• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Help to Finalize buying decision

nuwanz

Question

I went to inspect several vehicles in the last few days and found out what I like most. I wanted your opinion about buying one. 

Here is my list.

+ Demio 2007

+ Fit GD1

+ Lancer 2008 ( cs1/cs2)

+ Turbo Suzuki Every Van 

+ Wagon R 2014

Demo - Reliability. Design and fuel consumption. As a bit taller guy I can sit comfortably there with good visibility.

Fit GD1 - Good space, Fuel. No experience driving one.

Lancer cs1 (2008) - Very spacious with good ground clearance. Also, like the simple clean interior. No idea about fuel.

Suzuki Every Join Turbo - Biggest reason is big space in the back and can get a newer model. No idea about fuel or rideability.

Wagon R - New, Spacious and fuel consumption.

I like something with driving a pleasure, fuel consumption and space. Also something I can travel on narrow roads.

Don't travel in heavy traffic. Mostly light traffic (20kms) And long trips. 

I already posted post before this and received good recommendation need this one to make a finalized decision.

Thank You,

14 answers to this question

2 hours ago, nuwanz said:

I like something with driving a pleasure, fuel consumption and space. Also something I can travel on narrow roads.

Don't travel in heavy traffic. Mostly light traffic (20kms) And long trips. 

Demio 2007

• Like 1

The CS Lancer is really comfortable. I think it is really ahead of cars like Axio,121s.On the other hand fuel economy is not so great and you are getting a comparatively old car.

Demio is a really good car. I know a Demio owner who had done over 200,000kms and he became a Mazda fan ever since.I have never driven one,but since it’s Mazda it would really shine in Driving and Performance.But it might not be as good as CS1 when it comes to comfort and space.

For me, I really love sedans and good comfort, so I’d go with the Cs1 despite the age.

• Like 1

On 2/19/2019 at 4:51 PM, Hyaenidae said:

Thank you.

I started my hunt for a car. I will update soon as I found one. Not easy to find a good condition lancer went to few car sales no luck. 

Regarding checking the vehicle before buying what is the best way? Take a mechanic or scan vehicle? Also found a 1.5 Demio is it good compared 1.3 demio? 

Thank You, 

Nuwan T.

7 hours ago, nuwanz said:

Thank you.

I started my hunt for a car. I will update soon as I found one. Not easy to find a good condition lancer went to few car sales no luck. 

Regarding checking the vehicle before buying what is the best way?

The best way would be taking the car to Carckecks. They do a comprehensive vehicle checkup.

If it's not possible taking the car to the nearest agent's workshop and getting a checkup done (Unit#d Mot#rs if it's a Lancer) is the next best thing,

if these two aren't possible educating yourself on buying used cars is infinitely better than taking mechanics and relying upon on their opinions

You can start here

Then watch the "How to buy a used car" series by Chrisfix

When you've done your homework on buying used cars you can set off looking for a car by yourself or with a mechanic or someone who has experience buying used cars... it's up to you. Avoid cars with open papers,  the paperwork and the process of transferring vehicle ownership have been explained here:

http://www.motortraffic.gov.lk/web/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=111&Itemid=122&lang=en

Edited by Hyaenidae

9 hours ago, nuwanz said:

went to few car sales

keep looking from  car sales - no harm but most of the time the really good ones are usually found in a home somewhere from the original owner. Car Sales, Buyyas (buying-and-sell folk)  are scum 90% of the  time trying to peddle off a lemon. Having said that some folk have actually found good cars from the sales too but it's a rarity.  

Edited by matroska