Jump to content
  • Welcome to AutoLanka

    :action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

  • 0
Sign in to follow this  
Re@l_B

Police report before buying a used car?

Question

Hello folks,

This might be an odd question, but I would like to know if there is a way we can run a police record check before buying a car in Sri Lanka. Because there could be a chance of some vehicles are involved in criminal activities.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
3 hours ago, [email protected]_B said:

Hello folks,

This might be an odd question, but I would like to know if there is a way we can run a police record check before buying a car in Sri Lanka. Because there could be a chance of some vehicles are involved in criminal activities.

You can go to RMV and check whether there is a court order on the vehicle to block any transfers. Apart from that, there really isn't a way to check whether a vehicle has been involved in any criminal activity. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

There is no fool proof method

Best is to buy from the owner who has used the vehicle for a reasonable period rather than from a road side sale

There are enough and more vehicles on sale by users advertised on the registered address, when you visit and talk with people you can make a judgement. If in doubt walk away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
3 hours ago, Crosswind said:

You can go to RMV and check whether there is a court order on the vehicle to block any transfers. Apart from that, there really isn't a way to check whether a vehicle has been involved in any criminal activity. 

Can we check this buy getting a full online report from rmv 150/= or do we have to physically visit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 minute ago, GayanR said:

Can we check this buy getting a full online report from rmv 150/= or do we have to physically visit?

There is no other info beyond what the CR has on the 150/- online report

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register for a new account in our community. It's easy and FREE!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×