• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Suzuki Celerio 2016 or Viva Elite 2014

Chevinm

I'm looking to buy a good used manual car with low to average mileage. My requirement is to use the car for a minimum of four years for daily traveling. 

Hence my key exceptions are,

• Comfort and Reliability
  • Driving pleasure
  • Fuel Economy 
  • Low to decent maintenance cost 
  • Resale value

Looking for reviews and feedback on which option is best. TIA

Cheers!

Both these vehicles would not provide you over the top comfort. Overall I'd say the Elite is a better car than the celerio - it's actually a nice nippy car and is comparatively better put-together compared to the celerio.

• Like 2

I'm looking to buy a good used manual car with low to average mileage. My requirement is to use the car for a minimum of four years for daily traveling. 

• Driving pleasure
  • Fuel Economy 
  • Resale value

Cheers!

I know those 2 vehicles. Suzuki celerio is new and does better milage than viva. However suzuki is an Indian model where viva is a Malaysian model where they use daihatsu parts. Daihatsu parts are equal to Toyota

Suzuki celerio is less comfortable and viva is OK according to that price range.But viva is smaller than celerio

Its upto you to decide... If I were you I will go with viva

Sent from my INE-LX2 using AutoLanka.com mobile app powered by Tapatalk

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Chevinm said:

• Driving pleasure
  • Fuel Economy 
  • Resale value

Cheers!

Being able to afford for a less used and newest vehicle don't go for a used and old model. Even the latest viva elite model you can find in the market is 2014, asking price of around 2.4 for very good condition car. Celerio is much better over the altos and marutis. Its more refined in terms of engine, performance and durability.  You get a better ground clearance, pulling power and spacious cabin over elite.  Second hand market also not that bad as people are claiming.

• Like 1

Both cars do not excel when it comes to safety.Anyway most of the SL people won't be looking at safety.I would choose Viva Elite over an Indian made Celerio any day.But on the other hand Celerio comes with few more options such as DVD and can use the auto for manual shifting if you want.There is a manual Viva Elite on our next door and haven't heard any problem from the owner yet.He travels to Colombo once a week and the car is frequently used.Anyway it's has the Toyota DNA underneath and therefore the car will be literally bulletproof:D

24 minutes ago, trish_auto said:

In terms of safety and fuel economy, Celerio is much better.  

Isn't it too early to get stoned :D

I see you've been watching euro NCAP tests for the Celerio - that's not the Celerio offered in Sri Lanka.

Rear passengers are much comfier in a Viva, it has a smooth automatic gearbox compared to Celerios jerky AMT gearbox which doesn't inspire confidence in driving or the longevity of the vehicle, it handles better than a Celerio and overall fit and finish is leaps and bounds ahead when it's compared to Celerios which have panel inconsistencies out of the factory!

Edited by Hyaenidae
  • Like 1