• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Grace 2015 or Axio 2015 or Premio 2012 ?

Car_noob

13 minutes ago, trish_auto said:

Go for a Premio, its safer than any other models, ?

02.jpg.4c6e3ae955fd047adb278756c07e827c.jpg

04.jpg.6eb621cec31e34db42a1e32f64482a7f.jpg

03.jpg

well you really can't blame the car for this - it was overloaded and driven like idiots.  When you ask for trouble you usually get it

• Like 2

Issue is not the car but the truck to which it ran in to I assume

If this worked damage might have been less, it seems that the car went under the truck causing excessive damage in the windscreen area. Crumple zone would not have been effective.

In developed countries there are safety standards on truck safety bars which is suppose to avoid any vehicle going under at a reasonable speed.

SL is full of Indian S**t which does not give crap on road safety to ones on board and other vehicles.

image.png.5d8fc916b5522ceb5bcea5baa231283f.png

On 1/20/2019 at 3:47 PM, Car_noob said:

Hello Everyone,

I am not much of a car expert and I am to buy a personnel vehicle for daily use in the Colombo area. Hence, I would like your humble opinion on this matter.

I searched through car sales websites and identified three vehicles that goes in my price range.

1. Honda Grace 2015

2. Toyota Axio 2015

3. Toyota Premio 2012

And also, I will have to use this vehicle for more than 8 years. So I would highly appreciate your opinion and your experiences on the above matter.

Thank you in advance.

If you are keeping a car for more than 5 years your best bet is a proven reliable model from Toyota or Honda. (Which you have already narrowed down)
Never by a Hybrid as if you happen to replace the Hybrid battery after 4-5 years, you will lose all the money saved from fuel.
Never by the car with newest technology like DCT, small engines Turbos or cars with complex electronic assist systems as most of them are not tested in SL conditions. They will fail and repairs will make deep holes in your pocket.

So a non-Hybrid Toyota, a Premio (from your choices) will hold value and will be dead reliable.
Since it's a Toyota you will have to forego comfort and driving pleasure.
Toyota CVTs are boring and uncomfortable. But will hold value and will never let you down in the long term!
Good luck!

15 hours ago, kush said:

Issue is not the car but the truck to which it ran in to I assume

If this worked damage might have been less, it seems that the car went under the truck causing excessive damage in the windscreen area. Crumple zone would not have been effective.

In developed countries there are safety standards on truck safety bars which is suppose to avoid any vehicle going under at a reasonable speed.

SL is full of Indian S**t which does not give crap on road safety to ones on board and other vehicles.

image.png.5d8fc916b5522ceb5bcea5baa231283f.png

"Issue is not the car but the truck to which it ran in to I assume"

You are exactly there. I was also bit confused on why police arrested the lorry driver for this accident.  You mean if the lorry didn't have the rear crash bar  damaged would have been much less despite the speed of collision ?  I think SL should amend the safety standards in vehicles for incorporating external airbags as well. ??

But you missed one point, this truck also manufactured in one of the well developed countries..

08.jpg.2fb13c2400a0e72b0d675fb11c2fe7c4.jpg

06.jpg

1 hour ago, trish_auto said:

"Issue is not the car but the truck to which it ran in to I assume"

You are exactly there. I was also bit confused on why police arrested the lorry driver for this accident.  You mean if the lorry didn't have the rear crash bar  damaged would have been much less despite the speed of collision ?  I think SL should amend the safety standards in vehicles for incorporating external airbags as well. ??

But you missed one point, this truck also manufactured in one of the well developed countries..

08.jpg.2fb13c2400a0e72b0d675fb11c2fe7c4.jpg

06.jpg

Most of the trucks in SL bought through the agents, hence they are designed for South Asian specification or to the specification given by the agent.

Trucks sold by the agents miss out on emmision controls as well such as DPF 

5 minutes ago, Magnum said:

Most of the trucks in SL bought through the agents, hence they are designed for South Asian specification or to the specification given by the agent.

Trucks sold by the agents miss out on emmision controls as well such as DPF 

Also aren''t most trucks sold brand-new/by-the-agents come with just the chassis in the back so that what eer truck body is needed can be fitted out ?

Also seen quite a few recon trucks brought in and put up for sale this way.

But yeah...if I am not mistaken in Japan there needs to be some kind of protector, either a bar, or some component that is apart of the truck's cargo hold itself, as a safety measure.

7 hours ago, iRage said:

Also aren''t most trucks sold brand-new/by-the-agents come with just the chassis in the back so that what eer truck body is needed can be fitted out ?

Also seen quite a few recon trucks brought in and put up for sale this way.

But yeah...if I am not mistaken in Japan there needs to be some kind of protector, either a bar, or some component that is apart of the truck's cargo hold itself, as a safety measure.

You are right I have seen the without the body at the agents

The trucks without body at car sales must have originally come down as freezer trucks, as freezer trucks fall under a lower tax bracket so car dealers have started abusing this loop hole to bring down freezer trucks and convert them to other styles of trucks

9 hours ago, trish_auto said:

I was also bit confused on why police arrested the lorry driver for this accident.

When a fatal accident occurs usually the driver of the other party regardless whether he is to blame or not is placed under custody. I do not know the rationale behind this. However if I may quote a medical practitioner in the emergency services it is done to 1. Prevent any suicidal tendencies 2. For his own protection from the victims party etc. (Disclaimer I do not know the validity of this claim) 

On 1/21/2019 at 6:20 AM, delakolla said:

Go for a premio
Less depreciation
Value for money
Good fuel consumption
Highest second hand market demanded vehicle

Sent from my INE-LX2 using AutoLanka.com mobile app powered by Tapatalk

You are absolutely correct.. I do also have a Premio 2013 G Superior Model..

The Best Toyota Car with all the specific features which you have mentioned and well suit for a reliable & long lasting usage with high second hand market value at any given time.. 

• Thanks 1

I also recommend you to buy the Toyota from the list.

Look for a well maintained car with records. (Preferably service records and import documents as well). Also with no makabass modifications. A basic car is better than one with bells and whistles fitted in srilanka, even for the same price. Look for a specimen with one owner only.

It is gonna be a real difficult to find such a vehicle. Also it wont be cheap. (In my case i bought a 2008 allion 2 years ago for more than 1.5 laks above the market price. Made peace with that decision given that i will be using it for the next 6 or 8 years.)

It wont have the latest tech but will serve you reliably to get from point a to point b. It is a simple, moderate comfortable vehicle with average fuel economy and space. Typical Toyota feel is there and it is good for long drives. Some guys may not like it much. I bought the car at 80k and added nearly 20k. So far i have done only the routine service, rear shock replacement and one hid bulb replacement.

Look out for ac and cvt issues. They are the weakest points in allions and premios. And most jdm cars. 

Dont buy it for the market value or fuel economy. I have seen the trend where allions and premios loose value now. (All cars depreciate anyway)

And if you buy such a car please please maintain it properly. Dont take shortcuts. (Dont take it to other agents like the guy in another thread did ??.) It will be good and cheaper for you in the long run.

Toyota 161 axio is also a good choice. but you will loose some space. again the key factor is maintenance.

Edited by BlueRaiden
  • Thanks 1

Personally..I would go for the gasoline Axio as some have mentioned. Yes...the Premio/Allion is more car....but it is considerably older...by the time you sell it, it will be a 20 year old car...also, finding an unmolested Premio/Allion is easier said than done. Hybrid Axios wil have the same plight but not sure about the gasoline ones as only a very few actually bought them.

Sorry I didn't read all your posts...but any reason why you are not considering the likes of a Lancer EX or an Axela or a Focus or something ?

13 hours ago, iRage said:

Personally..I would go for the gasoline Axio as some have mentioned. Yes...the Premio/Allion is more car....but it is considerably older...by the time you sell it, it will be a 20 year old car...also, finding an unmolested Premio/Allion is easier said than done. Hybrid Axios wil have the same plight but not sure about the gasoline ones as only a very few actually bought them.

Sorry I didn't read all your posts...but any reason why you are not considering the likes of a Lancer EX or an Axela or a Focus or something ?

Hi... actually I have very little knowledge when come to automobiles. I do have a little favor for the Ford range but the maintenance ( experience from a friend) have kept me away from it. 

And these are the cars suitable for my need, i found going through car sales sites. 

15 hours ago, BlueRaiden said:

I also recommend you to buy the Toyota from the list.

Look for a well maintained car with records. (Preferably service records and import documents as well). Also with no makabass modifications. A basic car is better than one with bells and whistles fitted in srilanka, even for the same price. Look for a specimen with one owner only.

Hi thank you very much for your view on this regard

1 hour ago, Car_noob said:

Hi... actually I have very little knowledge when come to automobiles. I do have a little favor for the Ford range but the maintenance ( experience from a friend) have kept me away from it. 

And these are the cars suitable for my need, i found going through car sales sites. 

Strange....most I know who have Fords love them and have used them to death. Only complain have been that they can't find parts at every corner shop in Panchi (not sure how accurate this is)

Well..what I am saying is...looking at your broad needs...there are other models that would meet them. Considering how people use Toyotas the other options might be worth a look.

On 1/23/2019 at 3:48 PM, Kanishka12345 said:

The Best Toyota Car with all the specific features which you have mentioned and well suit for a reliable & long lasting usage with high second hand market value at any given time.. 

You mean the fake Superior badge??

• Like 1

On 1/23/2019 at 7:18 PM, Kanishka12345 said:

Unless you have a 2.0L Premio...you do not have a G - Superior Premio.  If you have a 1.5 then what you have is a F or if 1.8 a X grade (probably L or EX package) with a G Superior dealer-package. The dealer package was just a few cosmetic additions. Not the actual G Supreior grade. In Sri Lanka 99% of the G Superior packages are not original ones either...the local dealers got the badges and OEM chinese parts or used parts and fitted them locally.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 1/25/2019 at 8:16 AM, iRage said:

Unless you have a 2.0L Premio...you do not have a G - Superior Premio.  If you have a 1.5 then what you have is a F or if 1.8 a X grade (probably L or EX package) with a G Superior dealer-package. The dealer package was just a few cosmetic additions. Not the actual G Supreior grade. In Sri Lanka 99% of the G Superior packages are not original ones either...the local dealers got the badges and OEM chinese parts or used parts and fitted them locally.

What are the actual differences on the 2.0 g superior grade from the dealer option on the 1.5 ?

The 2L variant''s grade is G and the then upper form is G Superior...later on with time it got replaced with G EX Package, etc...

The actual 2.0L G Superior came with pretty much everything which had accessories attached by the dealer (dealer options) and the manufacturer (manufacture options that required assembly/inclusion at time of manufacture).Manufacturer features were things like heated memory leather seats, traction control (even from the beginning), EBD, VSC, conlight, some sort of different headlight, intelligent parking, etc... as standard...a whole host of air bags...larger wheels, etc...etc...when I spec'd one out at the Toyota dealer she said I should just go for a Mark X because I got all those and a larger car for almost the same price.

The dealer option only gives the things like the dashboard garnishes (various fake wood trim for the dash), the front grill, wheels, etc...things like electric seats, multifunction steering wheel were options available for all grades...so the dealer option took the 1.5/1.8L with all those options and put the above items.

Edited by iRage
  • Thanks 1

A bit late for the topic?I also recommend the non hybrid Toyota Premio,Allion or the non-hybrid Axio.A close friend of mine had to replace his 2013 Aqua’s battery at 73000kms.Axio hybrid and Aqua shares the same powertrain,so battery problems are likely to arise.Last week I had a chat with a good mechanic who said that hybrid battery can only last around 5 years.Probably that’s the reason for the hybrids to loose their value so fast.

An Allion or a Premio is considerably more comfortable when compared with an Axio.At the same time you are getting a proven reliable engine.But make sure the car had been maintained really well, because of the famous cvt and ac issues.Last Sunday I had a trip in my friend’s 2011 Premio to Moragahakanda and Riverstone.The roads from moragahakanda to riverstone were narrow and filled with bumps and potholes.The suspension is really soft and even with 5 grown up passengers in the cabin the car never scraped underneath.Between Moragahakanda and riverstone,there is the kalu ganga dam and the road to there was horrible and the car’s high ground clearance really shined.Eventhough those are really boring cars to drive,they suit to SL conditions really well.

BTW you can get a same year manufactured Allion for about 2-3 lakhs lower than the Premio.It’s the same car with same body and powertrain but with a different front face and rear lights.

• Thanks 1