• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Lalik

Honda Civic Sedan 2019

Hello!

Well first of all this topic is about Honda Civic Sedans not Honda Civic Hatchbacks.... 

Honda civic sedan 2019 when you go to official website or even to stafford motors website they show 1.5L turbo engine model and 1.6L engine model which are about 90M rupees. But in all other places what you can find is 1000cc turbo engine sedan. I tried to find that model in Honda website but I couldn't find it(I'm not an expert.. maybe I missed it 🤭) So this Honda Civic Sedan 1000cc turbo engine costs roughly 70M -72M right now. What my questions are...

1) is 1000cc turbo engine is really enough for that huge vehicle, I mean performance? In hill country will it perform well? (Please see attached photos)

2) Why cannot we find Honda Civic Sedan 1000cc turbo engine model in Honda website? (If someone found it please send me the link)

3)  I have seen lot of Honda Civic Hatchbacks for sale.. if you go to ###### or any other website you can at least find 10 to 20 used honda civic hatchbacks for sale that are run less than 10000kms... why is everyone selling it? Is there any failure? If there is will it be same with the Honda Civic sedan 1000Cc turbo engine model? 

Thank you.. I know its a big topic... I really need help and even car sale owners seem not aware about models and stuff... Thanks in advance!

Cheers

Lali 😀

IMG-20190202-WA0025.jpg

IMG-20190202-WA0030.jpg

IMG-20190202-WA0026.jpg

I have a 2018 hatchback and myself and quite a few others have written about the 1.0 turbo and how it pulls extensively in a few other posts. Anyway to answer your questions. 

1. I have only driven to kandy once and never felt the 1.0 struggling. Drop it to S use the paddle shifters and it has ample torque to get up and go. This was with 4 people in the car and luggage. Of course 2 of them were little kids so if you have a young family no issue. On the expressway the car is a nice cosy cruiser and is much more refined option than the mazda3 for example. 

2. Don't know about that. The 1.0 turbo hatchback is built in honda 's plant in Swindon and exported all over the world. Don't know about the sedan. Did you check honda UK website?

3. No reports of failure but the car costs a bit more to service and run because of the turbo. There were lots of cars sold because of the good pricing with our duty structure so naturally you will see more on the second hand market. It was the same with the vezels. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Lalik said:

1) is 1000cc turbo engine is really enough for that huge vehicle, I mean performance? In hill country will it perform well? (Please see attached photos)

2) Why cannot we find Honda Civic Sedan 1000cc turbo engine model in Honda website? (If someone found it please send me the link)

3)  I have seen lot of Honda Civic Hatchbacks for sale.. if you go to ###### or any other website you can at least find 10 to 20 used honda civic hatchbacks for sale that are run less than 10000kms... why is everyone selling it? Is there any failure? If there is will it be same with the Honda Civic sedan 1000Cc turbo engine model? 

1) Yes - I don't know about the extreme hill country but on normal roads and up the average hilly path it handles ok.  As RWD mentioned engage S in the gear and turn off the Eco-mode and enjoy. There was a FB video recently of an idiot doing 190+ in a Civic Hatch (comes with the same P10A2 Engine)  while we don't  condone that kind of driving i guess that shows that the 1L turbo is able to produce a fair amount of power.

2) Not quite sure AFAIK it should be there in the UK honda website? Why don't you actually contact St#### motors than just checking out the website I don't think they care to update their website.- they do bring down the  1L Hatch. 

3) This is normal for any vehicle that causes a 'trend' - during mid last year the sterling pound went down to as low sa 204 LKR mid last year and at that time the Civic was real value for money so folks brought them down en-masse.. same case in the 2013-15 Era when hybrids flooded the market.  One more contributing factor could be some folk thought the 1L engine to give hybrid-like fuel figures and 10 KMPL on average kind of de-boned them. This is nothing to do with the car but to do with Sri Lankan logic. 

BTW are you the same guy who asked about this (lot of cars for sale less than 1000 km)  in the FB group for this model?

• Thanks 1

@RWD Hey man thanks for the nice explanation. About the question asked... yes I checked in the official Honda UK website and couldn't find about it...😔

@matroska hey man thanks. Yes as both of you explained its the usual case for the question number 3 I asked.... happy to hear that Honda civic owners are really happy with their car! Well I want to buy honda civic... problem is I am confused in selecting between Honda Civic hatchback and honda civic sedan 1000cc.. 🙄😶 hahaa noo i didn't ask about that in a FB page. This js the first time I am asking about it.  Its because I love new honda civic and I don't want it to be a bad car lol 😕😌

Edited by Lalik

2 hours ago, Lalik said:

I checked in the official Honda UK website and couldn't find about it...😔

How did you miss this one?

https://www.honda.co.uk/cars/new/civic-4-door/specifications.html

14 hours ago, Lalik said:

@matroska hey man thanks. Yes as both of you explained its the usual case for the question number 3 I asked.... happy to hear that Honda civic owners are really happy with their car! Well I want to buy honda civic... problem is I am confused in selecting between Honda Civic hatchback and honda civic sedan 1000cc.. 🙄😶 hahaa noo i didn't ask about that in a FB page. This js the first time I am asking about it.  Its because I love new honda civic and I don't want it to be a bad car lol 😕😌

Nothing to be confused about it is all down to personal preference. Both cars have identical specs. The only thing is I do not think the sedan comes with adaptive dampers like the top spec hatch. Some people prefer the looks of the sedan more but I needed the versatility of the Hatch with its cargo space.