Jump to content
  • Welcome to AutoLanka

    :action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

CodeMaster

Badly need to change my car

Recommended Posts

I have a Honda city 2001 car (my 1st car) now over 8 years with me. I need to sell it and go for a new vehicle but I don't have good knowledge about market trends . Main challenge is money. If I sell it for around 1.9millin and I can take another 1.5million as a loan. That's all I have (NO money in hand) everything need to cover within above 3.4 or 3.5millione. Pls give your views, suggestion on next vehicle that I should go for. I may be using new one for more than 6-7years. I more prefer on SUV, Sedan models and I am a Honda fan as well (no matter on others as well, can I import a new one at a low cost?, what will be the tax and other stuff) Need to consider about fuel economy/maintenance cost /resell value/etc. Guys give your valuable suggestions to me please!🧐

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, CodeMaster said:

I more prefer on SUV, Sedan models and I am a Honda fan as well 

 

If you're willing to be lenient towards these requirements you have much newer options for a 3 million budget. Since you'll have a loan to repay you need to keep the garage visits to a minimum, preferably only for routine maintenance at least until its repaid - and since you'll be using the vehicle for 6-7 years it's best if you can go for newest options available. However, most of those choices are hatchbacks and not Honda. 

Edited by Hyaenidae

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Hyaenidae said:

If you're willing to be lenient towards these requirements you have much newer options for a 3 million budget. Since you'll have a loan to repay you need to keep the garage visits to a minimum, preferably only for routine maintenance at least until its repaid - and since you'll be using the vehicle for 6-7 years it's best if you can go for newest options available. However, most of those choices are hatchbacks and not Honda. 

Thanks mate...Will the old cars can sale easily these days? What are the your best suggestions for hatchbacks ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would suggest a Civic if fuel economy can be tolerated

Or may be a Fit Area

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No matter what you buy..don't blow your entire budget on purchasing the car....so plan for example you might use 1.7mil of your cash and get loan for 1.7 if you want to buy a car for 3.4 mil. That way you still have a bit of money for post purchase fix-ups (same goes for unregistered cars you might buy in SL as there is a lot of junk imports in the country).

For your budget you will be looking at a CR-V, RAV4, etc...that is around the same age as your City. At most it will be 2 or 3 years newer.  If you are looking at 2008++ crossover you are looking at 4mil+

For cars within this decade; for your budget I suppose you could find a Vitz or even a Swift (registered and unregistered depending on vintage and spec) that is up to about 2014/2015. You could find a newer Picanto, Grand i10 or Axia. Or you could go for a whole array of kei cars.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't we all,?

You've got a healthy budget, spend wisely.

Dont get caught out with a chin ok kore  trash.

Edited by Twin Turbo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, iRage said:

No matter what you buy..don't blow your entire budget on purchasing the car....so plan for example you might use 1.7mil of your cash and get loan for 1.7 if you want to buy a car for 3.4 mil. That way you still have a bit of money for post purchase fix-ups (same goes for unregistered cars you might buy in SL as there is a lot of junk imports in the country).

For your budget you will be looking at a CR-V, RAV4, etc...that is around the same age as your City. At most it will be 2 or 3 years newer.  If you are looking at 2008++ crossover you are looking at 4mil+

For cars within this decade; for your budget I suppose you could find a Vitz or even a Swift (registered and unregistered depending on vintage and spec) that is up to about 2014/2015. You could find a newer Picanto, Grand i10 or Axia. Or you could go for a whole array of kei cars.

Thank you friend. Ok if I go for Fit Hybrid 2012 or aqua hybrid what will do you recommend? what will be the plus minus points?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, CodeMaster said:

Thank you friend. Ok if I go for Fit Hybrid 2012 or aqua hybrid what will do you recommend? what will be the plus minus points?

Those cars, buying used or unused in SL (registered or unregistered) have been discussed. You will need to consider things like battery replacements, etc...please search the forum for these models.

If budget is tight and you plan on using for a long time...I think a gasoline car would be easier for you. With Hybrids, whatever savings you make on petrol costs might be lost in the long run on things like battery packs.

Edited by iRage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/16/2019 at 4:04 PM, CodeMaster said:

SUV, Sedan models and I am a Honda fan as well

Let's first address this - I'm personally against throwing in everything into a car - if 3.5 is your max you might target for around 3.2 keep a small buffer just in case. 

You're looking at rather old suv's at this price range - Koreans from the early-mid 2000's  not much newer than your 2001 Honda. If you want to tick both Honda and SUV boxes then a 2000ish CRV might be eligible.A 2006 FD1 will cost you about 3.4 - really decent car and also fulfills your Honda requirement. Both these Honda's are a bit thirsty. 

On 2/16/2019 at 4:04 PM, CodeMaster said:

can I import a new one at a low cost?

Yes - there's a bunch of importable Unregistered and maybe new cars for this budget. The Kei's are readily available at this range starting from the Mira's, Suzuki Altos, Hustlers, upto (god i dread to say this) Wagon R's, The mira's and altos are well in  your budget (2.5 mil + range - sometimes even lesser if you directly import and manage to get a good specimen for a decent price) but of course they're not in the same league as a Sedan/SUV.  Same goes for the new Axias and Picantos.

You can't get an unregistered vitz unfortunately for below 3.5  the newest you can import is 2016 and a decent vitz will cost you 3.6 +  a sale uncle might be able to find you a really basic 2015 Vitz that has been rotting away in their sale (he might show you a 4.5 auction sheet from an axio - yeah that  happened to someone I know) 

8 hours ago, CodeMaster said:

Ok if I go for Fit Hybrid 2012 or aqua hybrid what will do you recommend?

Of the 2 I'd say the Fit Hybrid but 2012 Fit's are now suffering from the infamous oil leak issue (please search the forum) and many aquas have had their batteries flipped out. If you can get a GP1 not in the chassis recall number range (please search the forum this is very very well documented) and get the battery tested for 4500/- you have a decent car. 

Also suggest the Honda Fit  GE6  non hybrid, relatively fuel efficient, spacious and nippy. Good overall car 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register for a new account in our community. It's easy and FREE!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×