• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

LED headlamp bulbs

Rohana Perera

2 hours ago, mash1981 said:

Try powerbulbs its a eu site.they ship to srilanka.

https://www.powerbulbs.com/eu/store/category/led-car-bulbs

All seem to be having 6000K or closer to 6000K color temperature. How good are LEDs with 6000K in wet weather? I'm asking because I wasn't happy with 6000K HIDs in wet weather. I almost felt like driving without lights.

Anything after 6000k is horrid in fog and gloomy weather with rains

Always leave atleast a fog light set with standard halogen for emergencies,  I've had to pull over and swap in my h11 globes once after going all led

13 hours ago, Rohana Perera said:

Where can I buy Philips LED headlight lamp bulbs in Sri Lanka

Genuine Philips or osram leds will run near 300usd more for shipping and customs, I doubt it will not be that feasible blowing 40 grand for blue light when there are other cheaper options with the same lifespan

1 hour ago, kmeeg said:

All seem to be having 6000K or closer to 6000K color temperature. How good are LEDs with 6000K in wet weather? I'm asking because I wasn't happy with 6000K HIDs in wet weather. I almost felt like driving without lights.

No idea bro i use halogen.they are fine for me.whats the car? You already have leds in your car Or trying to shift from halogens to leds?

Check their halogen range https://www.powerbulbs.com/eu/store/category/car-bulbs/fitting/h4-472

5 hours ago, kmeeg said:

Even 4300K HID is somewhat difficult to drive with in rain. As TIV mentioned if you are going down the route of HID/LED you need to have a set of yellow bulbs(halogen or 3000k HID/LED) in your vehicle.

5 hours ago, tiv said:

Anything after 6000k is horrid in fog and gloomy weather with rains

Always leave atleast a fog light set with standard halogen for emergencies,  I've had to pull over and swap in my h11 globes once after going all led

Would it be taxed? I have brought down HID kits in the past and they came through customs without a problem.

Is it legal to have 3000k headlamp bulbs?

10 hours ago, tiv said:

Genuine Philips or osram leds will run near 300usd more for shipping and customs, I doubt it will not be that feasible blowing 40 grand for blue light when there are other cheaper options with the same lifespan

Osram LED F1s are below 100. However they are styling bulbs pretty much useless in any sort of weather. But looks good. Even the more expensive ones that come with DRLs are pretty bad in terms of visibility.