• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Gp1 hybrid.

asanka_rg

Question

Hello guys, 

I need your valuable comments regarding Honda Gp1 hybrid car. Im currently having a swift jeep. I'm trying for an upgrade. 

I want to know little more information of this car. Please comment on below 

1. Is it full hybrid (what is the rough fuel economy) 

2. How is the resale market. 

3. How is the life of hybrid battery of this car

4. Any common issues which are known for this car. 

5. Ground clearance compared to swift jeep. 

Thank you in advance ?

13 answers to this question

the oil burning issue can be rectified by putting a 10-30 oil or 05-40 oil , have tried and working !!!!

at the start i did put 0-20 but as the agents advised to put 10-30.

The hybrid battery can be checked if you go to agents and they will give a report  

20 hours ago, asanka_rg said:

Hello guys, 

I need your valuable comments regarding Honda Gp1 hybrid car. Im currently having a swift jeep. I'm trying for an upgrade. 

I want to know little more information of this car. Please comment on below 

1. Is it full hybrid (what is the rough fuel economy) 

2. How is the resale market. 

3. How is the life of hybrid battery of this car

4. Any common issues which are known for this car. 

5. Ground clearance compared to swift jeep. 

Thank you in advance ?

Well I've used a 2012 GP1 for 3 years - and we have a chevy cruze which is more or less the same car as the swift ignis (aka jeep model) in the family. 

1. I would call the GP1 which has IMA as a sort of mild hybrid since the hybrid mechanism is a bit different than the GP5/Vezel/Grace or Toyota's HSD Rough fuel economy - 12 kmpl in city around 14 in suburbs and around the 20's in outstation drives/expressways etc. 

2. Resale has taken a hit unfortunately of late due to the oil leak issue and mass paranoia regarding hybrids. But this means you can get a really nice car for a good price if you're not too concerned about resale - it might go up in the future...no one can predict.

3. I used a 2012 car from 2015-2018 when I was selling the battery was 75% usable capacity I have met many people with similar capacity and I have not heard too many batter-related horror stories yet (compared to that 3 Aqua batteries packed up among my office colleagues alone during mid last year) 

4. Yes The oil leak issue - costs 250,000+ at agents and there are a few guys who have sorted this out for much less cost read more about it and contact @hondaclub on the forum I think his GP1 is still running well now. If you read those posts below you can find out the engine # series which is affected. If you're going to buy a car simply avoid cars in that number range.

5. Ground clearance while not terrible is lower than the swift that said you really can't find many new cars with that ground clearance. The Cruze (same as swift) we have in the family is almost used like an off-roader by my father in law .

Overall I really loved the GP1 since it's such an allround car.  It's very responsive, fun to drive and you have crazy storage space i've even carried a bloody sofa in it. For around 3 mil it's a very good deal. Avoid the oil leak issue affected cars, get a battery test done at stafford (4000 LKR) and you're good to go. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've also used Fit GP1 2012 model for 4 years (2014-2018) and I agree with matroska for all his comments. I loved the car and traveled around the country and it did not give any issue except the oil burning issue. I spent 30K to clean the sludge after dismantling the engine then serviced the car in 5000 kms or 6 months intervals and I did not get this issue afterwards.

I also had 75% of usable capacity of the hybrid battery when selling it. It took 3 days for me to sell the car after advertising it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tbird said:

I spent 30K to clean the sludge after dismantling the engine then serviced the car in 5000kms or 6 months intervals and I did not get this issue afterwards.

Almost everyone who did the sludge cleaning had to do it again after some time as this was an issue of the piston design of the engine AFAIK.

21 minutes ago, Hyaenidae said:

Almost everyone who did the sludge cleaning had to do it again after some time as this was an issue of the piston design of the engine AFAIK.

Yes, the first cleaning was done around 48000 km, and if I did not sell it, I have to do it around 100,000 km if it do not show symptoms earlier, otherwise have to do the piston change

13 hours ago, tbird said:

Yes, the first cleaning was done around 48000 km, and if I did not sell it, I have to do it around 100,000 km if it do not show symptoms earlier, otherwise have to do the piston change

This mean each and every Gp1 need to be undergone with this sludge removal? Even the not affected chassis no range? 

8 hours ago, asanka_rg said:

This mean each and every Gp1 need to be undergone with this sludge removal? Even the not affected chassis no range? 

Please go through the above threads, this issue is not available in all GP1s, there are range of VIN numbers with this issue and later this was fixed by Honda. I remember this detail is in one of above threads. If you are looking for a GP1, get the VIN no (Chassis no) and check whether it is within the range.

• Like 1

why taking 

13 hours ago, asanka_rg said:

Why you are taking so much of risk on something that you aren't confident ?  You will be able to find a good GP1, but you may not able to fix your mind. ?

• Haha 1

On 1/17/2019 at 5:33 PM, tbird said:

I've also used Fit GP1 2012 model for 4 years (2014-2018) and I agree with matroska for all his comments. I loved the car and traveled around the country and it did not give any issue except the oil burning issue. I spent 30K to clean the sludge after dismantling the engine then serviced the car in 5000 kms or 6 months intervals and I did not get this issue afterwards.

I also had 75% of usable capacity of the hybrid battery when selling it. It took 3 days for me to sell the car after advertising it.

Yep, GP1 is a very reliable vehicle apart from the designing fault. Anyways, me too cleaned the piston rings when the vehicle done 80000 km. Now after 70,000 km problem has started. This means, the temporary fix can give nearly 70,000 km service lift.

Edited by vitz