• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mini cooper

lasiyamini

Question

Planning to buy a mini cooper classic as second vehicle. Definitely auto model

Plz comment on

1. 1000cc & 1300 cc models

2. Prices

3. Common issues and maintanance

4.things to be mindful of

5. Different registration numbers

6. issues with the vehicle registration.

Any other things u may feel important ???

Sent from my Redmi Note 6 Pro using AutoLanka.com mobile app powered by Tapatalk

4 answers to this question

I once had a classic Mini. 1275CC Single point injection EFI Automatic. It was supposed to be a 1994 model with a old CR as the vast majority of these cars. The engine and gearbox was reliable for its age however there are usual problems which most British cars had like constant oil leaks , bad electronics , water getting inside the cabin etc. the engine and gearbox are one unit and they share the same engine oil, meaning when yo do an oil change it’s for both the engine and gearbox. The best out of the bunch are the MPI ( Multy point fuel injection ) models or the carbs. SPI models are hard to maintain and parts for this perticular system are hard to find. 

Things to lookout ? Mainly the CR as most of these cars are brought down illegally and tied up with old CRs of Austin 1300s , Morris minors etc. if you want good market value make sure you get one with a original Mini book , example In the CR it should say Make : Austin , Model : Mini or Make Morris , model : Mini minor etc. Try to get one with factory fitted air con as others tend to have problems like overheating due to the aux electric fan for the radiator not being present. SPI s and carbs find it difficult to start in the morning if it had rained the night proir. Also the alternator, I had to fix a Japanese alternator with some modification to run the car at night with the lights and AC. The stock one wasn’t enough to handle the load and charge the battery at the same time. 

Overall its its a really fun car to drive. The ride is bumpy but adds to the character. Try to find one of the later Rover models which came in the 90s. They came with MPI engines and some even came with airbags. However they tend to be really expensive, sometimes asking prices are close to an unregistered Wagon R. 

https://miaharun.wordpress.com/

Edited by TheFlyingFox

Ah... So u were also one of the owners of the 1919. No offense but that one changed hands more often than a Maradana whore. 

I would take the CR issue very seriously. Unless its a genuinely registered car, I woukdnt go for it and its extremely rare to find those. 

I know people who had to 'donate' their cars when they did the famous crackdown on Minis around 2005 or so. No one can say it will not happen again. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Crosswind said:

Ah... So u were also one of the owners of the 1919. No offense but that one changed hands more often than a Maradana whore. 

I would take the CR issue very seriously. Unless its a genuinely registered car, I woukdnt go for it and its extremely rare to find those. 

I know people who had to 'donate' their cars when they did the famous crackdown on Minis around 2005 or so. No one can say it will not happen again. 

:D When I got it long time ago it had only 2 entries in the book, Obviously a book from a older car but the car was alright minus the british niggles.  A person who came down from UK bought it. I haven't seen it since :) 

I once had a classic Mini. 1275CC Single point injection EFI Automatic. It was supposed to be a 1994 model with a old CR as the vast majority of these cars. The engine and gearbox was reliable for its age however there are usual problems which most British cars had like constant oil leaks , bad electronics , water getting inside the cabin etc. the engine and gearbox are one unit and they share the same engine oil, meaning when yo do an oil change it’s for both the engine and gearbox. The best out of the bunch are the MPI ( Multy point fuel injection ) models or the carbs. SPI models are hard to maintain and parts for this perticular system are hard to find. 

Things to lookout ? Mainly the CR as most of these cars are brought down illegally and tied up with old CRs of Austin 1300s , Morris minors etc. if you want good market value make sure you get one with a original Mini book , example In the CR it should say Make : Austin , Model : Mini or Make : Morris , model : Mini minor etc. Try to get one with factory fitted air con as others tend to have problems like overheating due to the aux electric fan for the radiator not being present. SPI s and carbs find it difficult to start in the morning if it had rained the night proir. Also the alternator, I had to fix a Japanese alternator with some modification to run the car at night with the lights and AC. The stock one wasn’t enough to handle the load and charge the battery at the same time. 

Overall its its a really fun car to drive. The ride is bumpy but adds to the character. Try to find one of the later Rover models which came in the 90s. They came with MPI engines and some even came with airbags. However they tend to be really expensive, sometimes asking prices are close to an unregistered Wagon R. 

https://miaharun.wordpress.com/
Thks for the elaborative feed back
Any way about pros and cons of 1000 cc & 1300cc if u don't mind along with anything more on EFI and fuel injection systems and what's best on it ...

Sent from my Redmi Note 6 Pro using AutoLanka.com mobile app powered by Tapatalk