• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Premio 2010 or Mazda 3 2014

Des

Question

4 answers to this question

What are your requirements?If it is driving pleasure,style and options Mazda wins.But if you prefer comfort,fuel economy,resale value and reliability Toyota wins.

p.s-It seems that you are refering to the non hybrid Mazda 3 which is a brand new imported one.So you’ll be getting very few options compared to the JDM hybrid variant.Mazda 3 will only have Cruise control over the Premio.Premio will have automatic climate control and adjustable rear seats.

Edited by alpha17

Premio has a cvt whilst Mazda 3 has a conventional auto box. So yes premio will slightly be economical on fuel. 

Premio has soft suspension whilst Mazda has slightly rigid suspension which helps in better handling. Having said that 3 is no means uncomfortable. May I know what your current vehicle is ? Because the feel is relative. 

Reliability wise, both cars will score the same. Mazda 3s are brandnew imports by local agents so if you can find a car post 2014 that will have couple of years agent warrantie left as well. Highly unlikely you will get a specimen with tampered mileages. On the other hand Premios are gray imports. We never know what they went through. 

You will not be able to make profits out of using a Mazda after 5 years. But the same point could be used to negotiate for a lower price when you are buying. 

You will miss some bells and whistles from the Mazda Axela which is the JDM, however you will get all you need in SL context. 

It will help you if you can test drive both cars. 

p.s. I am biased towards Mazda anyways :)

Edited by GK_007

Depends on what you want out of your car ? 

Just to add to what the others have said before - If it were my choice i'd go for the Mazda simply for the following factors.

1. Toyota's are overpriced in SL and the Premio is on the top of the overpriced list  - yes they are usually very reliable but paying exorbitant amounts of money for what is a essentially a decade old car is not something I'm happy with. 

2. Due to the whole resale mentality Premios and Toyota's are subject to a lot of fakery by Buyyas (Buying and Selling people) including running on open papers, poor maintenance , odo-tampering etc. 70% of the time if you go to buy an Allion/Premio/Corolla you'll find out the seller lives in Kohuwala, but the last entry on the book is a doctor from Badulla and the guy will say ' meka ape aiyage father in law ge car eka'  and that he mistakenly threw away all the maintenance records and emission certificates. 

• Like 2