• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Which car to buy

Malithm

Question

13 answers to this question

@Malithm Can you please stop opening a thread for each question and car that pops up into your mind? This is out of control! Stick to one thread and please stop cluttering the forum. 

Threads merged. 

Edited by Davy

On 2/12/2019 at 11:19 AM, Crosswind said:

If you ask me about which car to go for, if you have a budget of less than a million, these will be my choices.

1. Proton Wira - reason: you can get a newer car. Parts are not an issue at all, because most of the internals are swappable with Mitsubishi Lancer. Build quality is not bad. Don't be fooled by idiots who say 'Maleshiya ne... apo oka honda naa'. 

2. Mazda Familia/Ford Laser - reason: I have seen many cars that are 25+ years old. NONE of them hold on to their build as much as Mazda and Mazda Fords do. Even after 25 years and 300,000kms on the clock, these cars just go on.

3. Toyota Corolla Wagon - another good workhorse. The sedan version (E100-series) is well over a million, but you may be able to find a wagon (what they call elephant back), with basic options for around that price. That's another car that just goes on and on

4. Doctor Sunny - Oldest cars in this list. If you can find a well maintained one, this is also another car that can take abuse

Other honourable mentions are Toyota Starlet and Nissan March. 

You'll find this information useful. Spend 1 mil to buy a car and use the rest on repairs it would need + a comprehensive maintenance service + maybe a new paint job since you want the car to look good. Take a look at Presealover's car for example - it went from this to this

Edited by Hyaenidae

22 hours ago, Malithm said:

I hope to go for a car. My budget is 12 laks.

There's a bunch of cars - Hyanidaes quote of Crosswinds reply covers the usual suspects.  Personally early 1990's Familas/Lasers are a good bet - Mazda's are reasonably priced compared to say Honda's  For example you can see 1992 Eg8's (even with carb engines go for eye-watering prices due to the ricer mass appeal) 

if you can fork out a little bit more the lancer CB series (CB1/2/3)(which is what the proton is based on ) can also be  gettable (~1.3 Mill) 

21 hours ago, Malithm said:

is the Suzuki zen car is good to buy?

also why Hyundai Sonata car price is very low?

The zen is more or less a typical Maruti.

Sonata's are comparatively cheap due to them being rather thirsty (high fuel consumption) other than that they are ok cars but this particular generation of Korean cars do not have the same level of durability and refinement of modern Korean equivalents. 

5 hours ago, Hyaenidae said:

Other honourable mentions are Toyota Starlet and Nissan March. 

Good  cars - but Starlets (new and old ) are ridiculously overpriced 

Can you pls let me know whether Kia Rio 2001/2002/2003 manual cars good to use.

saw there are used ones for 12-13 lks . Are those cars are good.

there are automatic Kia cars for around 15 lks. Are there any issues with auto versions.

need to know what pros and cons with Kia compared to Indian and japan cars.

12 hours ago, Malithm said:

Can you pls let me know whether Kia Rio 2001/2002/2003 manual cars good to use.

saw there are used ones for 12-13 lks . Are those cars are good.

there are automatic Kia cars for around 15 lks. Are there any issues with auto versions.

need to know what pros and cons with Kia compared to Indian and japan cars.

Nothing horrendously bad that I know of - the early 2000's Korean cars (Hyundai /Kia) were not on the same level of durability as their Japanese counterparts However they're not as crappy as Indian cars. I do not know of any specific issues with Auto gear boxes of the Kia Rios as far as I know this generation of Rio has a A/T box developed by Mazda and one that was previously used in Fords and Mazdas.