Jump to content
  • Welcome to AutoLanka

    :action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

  • 0
Sign in to follow this  
TharinduD

Buying a Wagon R FZ

Question

Friends

Im planning to buy an used Wagon R FZ. Most likely under 50k mileage. Any tips or advises ? What should i be worried ? What are the problems/repairs i might have in near future?

Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
1 hour ago, TharinduD said:

Friends

Im planning to buy an used Wagon R FZ. Most likely under 50k mileage. Any tips or advises ? What should i be worried ? What are the problems/repairs i might have in near future?

Thank you

Check if it was run with the correct oil 0w-20 5w-30 also cvt oil

Look for badly repaired accidents 

Check if the belt adjuster has been replaced

Look at the tyres if they are dunlop enasave as they have sidewall issues 

Brake pads will need change,  the isg belt, 

Be very particular of the mileage as there is a lot of fraud and these have done heavy miles 

Expect the following if so

Hub bearings, front suspension bushes 

Shock absorbers, hybrid battery 

 

Also join the wagon r Facebook page, they are very informative.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
44 minutes ago, tiv said:

Check if it was run with the correct oil 0w-20 5w-30 also cvt oil

Look for badly repaired accidents 

Check if the belt adjuster has been replaced

Look at the tyres if they are dunlop enasave as they have sidewall issues 

Brake pads will need change,  the isg belt, 

Be very particular of the mileage as there is a lot of fraud and these have done heavy miles 

Expect the following if so

Hub bearings, front suspension bushes 

Shock absorbers, hybrid battery  

 

Also join the wagon r Facebook page, they are very informative.

Thank you for your comment. Is it true that Hybrids are made for just 5 years or is it just a myth? I was told not to buy hybrids that are 3-4 years older.

Also is Wagon R FZ hybrid? i dont see the logo on rear door. If not that means i have to do the emission test right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
7 hours ago, TharinduD said:

Thank you for your comment. Is it true that Hybrids are made for just 5 years or is it just a myth? I was told not to buy hybrids that are 3-4 years older.

Also is Wagon R FZ hybrid? i dont see the logo on rear door. If not that means i have to do the emission test right?

The 5 year thing is a myth, mainly coined up because due to the climate here, the hybrid battery packs up in like 5 years,

They are mild hybrids, there is no requirement for an emissions test, more or less an assist, no engine less propulsion

The latest model is badged hybrid but that also is a mild form, however the isg can propel it for a brief time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

What is your budget, you may be able to get a new one for couple of hundred thousand more

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
16 hours ago, TharinduD said:

s it true that Hybrids are made for just 5 years or is it just a myth? I was told not to buy hybrids that are 3-4 years older.

This is a myth created  by the car sale mudalalis to peddle their shitty 121's - the actual fact here is that in Sri Lanka's harsh conditions batteries don't last long but that's not always the case. I've said this dozen times before I had a six year old 60,000 Km Honda fit which i sold last year with the battery in perfectly good health.  Currently there is a hybrid-phobia due to some of the popular hybrids developing issues BUT other than the aqua batteries flat-lining the issues with the Hondas - Vezel, GP5, GP1 etc are due to non-battery related issues - namely the Oil leak in GP1 and the DCT issue with the others. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Thank you all for really helpful and informative replies. Can you please tell me what is it like owning a 2014-2015 Wagon R FZ. Maintenance costs, other costs etc? I heard its expensive than normal small car like vitz, picanto, and 100cc range cars

My budget is 2.4M and i thought Wagon R FZ is the ideal solution for my needs. I need a car with good looking, Auto, safe, fuel efficient, and a new car (2010 and up). Are there any good vehicles fit my requirements?

 

Thanks for helping me out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
3 hours ago, TharinduD said:

Thank you all for really helpful and informative replies. Can you please tell me what is it like owning a 2014-2015 Wagon R FZ. Maintenance costs, other costs etc? I heard its expensive than normal small car like vitz, picanto, and 100cc range cars

I do not think this is true, until an issue in the hybrid system comes which is around 150,000km 

Running repairs and maintenance is common to all 

Then again the price gap is almost 5-7lakhs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
20 hours ago, TharinduD said:

Thank you all for really helpful and informative replies. Can you please tell me what is it like owning a 2014-2015 Wagon R FZ. Maintenance costs, other costs etc? I heard its expensive than normal small car like vitz, picanto, and 100cc range cars

My budget is 2.4M and i thought Wagon R FZ is the ideal solution for my needs. I need a car with good looking, Auto, safe, fuel efficient, and a new car (2010 and up). Are there any good vehicles fit my requirements?

 

Thanks for helping me out

You will not be able to get a new one with your budget. Most of the newer Wagon which R available for sale is ex cabs where owners have realized that it is not viable to run a cab with a high lease payment and maintenance.

You can see a JDM Alto which might fit your budget, same mechanical as Wagon R.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register for a new account in our community. It's easy and FREE!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×