• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Do dreams come true? = YES (Bought a lancer ex)

K.o.N.o.S

9 hours ago, Hyaenidae said:

Oh yeah that Angry face loking at you in the morning.. It is a sight. Even the grumpy looking behind isnt bad at all.

Tears man.... Tears are filling up my eyes!!!

If I am to upgrade now, it would definitely be an EX. I want to wake up one day, walk to the garage and see this... looking right back at me: :P

Boy am I Glad to see the members of the lancer brotherhood are in the same mindset..?

8 hours ago, Davy said:

Yep, you just compromise on a bit of comfort to get more stability. If it's too stiff, you can try and play around with the damper setting knobs on the coilover to make the ride a bit softer on rough roads.

I have mine set to about 60% hard after trying 50% and 75%. 50 is too soft for my liking (very close to stock shocks, so if you dial it down a bit, you can get the stock feel. But where's the fun in that? ? ).

Thanks for the suggestion. Will definitely try that when the time permits. ?

1 hour ago, Sierra Charlie said:

Heya, are you in Gampola? If so, we should meet up. I go there often to my in-laws' place. 

Yes of course we can. I am only there on weekend though.

1 hour ago, trinity said:

I too managed to scrape few curbs when parking the EX. Though the car sits high, its front is relatively lower than the CS i had before. I've never had this issue with the CS, even when I had the body kit installed. 

Yeah if it tends to scrape now imagine what would happen if we lower the car even more... I'd lose my bumper for sure.

This is what keeps me from lowering the car even though the side profile look horrible with the fist-size gap

Edited by Hyaenidae

• 4 weeks later...

Guys so I have to change my rear set of tyres.Currently On the front I have set of roadstone tyres (Korean made) while in rear a pair of Bridgestone potenza tyres(Japan made). Potenzas are showing tear and wear compared to roadstone. I believe being performance oriented tyres potenzas are not made to Sri Lankan conditions.Hence stuck in a bit of a dilemma on whether to change rear pair to roadstones or Bridgestone.Any ideas? I know there’s a dedicated thread for tyres only. Then again I thought of posting any upgrades/updates related to my car in this thread for easy future reference. Thanks in advance

Edited by K.o.N.o.S

1 hour ago, K.o.N.o.S said:

Guys so I have to change my rear set of tyres.Currently On the front I have set of roadstone tyres (Korean made) while in rear a pair of Bridgestone potenza tyres(Japan made). Potenzas are showing tear and wear compared to roadstone. I believe being performance oriented tyres potenzas are not made to Sri Lankan conditions.Hence stuck in a bit of a dilemma on whether to change rear pair to roadstones or Bridgestone.Any ideas? I know there’s a dedicated thread for tyres only. Then again I thought of posting any upgrades/updates related to my car in this thread for easy future reference. Thanks in advance

The Potenza is a performance tyre. So softer compound = better grip + relatively faster wear. But like I've said in my RalliArt thread, they're the best tyres I've ever used. Then again my car is mostly a weekender and I prefer the handling and grip over service life. 

If your car is daily driven, you might want to settle for something for comfort and economy. However, it's your personal preference. The Potenzas will be significantly expensive. Especially if you're talking about RE003. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Davy said:

The Potenza is a performance tyre. So softer compound = better grip + relatively faster wear. But like I've said in my RalliArt thread, they're the best tyres I've ever used. Then again my car is mostly a weekender and I prefer the handling and grip over service life. 

If your car is daily driven, you might want to settle for something for comfort and economy. However, it's your personal preference. The Potenzas will be significantly expensive. Especially if you're talking about RE003

Hey Davy thanks for the info.My car is mostly a weekender too.Currently I have potenzas RE050A. Since the car is not in daily commute guess it would be alright to use potenzas then.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys,

kindly assist to clarify ,

So I was pulled over by traffic police and asked me to change the front number plate position to the middle. As you may know I have a side number plate in front and as far as I know the law states that number plate should be in a visible place and does not specify a position. The police said that at first they thought that I did not have a front Num plate and side Num plate was not visible to them.

Thank you

Edited by K.o.N.o.S

5 hours ago, K.o.N.o.S said:

Hi guys,

kindly assist to clarify ,

So I was pulled over by traffic police and asked me to change the front number plate position to the middle. As you may know I have a side number plate in front and as far as I know the law states that number plate should be in a visible place and does not specify a position. The police said that at first they thought that I did not have a front Num plate and side Num plate was not visible to them.

Thank you

Not sure what the regulation in SL is as everything is as most things are in a grey area over here.

In most countries the requirement is to have it in the middle with the exception of cases where it is placed on the side by manufacturer design (for example if placing it in the side is required for safety or performance reasons). So in most countries painting the number plate on the side of the bumper of riverting one on the side is not acceptable. It needs to be relocated properly and one needs to have justification (such as installing an extra radiator/cooler which should pass technical inspection) to do so 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, iRage said:

Not sure what the regulation in SL is as everything is as most things are in a grey area over here.

In most countries the requirement is to have it in the middle with the exception of cases where it is placed on the side by manufacturer design (for example if placing it in the side is required for safety or performance reasons). So in most countries painting the number plate on the side of the bumper of riverting one on the side is not acceptable. It needs to be relocated properly and one needs to have justification (such as installing an extra radiator/cooler which should pass technical inspection) to do so 

The whole problem is if the guy has replaced the stock bumper with an evo bumper, then it will be an unauthorized modification. So the law is pretty clear. In this case it's better to change the position of the plates or avoid the same cops (if that's even possible).

If its stock, then it wouldn't be an issue. The fact that the vehicle was approved for registration implies that the location of the plates are accepted by the DMT.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, iRage said:

what the regulation in SL is as everything is as most things are in a grey area over here.

You are correct.This is indeed a grey area and sometimes cops don’t even know what they are talking about. I didn’t use to have this issue before. but given the current situation of the country there are soo many checkpoints. But here’s the scenario. So far I have been pulled over by 6 checkpoints on the way from home to Colombo. Only 2 out of those checkpoints highlighted this number plate position. I think I am sticking to what I have for the moment. Believe they can’t spot fine me or put a court case over this otherwise they would have already done it.

Edited by K.o.N.o.S

1 hour ago, Davy said:

Should have told them that it's the factory position and Googled images of Evo Xs to prove your point. ?

That totally slipped my mind. Actually one of those cops even asked me that question.?

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Hyaenidae said:

Was offered for around 3.2mil brand-new for the permit back in 2014 (1600CC)

@Hyaenidae is your one 1600cc? I have also seen a limited edition 2400cc (4B12) very rare sight

Greetings guys,

It’s been a while and I have Few updates to report.

Replaced Rear tires- As confirmed before I wanted to use Bridgestone potenzas. Checked with autodrome and few other places, But damn those babies are expensive. Hence had to settle with a pair of Nankang Sports NS-20 (225/45/R18).
Can not complain or compare as anyway I am riding low profile which makes me aware of slightest bumps/Pat holes on the road. These were the only affordable ones I could find to fit my wallet.( if you are wondering it cost me 47k for the 2 tires which includes Wheel balancing and alignment).

Ac was blowing hot air- At first I thought it could be a leak in the system. Hence recharged the system and performed a through inspection through a professional. No leaks were found. However I am keeping an eye and Will monitor in the coming months.

Brakes were making a squeaking noise in cool temperature- as I suspected front brake pads were showing their age and brake pads were replaced. No more shouting!!

What good is an update without any pics? Taken from a few road trips that I went and some in my neighborhood. Enjoy

Cheerz!!

New 1.jpg

new 2.jpg

new 3.jpg

new 4.jpg

new 8.jpg

new 5.jpg

new 6.JPG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jason Bourne said:

3rd pic - bumper slightly damaged, 5th pic - no bumper damage... how come?

I assume you are referring to the slight patch just where the left fender meets the upper part. it's not a damage. Just a mud patch caused by excessive driving in the rain.