• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Making an old morris minor convertible?

tilvin

8 hours ago, tilvin said:

Dears,

I am planning to buy a minor and make it convertible. Is it possible in Sri Lanka? Do I need to inform RMV about this? If it is original convertible, will that be stated in the registration book? Please assist me.

Thanks....

I had a convertible and the CR states body type as convertible 

Genuine convertibles are rare and a handful, well known in the classic car community, its going to be costly and a wait. 

You doing the conversion is not going to add any value to the car, intact it may drop.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kusumsiri said:

Did you give up Morris Minor Traveler hunting ?

Yeah bro...?. I left the idea, because seller guys are quoting absurd prices for me. Also restoring a Traveller is not an easy task as it involves special wood work and seems costly. So now I stuck to restore a Morris Minor saloon. I prefer a 2 door saloon. But couldn't find one. Searched for few 4 door ones as well. Since going to restore from the ground, I prefer to buy one with rust and requiring paint work for reasonably low price. Let's see how my hunt goes....?. If you know any good abandoned....? cars, let me know by private messaging. I don't care about rust or outer look. But interior should be in original look....?

• Like 1