• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Buying Vezel 2014/15 Aqua 2013/14 and FIT 2014/15

Zed

Hi,

I would like to get an advice on whether buying a hybrid vehicle (Vezel 2014/15 Aqua 2013/14 and FIT 2014/15) which has been used in sl for a while. Many of my friends say that all of them will be required to change the battery(most used ones have done more than 50000km). This could cost from Rs. 300k -700k. The other issue is apparently vezel has a gearbox issue that would cost approx 700k. 

As I see alot of these vehicles being available to buy, I am seeking advice if it is a good choice to do so. If so which model. If not any alternative that would fall below 4.3m

Edited by Zed

Well I'm not sure if the DCT issue will cost as much as 700k. My guess was around 300k. These cars have been discussed before as well recently. In a nutshell every hybrid is not a disaster waiting to happen and the DCT issue is simply due to the harsh usage in SL. There could be (i know for a fact there are) meticulously maintained Vezel/GP5s that are unaffected by DCT.

As for every hybrid that has done 50,000 km needing to have the battery replaced is an over generalization. Last year i sold a 2012 GP1 with a battery that had 75% usable capacity and a friend of mine has a 2009 insight that still runs without a glitch.

BUT if you're actually concerned why not avoid the whole fiasco and go for a non hybrid  car like a Mazda 3 ?

Edited by matroska
Punctuation

Sadly, all the 3 cars you’ve mentioned have  famous issues which are costly to repair. The Fit and Vezel have the DCT replacement which would cost you around 200,000 according to a friend of mine.This is not an issue, but just a running repair which comes prematurely due to SL climate and traffic conditions. Aquas are prone to battery failures. One close friend of mine had to replace the battery around 73000kms(he had brought down and registered the car in 2013) which costed 300,000. Also another friend of mine owns an Aqua which was one of the earliest imported ones to SL and it is still going strong. From what I’ve heard, it is really useless to own a hybrid unless if you do over atleast 2000ks per month.I’ve never heard any complaints about the battery from Fit,Vezel and Grace owners.

At the same time the GP5 is a really enjoyable car to drive, and one of my favourite among the mass imported models. It corners pretty well and has plenty of grunt for daily driving.

At the same price you can find a 2007-2008 Allion/Premio but most of them have been beaten to death. But you can find a nice 141 2011-2012 GLI model for the same price with genuine mileages and service history.The car is really comfortable than the mentioned 3 models and has a proven relaible powertrain which can run well over 300,000kms if properly taken care of.Also the car is specifically designes for the SL market, so the suspension components can undergo much abuse than the Axio,Allion and Premios.Just take a look at it

Edited by alpha17

Gear box issue comes mainly with Vezel i think . GP5 is decent comfortable economical car. Even though Sri Lanka going backward from electrical , hybrid to gasoline engines , lot of countries move forward with hybrid and mainly electrical cars. Issues are packege with every car. If you own one you need to ready for it. At some point every car gonna give you troubles. Those are machines and could break at any point. Only thing you need to get one you enjoy and suite your budget and needs. 

Edited by virajn

Gear box issues mainly due to the DCT not being able to cope with the traffic conditions and idiotic driving style.

There are enough and more literature on how to drive and look after a DCT and if you follow them they could be as reliable as any other transmission.

• Thanks 1