Jump to content
  • Welcome to AutoLanka

    :action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

  • 0
Sign in to follow this  
Buddhika Jayawardana

Whats the best budget car for tourism

Question

15 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
23 hours ago, Buddhika Jayawardana said:

Ok.I will go for a nissan bluebird automatic model

1.whats the best model and year

2.Current Market price

3.Fuel burn for a km

Thank you

1. There's no such thing as best model and year. It depends on what you are looking.

For your budget you could purchase a Bluebird U13, U14 or a Bluebird Sylphy G10

The U13 and U14 are quit similar, these were made prior to Renault got involved in Nissan. Both cars were offered in either diesel or gasoline.

Diesel engine was offered with CD20 engine, later versions received a CD20 electronic engine. Engine prices range from around 200k-275k. Gasoline U13 were available with SR18DE and SR20DE or SR20DET. I think you you only get the SR18DE version in SL.

U14 was available with the same diesel engine, but petrol versions were available with SR18DE, QG18DE OR QG18DD and SR20VE.

The QG18 models were fitted with Nissan's hyper CVT. The diesel version with manual transmission will easily return around 16km/l with AC on outstation drives. I'm not sure about the gasoline versions but they pull very well.

The highest spec in both U13 and U14 was the SSS.

Both cars had front and rear independent suspension hence they are quite comfortable and handle well around corners. However as I mentioned earlier the suspension is designed to absorb potholes and bumps well hence they tend to wear out quickly on our badly maintained roads. Also the body of these cars are fairly heavy. A pair of KYB shocks will cost around 8K while a used pair of original coil spring with shock absorber will cost around 10k.

The Bluebird Sylphy was based on the N16 Nissan Sunny thus it was offered with smaller engine choices. Starting from 1500cc QG15, 1800cc QG18 and there was also a 2000cc engine. However there wasn't a diesel choice available.

This model received independent suspension only at the front and the car is bit smaller than the U13 and U14.

I would recommend you go with a G10 cuz it's newer hence it would be easier to find an unmolested unit.

Edited by Magnum
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

For that price if you prefer a relatively comfortable japanese car with less problems you can get your hands on a 1999 Carina.But most of these cars are abused in SL with tampered mileages.Withing your budget you can only grab a one with the lowest prices of that particular model.Therefore you would most likely have lesser chance of finding a good example.At the same time, the age of the car would attract less tourists IMO(I have a very low knowledge about the tourism field).

Also you can find a Toyota Mark II 1999 model within that price range.I has a more upmarket look plus added comfort.Also a good Nissan Cefiro would fulfill that to except for the bad reliability.Both of these vehicles have 7-8ish kmpl figures.But if you prefer the Cefiro A33 go for the Excimo version which has more spare parts available than the Singapore version.A dedicated member of this forum had to undergo a really tragic situation after buying a Singa version.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

What about a Nissan Bluebird ? It’s a very comfortable car and a nice long distance cruiser. However it’s quite old and finding a well maintained car which can travel around the country can be a bit difficult. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
16 minutes ago, TheFlyingFox said:

What about a Nissan Bluebird ? It’s a very comfortable car and a nice long distance cruiser. However it’s quite old and finding a well maintained car which can travel around the country can be a bit difficult. 

We have a Nissan Bluebird U13, yes it's very comfortable because the suspension is tuned towards the softer side. But if you overload these cars constantly with passengers and luggage the shocks would wear it pretty soon due to the soft suspension set up.

 

Wouldn't a wagon be more practical for tourism? You could find a diesel Caldina or Corolla wagon within your budget. If you are planning on buying a van you can find 20 series TownAce in that price range

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Are you guys serious? 20 year old cars for tourism? Cars of that age are in suddas' junkyards. Even if they are in great condition, tour companies don't accept them. 

For 2.3 million, you don't have any option except Geely (Micro) MX7. That too, a used one. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 1/19/2019 at 10:26 PM, Buddhika Jayawardana said:

Hi,

I am looking to buy a car for tourism purpose.Maximum i can pay 2 to 2.3 millions.

Sorry to say Buddhika but major tourist companies have rather specific requirements. Unless there's some budget tour operators who are ok with 2 decade old cars I think you are going to struggle finding a tourism worthy car for that budget. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
22 hours ago, Crosswind said:

Are you guys serious? 20 year old cars for tourism? Cars of that age are in suddas' junkyards. Even if they are in great condition, tour companies don't accept them. 

For 2.3 million, you don't have any option except Geely (Micro) MX7. That too, a used one. 

Yes.this is the best option

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 1/24/2019 at 4:14 PM, alpha17 said:

For that price if you prefer a relatively comfortable japanese car with less problems you can get your hands on a 1999 Carina.But most of these cars are abused in SL with tampered mileages.Withing your budget you can only grab a one with the lowest prices of that particular model.Therefore you would most likely have lesser chance of finding a good example.At the same time, the age of the car would attract less tourists IMO(I have a very low knowledge about the tourism field).

Also you can find a Toyota Mark II 1999 model within that price range.I has a more upmarket look plus added comfort.Also a good Nissan Cefiro would fulfill that to except for the bad reliability.Both of these vehicles have 7-8ish kmpl figures.But if you prefer the Cefiro A33 go for the Excimo version which has more spare parts available than the Singapore version.A dedicated member of this forum had to undergo a really tragic situation after buying a Singa version.

 

Thank you so much

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 1/24/2019 at 7:56 PM, Crosswind said:

Are you guys serious? 20 year old cars for tourism? Cars of that age are in suddas' junkyards. Even if they are in great condition, tour companies don't accept them. 

For 2.3 million, you don't have any option except Geely (Micro) MX7. That too, a used one. 

I have an own guest house.i never combined with travel agents.mostly drop use for just drop.20 years car enough for my purpose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 1/24/2019 at 6:14 PM, TheFlyingFox said:

What about a Nissan Bluebird ? It’s a very comfortable car and a nice long distance cruiser. However it’s quite old and finding a well maintained car which can travel around the country can be a bit difficult. 

Ok.I will go for a nissan bluebird automatic model

1.whats the best model and year

2.Current Market price

3.Fuel burn for a km

Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
31 minutes ago, Buddhika Jayawardana said:

Ok.I will go for a nissan bluebird automatic model

1.whats the best model and year

2.Current Market price

3.Fuel burn for a km

Thank you

Maybe @Magnum can shed some light on this.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
16 hours ago, Magnum said:

1. There's no such thing as best model and year. It depends on what you are looking.

For your budget you could purchase a Bluebird U13, U14 or a Bluebird Sylphy G10

The U13 and U14 are quit similar, these were made prior to Renault got involved in Nissan. Both cars were offered in either diesel or gasoline.

Diesel engine was offered with CD20 engine, later versions received a CD20 electronic engine. Engine prices range from around 200k-275k. Gasoline U13 were available with SR18DE and SR20DE or SR20DET. I think you you only get the SR18DE version in SL.

U14 was available with the same diesel engine, but petrol versions were available with SR18DE, QG18DE OR QG18DD and SR20VE.

The QG18 models were fitted with Nissan's hyper CVT. The diesel version with manual transmission will easily return around 16km/l with AC on outstation drives. I'm not sure about the gasoline versions but they pull very well.

The highest spec in both U13 and U14 was the SSS.

Both cars had front and rear independent suspension hence they are quite comfortable and handle well around corners. However as I mentioned earlier the suspension is designed to absorb potholes and bumps well hence they tend to wear out quickly on our badly maintained roads. Also the body of these cars are fairly heavy. A pair of KYB shocks will cost around 8K while a used pair of original coil spring with shock absorber will cost around 10k.

The Bluebird Sylphy was based on the N16 Nissan Sunny thus it was offered with smaller engine choices. Starting from 1500cc QG15, 1800cc QG18 and there was also a 2000cc engine. However there wasn't a diesel choice available.

This model received independent suspension only at the front and the car is bit smaller than the U13 and U14.

I would recommend you go with a G10 cuz it's newer hence it would be easier to find an unmolested unit.

Awesome.Thank you so much bro..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

For your requirement and budget if you just need to drop your guests, Nissan Cefiro A 33 would be a comfortable car for your guests

Fuel would be around 6-7 km/L

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register for a new account in our community. It's easy and FREE!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×