair at the agent that would have cost me more than 100k. ( the genuine cooler at the agents roughly around 50k). luckily the Ac shop guys did a pretty decent job in dismantling and refitting the system. knew they did a good job as they took almost 1.5 days to complete the job. If the condition of the dashboard was 100% before the repair I would say now it's sitting at about 99%. There are some inevitable minor signs of a repair. However I can definitely live with 1% less. following outlines the cost breakdown.

Condenser (Thai)-28k

Cabin AC filter-2.4k

Further as of late I had constantly hesitant cold starts+ slightly dimmer headlights. So it was time for a new battery change. So I gave up my good old 'Yuasa' Battery (which by the way has lasted for almost 6 years) and replaced with New Amaron 55D23L battery ( Thanks to our lancer enthusiast @Hyaenidae for the positive recommendation).

Coming up,

I am planning to plasti dip my wheels (in matte black of course?). The paint of the wheels kind of flaking off here and there. Are these spray cans available in Sri lanka? if so how much? ( I badly want to DIY this ) Anyway I found a good place in dehiwala. They quoted 10k for all 4 wheels. Which is quite okay I presume.The idea is currently hovering in my head.

Not going to leave you guys without any pics. ( Sorry I could not capture many pics. It's raining 24/7. so some are new and some are old),

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Untitled.jpg

2.jpg

Will this someday progress to a Evo X conversion ? The car looks lovely btw, the colour goes so well with the shape.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, tiv said:

Will this someday progress to a Evo X conversion ? The car looks lovely btw, the colour goes so well with the shape

@tiv Thanks for the compliment brother. considering that I am planning to keep the car for a longtime there might be a possibility. But I guess there will be lots of complications in that approach. So I am happy the way she is. Of course there will be some mechanical and cosmetic upgrades in the future. but I Can't say that conversion did not cross my mind.

Good job mate. Car looks great! 

Is the 10K quote for plasti dipping the rims including the plasti-dip or just labour? If it's just labour, don't. You can DIY quite easily. Check the threads below:

15 hours ago, K.o.N.o.S said:

Condenser (Thai)-28k

Cabin AC filter-2.4k

Coming up,

Glad you got it done on time. My place also took an entire day to do the job. I stayed there from beginning to end, and the sight of butchered interior was actually frightening. The only thing the ran through my mind was "how the hell does this guy gonna put this all back in to where they were in the first place". But gladly everything was done to a perfection. 

Here are two photos for you all to get an idea of what we are talking about.

thumbnail_IMG_9719.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_9713.jpg

• Confused 2

22 minutes ago, trinity said:

Says the people who has engine covers...

Whoa, put an NSFW warning or something, think about the children, man! :D

Seriously glad that UNIMO wised up and didn't remove the engine cover from 4A92s. Make sure they don't pressure wash the engine 'cause this might happen...

I, too, don't let them do that regardless of the cover, the ECU is out there in the open too