• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Car tyre size increase

balapas

Question

4 answers to this question

The new tyre will give the overall wheel a larger diameter than stock, which will:

- Slightly increase ride height (by about 6mm)

- Cause the speedometer to indicate slightly lower than the correct speed (by a negligible amount) 

The best alternative would be 195/65/15 or 185/60/15 which might be hard to find. 

Go to the below website, type in the two tyre sizes and check for yourself:

https://tiresize.com/comparison/

Why do you want to upsize anyway? 

Edited by Davy

21 hours ago, Davy said:

The new tyre will give the overall wheel a larger diameter than stock, which will:

- Slightly increase ride height (by about 6mm)

- Cause the speedometer to indicate slightly lower than the correct speed (by a negligible amount) 

The best alternative would be 195/65/15 or 185/60/15 which might be hard to find. 

Go to the below website, type in the two tyre sizes and check for yourself:

https://tiresize.com/comparison/

Why do you want to upsize anyway? 

Garage owner told me will have less ground clearance issues. I wonder whether there is any fuel saving in the long run.

1 hour ago, balapas said:

Garage owner told me will have less ground clearance issues. I wonder whether there is any fuel saving in the long run.

Well the additional clearance you're going to get is 6mm as I've mentioned above. 

Fuel saving, no. The replacement tyre is 10mm wider than stock, which will contribute to the tyre footprint being larger on all corners and thereby cause a bit more drag than stock while improving handling (and looks) of the car.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, balapas said:

Did you search the forum ? There was a old thread which discussed about same thing. (I will find it for you when get a free time).

P.S : Here are some threads

Edited by kusumsiri
Added links
  • Thanks 1