• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Suzuki S Cross SX4 Boosterjet 1.0L 2019 UK

Ahan

Hi Experts, 

I intend to buy a Suzuki S Cross SX4 Boosterjet 1.0L 2019 UK for approx LKR 6.0 Mn. This is one of the few crossovers in New condition in the range of LKR 6.0 Mn. I test drove the car and drive was reasonably impressive. It could be considered as a decent family vehicle with a good cabin & boot room and with a high ground clearance (180mm whereas Toyota CHR is with 150mm.. No offence please ?) as the reasonably high ground clearance is one of my priorities. 

However, I'm little hesitant to go for it as this vehicle is too new to SL market and yet to catch up with the market. As such, availability of spare parts in future shall be a big question and there is no an authorised agent (even not A*W) dealing with this vehicle or the spare parts.. 

Considering all the above facts, I kindly invite your valuable advice for me to take a firm decision on it. 

Thanks 

Edited by Ahan
Grammatical mistake

Its not that popular here, people have issues with the looks, which I kinda like, but seems like a good car, is it the same size as the CHR? do look into the interior room and cargo area in comparison to the others as it looks small. If it shares parts with the on going swift gen you won't have an issue though. I suggest more research and like you said its new here and not exactly an acclimatized model, may have lurking issues and with no agent support it maybe like the Xtrail issue of the past, so take your time.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for your valuable comments. FYI, it's interior & boot space are quite roomier than CHR though it looks bit compact from outside.. However, as you suggested, must check & verify the compatibility of its parts that of with the Swift/Vitara as all three are with the same boosterjet 1.0L ZS-T engine. If this issue could be resolved, believe me this car can be one of the better options for this price tag (I was told that the CR book will bear the "Status when Registered" as 'New' not as 'Reconditioned'). Once again thanks for your prompt response. 

Edited by Ahan

9 hours ago, Ahan said:

(I was told that the CR book will bear the "Status when Registered" as 'New' not as 'Reconditioned').

Im not sure on this part since Brand New status can be stated in the CR for cars which got down by Authorized Agents (Unless this is imported by A*W). for parts, why don't you check with Wijerama area Part dealers (Few calls would do). i believe its the same engine (K Series Boosterjet) which shared among Baleno, Swift and Vitara. so apart from Body parts, i dont think it would be much of an issue for Running gear. by the way, is this is a AWD Model? for that Price, it's well worth it.

Edited by Ruslan
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for your reply.. As I was told, CR book status 'New' is a recent addition apart from 'Brand New' or 'Reconditioned' statuses . Anyway this requires further clarification. This vehicle is a 2WD for your information. 

As you mentioned, I too felt that this vehicle for this price tag was really worth & good value for money and highly "underrated".. 

Anyway let's do further research and see.. The other experts, please share your views and thoughts as well!! 

On 2/16/2019 at 1:54 PM, Ahan said:

However, I'm little hesitant to go for it as this vehicle is too new to SL market and yet to catch up with the market. As such, availability of spare parts in future shall be a big question and there is no an authorised agent (even not A*W) dealing with this vehicle or the spare parts.. 

When I read about the car last year I expected this to be the next vezel of sorts since it really does look like a very good brand new option for the price you pay. However the car has been met with very lukewarm response in the country surprisingly. I have nothing against the looks and it does seem to be a very well put together car.  The engine is of course the 1L boosterjet shared with the Baleno, Swift as well as the new 1L Vitara. However for some reason even the baleno has not quite caught on yet - A*W are too happy with their Maruti's and wagon R's i guess to care about these and the fear of spares might be the reason holding people back (contrast this with the new civic since the honda agents are also bringing down the same model parts will probably be not an issue) 

12 hours ago, Ruslan said:

Brand New status can be stated in the CR for cars which got down by Authorized Agents

You have to get the car weighed and some measurements done to be stated as 'New' in the CR - plus clearing charges from port (for an import) is a bit higher. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...