• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

nsiva

Issue with Honda CR-V 2018 JDM

Hello friends,

I recently bought a Honda CR-V 2018 model from Japan (Ex-Masterpiece). Regarding the Honda Gathers Internavi it has few issues. 

1. The main menu or audio menu is not functioning. But by the steering multifunction can change the audio source.  When I digged into it, found out that the map sd card is missing. I thought the importer given one sd card it will be fine.  But it is only for the music rack and the map card slot was hiddden inside a cover. No solution was provided by petc* lan*a as well. The gathers set model is VRU-195CVi. The importer is telling the map card must be bought seperately from the dealer as it is not a factory option blah blah..

2. My question is the japan map is not important to me. It has apple car play where gmaps can be connected. But why the menu doesn’t function..?

Thank you  

Edited by nsiva

Some of the Jap sets do not function with out the map SD card, i had a similar issue with my Nissan Leaf few years back.

Card is usually standard with the set it would have been nicked at the port or your dealer. Ask them to get it fixed.

In my case they had to send back the head unit to Japan and get a new card programmed. Just inserting the card (copy) does not work either.

On 2/5/2019 at 7:39 AM, kush said:

Some of the Jap sets do not function with out the map SD card, i had a similar issue with my Nissan Leaf few years back.

Card is usually standard with the set it would have been nicked at the port or your dealer. Ask them to get it fixed.

In my case they had to send back the head unit to Japan and get a new card programmed. Just inserting the card (copy) does not work either.

Thanks kush for your feedback.