• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota vitz/ Suzuki Swift/ Audi A1

kalupora

7 hours ago, kush said:

Euros have complex mechanical and electronics which need specialized tools / diagnostics and knowledge to maintain. Will need premium fuel, oils. If maintained properly technically should be as reliable as a Jap however it is not the case in SL for what ever the reason. May be it has something do do with our climate, heat, dust, humidity.

Many thanks for sharing your experiences....

• 1 month later...

Hey Vitzies,

Searching for a 2nd car these days and found one vitz at a car sale. Do you think if a vitz with following details is a genuine or localy assembled/scam?

Manufactured : 2016, push-start, multi function steering with 4 buttons on right side, start-stop, safety package with lane assist, 14600km, and has an Axio-type instrument panel with LED display etc!

Edited by ajm

2 hours ago, ajm said:

Hey Vitzies,

Searching for a 2nd car these days and found one vitz at a car sale. Do you think if a vitz with following details is a genuine or localy assembled/scam?

Manufactured : 2016, push-start, multi function steering with 4 buttons on right side, start-stop, safety package with lane assist, 14600km, and has an Axio-type instrument panel with LED display etc!

Yes I think details match with a genuine one. I got down mine (2016 Vitz F LED Edition) with 12500km mileage, Safety package with lane assist and other standard safety features but no multi function keys.

What do you mean by "Start-Stop"? Like in a traffic?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ajm said:

Hey Vitzies,

Check the auction sheet, jevic jaai, also does it have 6 speakers? If it doesnt have 6 speakers multifunction wheel is not oem

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ajm said:

Hey Vitzies,

For smart stop package you would get RPM gauge with multi colored MID so that part seems genuine.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, amsandun said:

Yes I think details match with a genuine one. I got down mine (2016 Vitz F LED Edition) with 12500km mileage, Safety package with lane assist and other standard safety features but no multi function keys.

What do you mean by "Start-Stop"? Like in a traffic?

yes, you can adjust after how long while staying in traffic the engine will shut off. So I guess only the mileage could be not genuine?

36 minutes ago, ajm said:

where should I look for the 6 speakers? doors,pillars?

Should have these 

tweeter.jpg

4 hours ago, ajm said:

Hey Vitzies,

send me the chassis number if don't mind. One of my friends checked out a vitz with the said features and found out it didn't even have an auction grading at the auction in Japan due to a major accident it had faced when we checked it from those paid auction sheet checking sites. I think it was a light blue colour one. he must have the paid auction sheet available with him even though he didn't buy the car.

• 11 months later...
On 2/9/2019 at 1:21 PM, alpha17 said:

If you prefer a just A-B transportation with reliability, comfort, fuel economy and resale value, it's the Vitz. It's a boring car to drive with very few options, but should be more comfortable than the swift. I haven't driven the A1 so I cannot comment about it. The Swift on the other hand is a much more engaging to drive and has a load of options plus okish fuel economy. Reliability-wise I think it's too early to comment because except for the known issue of the steering rack (which can be easily fixed at a very low price). Best thing is to list out what are your major concerns. Then make a checklist for each 3 cars.

Audi A1 will give you prestige, nice set of options and more driving pleasure. On the other hand you have to spend more for the maintenance and likely to loose more value when you sell it. Swift sits between the sweet spot of the three. It's a jap ride, so it might not be hard to sell as the Audi and will provide you an enjoyable driving experience at the expense of comfort. Vitz is just basic and practical car with a good level of comfort and reliability. On the other hand it's not sporty and will less likely to turn the heads of the neighborhood when you pass by:D

How do we know if the steering rack having an issue?
I own a swift, and when in I drive over potholes I hear a 'duk' sound. Could this be that? I was under the impression that his is break calipher problem.