• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Issue with Honda CR-V 2018 JDM

nsiva

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/20/2019 at 7:37 PM, danss70 said:

Hi @danss70 I went around some shops over here and they had a blue colored Chinese version (Rs 1600) and a (Rs 2500) "Japanese" version.
When trying to install, they said they will have to cut the antenna wire and do some soldering to get it working, or we could use an adapter that is 3k.  What was your installation experience like?  Did you cut the antenna wire and install?

Also, how's the clarity of the FM bands after the installation?
:)

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 7:18 AM, Red Junior said:

anyone changed the time? i have both music rack and map sd cards. but still can't figure out to change the time 

Hi - were you able to change the time on gathers195 by following that video . If so grateful if you could spell out the steps. Thanks.

On 1/11/2020 at 3:26 PM, kalit said:

Hi - were you able to change the time on gathers195 by following that video . If so grateful if you could spell out the steps. Thanks.

Don't think it's possible on Gathers 195 because the time update is done by connecting to the internet through a dongle.. that dongle doesn't work here apparently... so we are stuck with the Japanese time :(

32 minutes ago, MADNESSSsss said:

Don't think it's possible on Gathers 195 because the time update is done by connecting to the internet through a dongle.. that dongle doesn't work here apparently... so we are stuck with the Japanese time :(

Dongle ? Really ?

Almost all Japanese car radios either use the GPS signal to update the time OR use the national time broadcast to set its time. All our old CR-Vs used the system and so did the other cars that had a radio clock.

Strange that your's need a dongle. Especially when the car is actually connected for all these various connectivity systems.

1 hour ago, iRage said:

Dongle ? Really ?

Almost all Japanese car radios either use the GPS signal to update the time OR use the national time broadcast to set its time. All our old CR-Vs used the system and so did the other cars that had a radio clock.

Strange that your's need a dongle. Especially when the car is actually connected for all these various connectivity systems.

agJmylO.jpg

PGt7Xdx.jpg

UqZ1p8M.jpg

This is the component... I guess you can call it a dongle? 

Got the previous info from this thread itself, and one poster had been able to set the time correctly by installing a separate Android headunit, but had gone back to the Japanese time once he switched back to the Gathers headunit. 

Oh well, reducing 3.30 hours mentally all the time isn't too much of a chore I guess ?

Edited by MADNESSSsss
grammar

aha ! Its not the head unit it is the system that the head unit is running on.

The dongle is there to set the system and yes some (depending on the model) had a connectivity to ..I think Softbank...to get some telecom carriers services (emergency response, traffic info, etc)

Also, as you know InterNavi Linc is Honda's vehicle telemetry system. That dongle is a licensing dongle that has subscription and licensing information for your vehicle telemetry system (it should have some license files and config files for system restoration if you plug it in to a PC).

The dongle does not set the time...the dongle lets you open up the InterNavi Linc system and set the various subscription services. When you configure INL it looks for the GPS data for position setting using the vehicle's GPS system (in older systems it looked for the radio time stamp). So it is not that the dongle does not work..it is that the GPS data in SL does not get comprehended by the system :) 

• Like 1

you might be able to setup the time properly using the Gathers head unit. As @iRage mentioned Internavi is Honda's system of gathering telemetry data and also providing traffic and navigation related services.

In my Civic there's an internavi premium Japanese head-unit (pretty old one) and that updates time based on a GPS signal. But, yes the time is set according to Japanese time zone.

However, there was a setting in the head-unit to adjust the displayed time by adding/ subtracting some hours/ minutes from the time fetched via the GPS signal so it displays the relevant time here in SL once adjusted. I found about this setting through a YouTube video as once when my head-unit was removed to fix a screen mirroring device to my car and they forgot to connect the GPS receiver related wire or something and the time was no longer displayed on the head unit. Then they removed the unit again and reconnected but then the time displayed was Japanese standard time.

Try to find a Japanese tutorial regarding the specific Gathers head-unit most probably there'll be a similar setting for your head-unit as well.

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 1:44 PM, kce991 said:

@MADNESSSsss - I think since the Gathers one supports Apple CarPlay life has become a bit easier. It shows the time on my phone and can use maps. But the time in the multi info display is still the Jap time. 

Nope, unfortunately  the time did reset after I changed from Android to Gathers. 

Hi - I have given up on trying to adjust time.

Now trying to connect Apple Carplay from my iPhone SE to Gathers. Unsuccessful so far.

May I ask what model your iPhone is? Does your iphone settings show a Carplay icon?

thanks

On 1/17/2020 at 4:25 PM, kalit said:

Hi - I have given up on trying to adjust time.

Now trying to connect Apple Carplay from my iPhone SE to Gathers. Unsuccessful so far.

May I ask what model your iPhone is? Does your iphone settings show a Carplay icon?

thanks

I've successfully connected to Apple Car Play on iPhone 7, 8 and XS by just plugging in the phone via the USB port near the glove box/middle storage area.

Any specific issue you are running in to while trying to connect to Apple Car Play?

Some iPhone SE people have run in to issues and the following step has helped them

You need to check whether restrictions are on/off for Carplay.. Disable restrictions and see if Carplay works.

Edited by MADNESSSsss
grammar

I am sorry, I had a chuckle reading this. I haven't really explored the options and most likely it is less than the JDM. But the Thai brand new import's stereo is in English and it sort of does the job. I wonder if these units are a straight swap. In time there will be UK market used units as well with more options.

But great to read the efforts on getting the JDM units to work and sorry to hear about SD cards being stolen. This is why I hate the Ro-RO method of transport, even if it is cheaper.

• Sad 1

On 7/19/2019 at 6:20 AM, danss70 said:

@MADNESSSsss

1. access the menu : Yes ?
2. change language : not yet ? but trying

3. and stuff? : clock, not yet,

4. post the content of the SD : I can do that, but it won't help you, I think.

I tried cloning and imaging , Linux dd clone, but they didn't work. Possible reason is CID security linked software content of SD card. CID writing to sd card is only possible with certain hardware / laptops and sd also different to allow CID changing.  these sd cards are cheep but don't know about the equipment. i can still post it if you want(I'll accept BBQ offer ? ) .

I'll still have to explore this audio. 

Hello friends,

I recently bought Honda CR-V EX-Masterpiece 2018 model from Japan.The dealer sent the Gathers VRU-195CVi Map SD card along with the spare key.

I tried to access the main menu by inserting the map card into the map card slot, but the display shows an error message. (Could not start normally due to map data error.)

Then after clicking map update button it shows another error message.(Version upgrade failed.)

Can anyone help me access the main menu?

Screenshot_2020-01-21-23-06-32-227_com.google.android.apps.translate.png

Screenshot_2020-01-21-23-07-00-511_com.google.android.apps.translate.png

Screenshot_2020-01-21-23-07-24-098_com.google.android.apps.translate.png

Edited by Harish Balahewa

9 hours ago, Harish Balahewa said:

Hello friends,

I recently bought Honda CR-V EX-Masterpiece 2018 model from Japan.The dealer sent the Gathers VRU-195CVi Map SD card along with the spare key.

I tried to access the main menu by inserting the map card into the map card slot, but the display shows an error message. (Could not start normally due to map data error.)

Then after clicking map update button it shows another error message.(Version upgrade failed.)

Can anyone help me access the main menu?

Screenshot_2020-01-21-23-06-32-227_com.google.android.apps.translate.png

Screenshot_2020-01-21-23-07-00-511_com.google.android.apps.translate.png

Screenshot_2020-01-21-23-07-24-098_com.google.android.apps.translate.png