• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Horn replacement on 2000 toyota platz

Lehan

Hey guys,

I have a toyota platz 2000 model and it is a basic with no power shutters and power mirrors. 

And it has a very old school type of horn which does not even work very well...

And I used to bring some cool horn for my car..  And i just bought it home only I realised that my car's horn has only a one power line coming(only one clip / pin on the horn).... And i was amazed...

And I have bought a premium dual horn from Mrhorn (the brand).. and it is a model which is call snail horn and it has 2 pins on each horn...

And can i know how can i connect this type of dual snail horn to my car which has only a one power line coming to the horn...

Reply even to my mobile number 0720603403

The original horn's negative line is the mounting screw itself. The wire that goes into the horn is the positive line.

Your new snail type horn's negative terminal can be connected to the chassis of the car by a short piece of wire. The best place to connect it to would be one of the screws in the horn mounting bracket itself. The positive line can be directly connected to the wire that's already on the car. 

If the new horn draws more current than the fuse connected to the horn circuit, it makes sense to wire the new horn through a relay to protect the circuit.

• Like 1