• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

2017 Civic Air Conditioning

anushax

Question

Chiming in here the AC in my 2018 Civic Hatch stopped cooling as well. Turned out the condenser had massive leaks in multiple places. Car had only done 5000 Kms. Got a new condenser and had to refill R1234yf gas. Total cost 130K!!

Seems to be an inherent problem with inferior materials used on the condenser. A quick search says that this is a common issue. Also as the car is low to the ground and has a front grille that has large openings the condenser can be prone to debris damage.

May be worthwhile for anyone buying a new civic to get this checked out before taking delivery from your importer.

Edited by RWD
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

On 4/25/2019 at 10:09 AM, RWD said:

Chiming in here the AC in my 2018 Civic Hatch stopped cooling as well. Turned out the condenser had massive leaks in multiple places. Car had only done 5000 Kms. Got a new condenser and had to refill R1234yf gas. Total cost 130K!!

Seems to be an inherent problem with inferior materials used on the condenser. A quick search says that this is a common issue. Also as the car is low to the ground and has a front grille that has large openings the condenser can be prone to debris damage.

May be worthwhile for anyone buying a new civic to get this checked out before taking delivery from your importer.

Did you buy the car at 0 mileage? if not  would it be possible that the car was damaged upon import or is it as you mentioned due to debris damage while driving locally? 

4 minutes ago, matroska said:

Did you buy the car at 0 mileage? if not  would it be possible that the car was damaged upon import or is it as you mentioned due to debris damage while driving locally? 

Yes 0 mileage and no signs the car was involved any crashes or anything.  I find it hard to believe there was debris damage locally. I did a couple of expressway runs but the car is primarily driven in bumper to bumper Colombo traffic and its not like we hit very high speeds in Sri Lanka. I too drive like a grandma and never exceed the speed limit.

I have escalated it to my importer but it came with a limited warranty so I have my doubts they will assist. But there is no way a condenser should pack up so early. The AC repair guys said a whole bunch of Civics have come in recently for the same problems so it sounds like a QC issue.

RWD

•  
  • RWD
  • Members
  • 271 posts

Could u please let me know where u did the repair 

On 2/20/2019 at 6:56 PM, anushax said:

hello guys. Thanks for the help. I got it resolved but in the hard way. I'm posting it here so someone else would find it helpful. 

Actually I went to sta**rd, and they said, there was no gas. Since they does not have R1234-yf gas with them, I went to media*a*r at peliyagoda. They checked the system and said, condenser has leaks and need to be replaced. condenser itself costs around 55k. what they have is Thailand made condenser and there seems to be no other option as agents does not have any of it. Also gas is not cheap either. They quote 65k. Also they said even some other brandnew(since mine is recon from UK) civics came with the same issue, and it seems to be a factory fault/ o(or climate issue). There were no signs of crash or any sort of thing, but condenser had leaks somehow. 

Hi Anushax. can you give me a contact no and the name of this place you get the repair done. Mine also has the same issue I guess as now the cool is not there at all. 

Having the same issue here. Civic 2018 only 11000km on the clock. I saw in another thread @misnad  has managed to get his condenser replaced and R1234yf pumped for around 70k. Where did you guys get it done for 130K? was it agent?

Edited by Goro

21 hours ago, Goro said:

Having the same issue here. Civic 2018 only 11000km on the clock. I saw in another thread @misnad  has managed to get his condenser replaced and R1234yf pumped for around 70k. Where did you guys get it done for 130K? was it agent?

130k was at Modern A*r Peliyagoda. This place was referred to me by the agent because they didn't have parts at the time

My air conditioner also sometimes gives out the wrong setting that I set it. It happened that instead of cold air, it gives out warm, and instead of warm cold. As always, I tried to fix it myself, but in the end I only made it worse. I had to call the masters from https://www.socool.sg/. They fixed it and everything worked well. When I saved up a new air conditioner, there were also knocked down settings, called them again. In general, always buy good air conditioners, so that you do not have to worry about their settings and do not call the masters once again. Good luck to you and your air conditioner LOL.

Edited by Bakstrit