• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Issue with Honda CR-V 2018 JDM

nsiva

Hello friends,

I recently bought a Honda CR-V 2018 model from Japan (Ex-Masterpiece). Regarding the Honda Gathers Internavi it has few issues. 

1. The main menu or audio menu is not functioning. But by the steering multifunction can change the audio source.  When I digged into it, found out that the map sd card is missing. I thought the importer given one sd card it will be fine.  But it is only for the music rack and the map card slot was hiddden inside a cover. No solution was provided by petc* lan*a as well. The gathers set model is VRU-195CVi. The importer is telling the map card must be bought seperately from the dealer as it is not a factory option blah blah..

2. My question is the japan map is not important to me. It has apple car play where gmaps can be connected. But why the menu doesn’t function..?

Thank you  

Edited by nsiva

Some of the Jap sets do not function with out the map SD card, i had a similar issue with my Nissan Leaf few years back.

Card is usually standard with the set it would have been nicked at the port or your dealer. Ask them to get it fixed.

In my case they had to send back the head unit to Japan and get a new card programmed. Just inserting the card (copy) does not work either.

On 2/5/2019 at 7:39 AM, kush said:

Some of the Jap sets do not function with out the map SD card, i had a similar issue with my Nissan Leaf few years back.

Card is usually standard with the set it would have been nicked at the port or your dealer. Ask them to get it fixed.

In my case they had to send back the head unit to Japan and get a new card programmed. Just inserting the card (copy) does not work either.

Thanks kush for your feedback. 

• 5 months later...

There are cards for sale advertised in Ik***, whether they are worth the price i do not know

Else you will have to get a card down, your importer may be able to help you

Alternatively you will have the change the head unit, i don't think CRV has any vehicle functions in the main unit

Kush, Thank you for your prompt answer.  

However,  

1.       Please mention what do you mean by ‘cards for sale advertised in Ik***,’ . I could not find anything for “Gathers VRU-195CVi” and sd card sale for it. I only saw update for Australia and us ones?

2.       CRV has many settings in audio display I.e. Walk away auto lock, Android Auto, Vehicle LKAS … and some other settings are there.

Do you know, any local shop, who can provide sd card or hack / unlock this audio set?

Thanks

Edited by danss70

I've also run in to the same problem and the importer said they will get back with the maps SD card. If they do so I'll post the files here.

Alternatively are there any aftermarket headunits available in Sri Lanka? (Belsee, Joying?) There are quite a few brands offering these headunits on AliExpress but they cost 50k+ and shipping which might be a pain to clear from customs

14 hours ago, danss70 said:

1.       Please mention what do you mean by ‘cards for sale advertised in Ik***,’ . I could not find anything for “Gathers VRU-195CVi” and sd card sale for it. I only saw update for Australia and us ones?

There was an advert on Ikmun with a Gather Map SD Card for 10k

I meddled around head unit of my car nszt-y66t (Toyota) during the weekend

It goes to quick setup in the start up does not allow settings requesting for SD card

However Audio (Radio, Media in media SD, DVD/CD) works

Navigation and TV (Digital) any way will not work in SL

Car information too works however did not try changing due to lack of time (takes ages with google translate)

Only issue so far is could not access language menu without the SD card to if language could be changed.

Another things, is the vehicle time tied in with the Gathers headunit? I saw a blogpost or forum post which mentioned that the time is autoupdated through the headunit 3G/4G connection which does not work in SL.

Is this true? Because I didn't find a way to update the time on the vehicle and it seems to be stuck in Japanese time :|

@MADNESSSsss

1. access the menu : Yes ?
2. change language : not yet ? but trying

3. and stuff? : clock, not yet,

4. post the content of the SD : I can do that, but it won't help you, I think.

I tried cloning and imaging , Linux dd clone, but they didn't work. Possible reason is CID security linked software content of SD card. CID writing to sd card is only possible with certain hardware / laptops and sd also different to allow CID changing.  these sd cards are cheep but don't know about the equipment. i can still post it if you want(I'll accept BBQ offer ? ) .

I'll still have to explore this audio. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

1.       Apple car play working

Following are with my android phone!

2.       Android auto not working

3.       Bluetooth handsfree working

4.       Bluetooth internavi - not sure if it will work. I am still trying

5.       I have attached Car Radio FM Band Frequency Expander Converter - It is used to reduce FM 92-106 Mhz to 76-90 Mhz for conversion from ebay (US $5.65) + Rs 300.00 for fix. All radio channels working fine.

@kce991

Map SD card now not available in ###### but search in Google for “honda map sd card sri lanka”.

On 8/18/2019 at 8:46 AM, danss70 said:

1.       Apple car play working

Following are with my android phone!

2.       Android auto not working

3.       Bluetooth handsfree working

4.       Bluetooth internavi - not sure if it will work. I am still trying

5.       I have attached Car Radio FM Band Frequency Expander Converter - It is used to reduce FM 92-106 Mhz to 76-90 Mhz for conversion from ebay (US $5.65) + Rs 300.00 for fix. All radio channels working fine.

@kce991

Map SD card now not available in ###### but search in Google for “honda map sd card sri lanka”.

Android Auto not working  = probably because it's supported in Sri Lanka as a whole?

5. Could I get a link to the converter you used? Also, it shows the old bands on the display yeah?

Oh well, still waiting for my dealer to send me the SD Card ?

8 hours ago, MADNESSSsss said:

Android Auto not working  = probably because it's supported in Sri Lanka as a whole?

Although it's not officially supported, Android Auto does work in Sri Lanka. You can simply download the APK from a site like apkmirror and get going.

When @danss70 said Android Auto was not working, what cable did you use to connect to the car? It will not work with most cheap cables available in Sri Lanka as it uses a high speed data connection between the head unit and the phone. Try with the original data/charging cable that came with the phone. If thats not available, try with a UGreen data cable from ebay.

I'm using AA with Audi MMI since day one with zero issues. So it does work in SL. And Google Maps beats the hell out of any proprietary maps software car manufacturers have.

Edited by ramishkad
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, danss70 said:

@ramishkad

1. Android Auto has started working recently (2-3 wks) in Sri Lanka

2. it is working in my phone and other phones

3. I tried with the original cables

4. Android Auto is  not in VRU-195CVi menu or user guide

kindly let me know if anyone successfully got it working

By point #4, do you mean your head unit officially does not support Android Auto? If so, the chance of getting it to work by some hack are virtually zero.

Btw Android Auto is not officially supported in SL as of yet (the app is not available in SL play store). But if you downloaded the apk from an external site, it always worked in SL even when I tried it more than 6 months back.

On 8/20/2019 at 7:37 PM, danss70 said:

Nice. Will probably get one of those as SL doesn't seem to have aftermarket headunits for CRVs :(

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/19/2019 at 6:20 AM, danss70 said:

@MADNESSSsss

1. access the menu : Yes ?
2. change language : not yet ? but trying

3. and stuff? : clock, not yet,

4. post the content of the SD : I can do that, but it won't help you, I think.

I tried cloning and imaging , Linux dd clone, but they didn't work. Possible reason is CID security linked software content of SD card. CID writing to sd card is only possible with certain hardware / laptops and sd also different to allow CID changing.  these sd cards are cheep but don't know about the equipment. i can still post it if you want(I'll accept BBQ offer ? ) .

I'll still have to explore this audio. 

Dear Friend,

Were you able to change the language to English?

Appreciate if you could share the steps to do so.

Chapps