• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Civic Sedan 2019

Lalik

Hello!

Well first of all this topic is about Honda Civic Sedans not Honda Civic Hatchbacks.... 

Honda civic sedan 2019 when you go to official website or even to stafford motors website they show 1.5L turbo engine model and 1.6L engine model which are about 90M rupees. But in all other places what you can find is 1000cc turbo engine sedan. I tried to find that model in Honda website but I couldn't find it(I'm not an expert.. maybe I missed it ?) So this Honda Civic Sedan 1000cc turbo engine costs roughly 70M -72M right now. What my questions are...

1) is 1000cc turbo engine is really enough for that huge vehicle, I mean performance? In hill country will it perform well? (Please see attached photos)

2) Why cannot we find Honda Civic Sedan 1000cc turbo engine model in Honda website? (If someone found it please send me the link)

3)  I have seen lot of Honda Civic Hatchbacks for sale.. if you go to ###### or any other website you can at least find 10 to 20 used honda civic hatchbacks for sale that are run less than 10000kms... why is everyone selling it? Is there any failure? If there is will it be same with the Honda Civic sedan 1000Cc turbo engine model? 

Thank you.. I know its a big topic... I really need help and even car sale owners seem not aware about models and stuff... Thanks in advance!

Cheers

Lali ?

IMG-20190202-WA0025.jpg

IMG-20190202-WA0030.jpg

IMG-20190202-WA0026.jpg

I have a 2018 hatchback and myself and quite a few others have written about the 1.0 turbo and how it pulls extensively in a few other posts. Anyway to answer your questions. 

1. I have only driven to kandy once and never felt the 1.0 struggling. Drop it to S use the paddle shifters and it has ample torque to get up and go. This was with 4 people in the car and luggage. Of course 2 of them were little kids so if you have a young family no issue. On the expressway the car is a nice cosy cruiser and is much more refined option than the mazda3 for example. 

2. Don't know about that. The 1.0 turbo hatchback is built in honda 's plant in Swindon and exported all over the world. Don't know about the sedan. Did you check honda UK website?

3. No reports of failure but the car costs a bit more to service and run because of the turbo. There were lots of cars sold because of the good pricing with our duty structure so naturally you will see more on the second hand market. It was the same with the vezels. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Lalik said:

1) is 1000cc turbo engine is really enough for that huge vehicle, I mean performance? In hill country will it perform well? (Please see attached photos)

2) Why cannot we find Honda Civic Sedan 1000cc turbo engine model in Honda website? (If someone found it please send me the link)

3)  I have seen lot of Honda Civic Hatchbacks for sale.. if you go to ###### or any other website you can at least find 10 to 20 used honda civic hatchbacks for sale that are run less than 10000kms... why is everyone selling it? Is there any failure? If there is will it be same with the Honda Civic sedan 1000Cc turbo engine model? 

1) Yes - I don't know about the extreme hill country but on normal roads and up the average hilly path it handles ok.  As RWD mentioned engage S in the gear and turn off the Eco-mode and enjoy. There was a FB video recently of an idiot doing 190+ in a Civic Hatch (comes with the same P10A2 Engine)  while we don't  condone that kind of driving i guess that shows that the 1L turbo is able to produce a fair amount of power.

2) Not quite sure AFAIK it should be there in the UK honda website? Why don't you actually contact St#### motors than just checking out the website I don't think they care to update their website.- they do bring down the  1L Hatch. 

3) This is normal for any vehicle that causes a 'trend' - during mid last year the sterling pound went down to as low sa 204 LKR mid last year and at that time the Civic was real value for money so folks brought them down en-masse.. same case in the 2013-15 Era when hybrids flooded the market.  One more contributing factor could be some folk thought the 1L engine to give hybrid-like fuel figures and 10 KMPL on average kind of de-boned them. This is nothing to do with the car but to do with Sri Lankan logic. 

BTW are you the same guy who asked about this (lot of cars for sale less than 1000 km)  in the FB group for this model?

• Thanks 1

@matroska hey man thanks. Yes as both of you explained its the usual case for the question number 3 I asked.... happy to hear that Honda civic owners are really happy with their car! Well I want to buy honda civic... problem is I am confused in selecting between Honda Civic hatchback and honda civic sedan 1000cc.. ?? hahaa noo i didn't ask about that in a FB page. This js the first time I am asking about it.  Its because I love new honda civic and I don't want it to be a bad car lol ??

Edited by Lalik

14 hours ago, Lalik said:

@matroska hey man thanks. Yes as both of you explained its the usual case for the question number 3 I asked.... happy to hear that Honda civic owners are really happy with their car! Well I want to buy honda civic... problem is I am confused in selecting between Honda Civic hatchback and honda civic sedan 1000cc.. ?? hahaa noo i didn't ask about that in a FB page. This js the first time I am asking about it.  Its because I love new honda civic and I don't want it to be a bad car lol ??

Nothing to be confused about it is all down to personal preference. Both cars have identical specs. The only thing is I do not think the sedan comes with adaptive dampers like the top spec hatch. Some people prefer the looks of the sedan more but I needed the versatility of the Hatch with its cargo space. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I'm new to this Blog and seeking some feedback with regard to the 2019 Sedan.

I just got down the car at "4km mileage" . My dash board indicates the Collision Mitigation Break system and Lane departure warning lights which I was told its due to a factory fitting failure... However my dealer agreed to replace the said unit (Which is located center top of the front wind screen) after inspecting at Stafford today ...

Need to know,

1) Whether anyone has experienced the same and could there be such factory faults?

2) Will this affect any of the other safety functions in the car (Such as Adaptive cruise control, Hill Start Assist, Blind Spot Information incl. Cross Traffic Monitor) ?

3) Any other precautionary steps I need to take before start using the car?

Thanks in advance for your feedback and assistance....

Thanks,

Akitha.

Warning lights do not come up with out a reason, better get your car inspected.

Hope it is not a accident repair. I've noticed many UK imports which are category D (insurance write off, repaired)

16 hours ago, Akitha said:

Hi,

I'm new to this Blog and seeking some feedback with regard to the 2019 Sedan.

I just got down the car at "4km mileage" . My dash board indicates the Collision Mitigation Break system and Lane departure warning lights which I was told its due to a factory fitting failure... However my dealer agreed to replace the said unit (Which is located center top of the front wind screen) after inspecting at Stafford today ...

Need to know,

1) Whether anyone has experienced the same and could there be such factory faults?

2) Will this affect any of the other safety functions in the car (Such as Adaptive cruise control, Hill Start Assist, Blind Spot Information incl. Cross Traffic Monitor) ?

3) Any other precautionary steps I need to take before start using the car?

Thanks in advance for your feedback and assistance....

Thanks,

Akitha.

First time I have heard that this is a factory fault. Even if it was- the 2019 models should have rectified the it as its a facelift. Having said that I have got the errors before on my 2018 hatch and according to the user manual it can happen when the sensor gets heated or dirt and dust build up. The lights have gone away after driving for a few minutes.

On your second question- when it happened to me it affected my Adaptive Cruise Control but other functions worked. But like I said all the warning lights went away after driving a few kms.

Once Stafford scans the car let us know what the outcome is.

@kush Thanks for the feedback... I have received the BV test reports which seems to be perfect and I will be getting my other documents today. I will check the category as well. My dealer is a trustworthy person and I have imported many vehicles through him but never know what happens back in UK.... Shall keep you informed... Thanks...

@RWD Thanks for the feedback.. Even I was worried when they said a factory fault.. I have heard during shipping they remove battery wires and I'm wondering at the port when they fixed it back have they messed it up... Anyway I can drive and see the outcome.. Also my dealer agreed to fix it by replacing after UK dealers feedback... Shall drive a bit and certainly get back with the outcome... Thanks once again...

On a separate note today RMV refused to register the car under year 2019 though all documents are intact for 2019. They say some serial number has not been updated for UK imported vehicles and it will be only updated by end JUNE, hence still registrations happen as 2018... Anyone experienced the same for UK imported Honda , Audi or Mercs....?  

• 1 month later...
On 2/3/2019 at 11:01 PM, Prangi said:
On 2/3/2019 at 4:07 AM, Lalik said:

Hello!

Well first of all this topic is about Honda Civic Sedans not Honda Civic Hatchbacks.... 

Honda civic sedan 2019 when you go to official website or even to stafford motors website they show 1.5L turbo engine model and 1.6L engine model which are about 90M rupees. But in all other places what you can find is 1000cc turbo engine sedan. I tried to find that model in Honda website but I couldn't find it(I'm not an expert.. maybe I missed it ?) So this Honda Civic Sedan 1000cc turbo engine costs roughly 70M -72M right now. What my questions are...

Thank you.. I know its a big topic... I really need help and even car sale owners seem not aware about models and stuff... Thanks in advance!

Cheers

Lali ?

IMG-20190202-WA0025.jpg

IMG-20190202-WA0030.jpg

IMG-20190202-WA0026.jpg

This January bring down my Honda Sedan EX 2018 1.0 Turbo. So far there is no issues. and I went Nuwara Eliya with my family. 4 seater used. and I have extra added Spare wheel. (UK version doesn't come with spare wheel).  I didn't find any pick up issues. Car is smooth. so far I have done 2200 Km..  

Guys anybody can suggest for the maintenance place?

Some of the comments said, Honda dealer Raththanapitiya is not up to the standard. and poor service standard following.

Anybody experienced such??

With my previous Honda FIT Hybrid, I have done 5 years maintenance with Mahesh Motors Makola. I can recommend that place for anybody who's having Hybrids.

The owner (Mahesh or his brother) personally do the trial before start maintenance. and after finishing too, inspect the car with trial run.

They do Hybrid scanning as well.

5 hours ago, Damien79 said:

ome of the comments said, Honda dealer Raththanapitiya is not up to the standard.

unfortunately yes there's been a lot of negative rep of late. I myself have been going to the agents Maradana service center and so far have not had any issues. I still continue to do so.

@Damien79 well I did my first service to my brand new honda civic EX sedan from Stafford motors Ja-ela after running 5000kms. Overall I am happy with the service they performed. Total cost was 14 500. And I am definitely going there for my 2nd service as well. Go on a weekday if possible so there are less vehicles and they are not in a rush. 

1 hour ago, Lalik said:

@Damien79 well I did my first service to my brand new honda civic EX sedan from Stafford motors Ja-ela after running 5000kms. Overall I am happy with the service they performed. Total cost was 14 500. And I am definitely going there for my 2nd service as well. Go on a weekday if possible so there are less vehicles and they are not in a rush. 

What Oil did you use? 

19 hours ago, matroska said:

unfortunately yes there's been a lot of negative rep of late. I myself have been going to the agents Maradana service center and so far have not had any issues. I still continue to do so.

Thank You matroska

On 2/2/2019 at 3:07 PM, Lalik said:

Honda civic sedan 2019 when you go to official website or even to stafford motors website they show 1.5L turbo engine model and 1.6L engine model which are about 90M rupees.

I've heard some bad things about the Civic & CR-V 1.5T engine.

https://www.torquenews.com/1084/honda-civic-cr-v-oil-dilution-problem-what-you-should-do-now

posting here after long time.

I ran 2019 Honda civic sedan EX 1.0 for about 700 kms, 40% highway, 60% in Colombo traffic. It rated 8.8/100Km,  little above 11Km/L. This is with ECO off. Pulling is ok, should rev above 2000 rpm [2400-2600] for rapid pickup. Only issue so far is rear sub whopper's excessive vibration for bass of certain music.

C9D23DC1-BD01-4356-B096-54CE7AF98B6E.jpeg

Problem is only in very cold weather and in cars which runs short trips in cold weather.

I do not think it will be applicable here in SL

I've heard some bad things about the Civic & CR-V 1.5T engine.
https://www.torquenews.com/1084/honda-civic-cr-v-oil-dilution-problem-what-you-should-do-now

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using AutoLanka.com mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I ran 2019 Honda civic sedan EX 1.0 for about 700 kms, 40% highway, 60% in Colombo traffic. It rated 8.8/100Km,  little above 11Km/L. This is with ECO off. Pulling is ok, should rev above 2000 rpm [2400-2600] for rapid pickup. Only issue so far is rear sub whopper's excessive vibration for bass of certain music.
C9D23DC1-BD01-4356-B096-54CE7AF98B6E.thumb.jpeg.8f0b664a3975c8259966eb9d36c2cc71.jpeg
The efficiency here is on the way back from Ella.

(But my car is a 1.5 turbo though)

Recently did a trip to Mapalagama from Union Place and it averaged around 15kmpl (including expressway).IMG_20181120_204701.jpeg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using AutoLanka.com mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Have you checked the accuracy of the reading. Generally they are 5-10% optimistic.

My good old CRV was very accurate when compared with brim to brim figures, hardly any difference

Kia Picanto 10% off

Edited by kush

7 hours ago, kush said:

Have you checked the accuracy of the reading. Generally they are 5-10% optimistic.

My good old CRV was very accurate when compared with brim to brim figures, hardly any difference

Kia Picanto 10% off

Mine is pretty accurate on efficiency on meter compared to brim to brim 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/24/2019 at 11:56 AM, Nozozo said:

C9D23DC1-BD01-4356-B096-54CE7AF98B6E.jpeg

Little above 11Km/L is good figure.

Even after maintenance, my one does not more than 8Km/L

On 7/21/2019 at 2:29 PM, Damien79 said:

Thank You matroska

Last week I was did my car first maintenance at Stafford Maradhana. and this is the 1st time I have taken my car to the agent for maintenance.

my 1st experience is negative. may be I'm comparing with other places. actually I thought Agent having well trained & proper maintenance with good environment. but actually not.

as usual majority places, Stafford too concerning about polishing n giving nice look car. but main thing would be Service related oil, filter replacements. During service, 5-6 times power went off and Even generator failed due to mainline short circuit. finally I had to ask them not to vacuum and return the car.

Also observed another incident at same place. another guy who owned of Honda Fit GP5 done the service and during car handed over time, Honda employee (seems team leader grade) open the door unprofessional way. n there is small space between door and wall, n  caused door edge hit the wall n damaged paint. and the owner complain this incident to the management and initially refused and passing ball. As I'm witnessed the incident, I have told them that it was a mistake from the Honda guy.

So all these incident, this will be my last 1st & last day with Honda service with Stafford.

and more encourage my known place for maintenance. and that place thousand times better than Honda.