• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Ist 1.3 Vs Fit Ge6

Kamil

Question

Hi Folks, 

I am planning to buy a vehicle within a budget of 2.5-2.8Mn and basically looking for a good fuel with enough space as I'll be driving daily plus few long trips per month. So, I'm wondering which hatch back is better between fit and ist? Further for Ge6, does it also has the oil burning issue which usually comes with fit gp1?. Highly appreciate your comments. Thanks 

4 answers to this question

18 hours ago, Kamil said:

Hi Folks, 

I am planning to buy a vehicle within a budget of 2.5-2.8Mn and basically looking for a good fuel with enough space as I'll be driving daily plus few long trips per month. So, I'm wondering which hatch back is better between fit and ist? Further for Ge6, does it also has the oil burning issue which usually comes with fit gp1?. Highly appreciate your comments. Thanks 

I have driven IST 1.3 (2003) for 3 years. Good car in term of space, maintenance and specially in fuel.. It gave me min 12 per litter in Colombo usual traffic, 14-15 outside. (Exceptionally 18 per litter in Kataragama with no A/C). Please be noted that I'm a feather footed driver.

Leg space for driver and front passenger is reasonable, however rear passengers might feel little uncomfortable due to short leg space. Parts can be found easily. Resale is quite fast. Had white color FL grade, nice sport looking and handy. Good pick-up in short drive (I usually get 200-300m lead after stop at color lights :P). Did no major repairs except replacing break pump, and usual running repairs such as break pads, belts, rear shocks, servicing ect..

Really good for  daily city drives. I feel I missed my IST :( 

Cons : For long journey, IST is not a good choice. The suspensions are stiff and can feel tired after driving. Steering is limited to certain level to avoid risky turning, so you may feel difficult to turn the car in small space. 

Sorry no experience with GP

• Thanks 1

No experience with the IST but GE6 I can recommend without a doubt. Very spacious car in the hatchback segment. Drove it for more than 2 years over 40k never had any complaints. The 1.3 VTEC engine was thrifty yet good enough to push when you needed to. Typical Honda DNA. Comfort wise really good compared to some other vehicles I've driven. Economy wise did 14-17 km/l under mixed driving conditions. Try to find a well maintained specimen. Especially check if the CVT transmission serviced regularly with oil changes every 40k or less. Didn't experience any oil burning issue.

• Thanks 1

Never owned either but have driven both and still do travel quite a bit in a friends IST - of the two the GE6 is more value for money imho as you get a nice spacious car that is quite nippy - with the whole adjustable rear seat arrangement the GE6 can be extremely versatile. 

The IST is a little more bland in my opinion and not the most comfy - it's a typical toyota from the early 2000's . Nice rugged car has the typical toyota reliability (but hey it's now 15 years old so consider that too.) If i had to choose between a 15 Year old IST and a 10 year old GE6 I'd pick the GE6. 

On 2/27/2019 at 10:31 PM, Kamil said:

for Ge6, does it also has the oil burning issue which usually comes with fit gp1

There is a specific range of chassis numbers. This was discussed so many times so you can easily find the number range and avoid one - majoritiy of GE6's in SL are from 2009 and 2010 since from 2011 onwards due to the tax structure people opted for the GP1.  Find a GE6 not in the affected range and you're good to go. 

7 hours ago, NeroX said:

GE6 I can recommend without a doubt. Very spacious car in the hatchback segment. Drove it for more than 2 years over 40k never had any complaints.

BTW is this GE6 a black 2010 one  ? Looking at your username  I have a sneaky suspicion I know you :D 

• Thanks 1

Gp series Fit is a really good car for the budget and you get what you really pay for. I have never driven the GE6, but have driven the Gp1,and a really balanced and fun to drive car. Only problem I experienced was the mild braking which is existent in the due to the hybrid motor, so it would be not a problem for the petrol version. Space is also really good. Also note that these cars are really steady on high speeds than Toyota’s of the same class or even than Axios.

• Thanks 1