• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Best vehicle for a price of Rs 4 Miilion to 4.5 Million

delakolla

Question

Dear Guys

Since we are in a challenging year in terms of ecomonic downfalls and huge depreciation on second hand hybrid vehicle market I want your expert opinion in going for a vehicle

Presently I own a 2007 Toyota Vitz and I seek your opinion on going for a vehicle

My preference

I prefer sedan or suv since I don't think investing Rs 4.5 million for a hatchback is useless

I need ok fuel consumption such as 12 to 13 in city and 15 16 in outstation

Less depreciation valuev since I'm not an ultra rich person [emoji23][emoji23]

A vehicle which is newer than my 2007 vitz

Guys your opinion is much appreciated

Sent from my INE-LX2 using AutoLanka.com mobile app powered by Tapatalk

13 answers to this question

Since you want the car to do 12-13 the only model I can think of is a Axio Hybrid. No other sedan except say the Grace will do that. Grace is a tad more expensive than your budget. Mazda 3 is also a nice option but won’t give you those fuel figures. 
I was also interested in mazda 3 2014 model. However all vehicles sold and couldn't find any vehicle as at date.
What about Tivoli?

Go for Hybrid I have a GP1 and it does 14 KMPL.
what ever you buy go to the agents and get the battery checked. the agents will say 25% or 75% then you go for that car.

Gp1 is a good vehicle howevwr GP5 grace and vezels all have that DCT issue. I'm afraid of prius since I have seen huge depreciation in prius. When I was searching for my vitz in year 2016 3rd gen 2011 prius was 4.5 mn now its 3.9 million

2 hours ago, delakolla said:

I need ok fuel consumption such as 12 to 13 in city

This is hybrid territory. Based on your requirement you can easily afford either a GP5 in good condition or a Fit shuttle if you feel a hatch is not worth it. If a Sedan is a MUST then the axio hybrid is an option.

If you're a little less stringent on fuel consumption figures 2012-13 Corolla (Non hybrid/161) a friends dad had a b/new imported one and it was a decent car. Recently sold it for 4.3 and was in pristine condition.  Would return fuel figures a little bit below your expectation. (~10KMPL) 

Since you're too worried on fuel i won't suggest some cool  cars like - Mazda 3 /Axela, Lancer EX, Civic FD1-FD4 etc. 

This is hybrid territory. Based on your requirement you can easily afford either a GP5 in good condition or a Fit shuttle if you feel a hatch is not worth it. If a Sedan is a MUST then the axio hybrid is an option.
If you're a little less stringent on fuel consumption figures 2012-13 Corolla (Non hybrid/161) a friends dad had a b/new imported one and it was a decent car. Recently sold it for 4.3 and was in pristine condition.  Would return fuel figures a little bit below your expectation. (~10KMPL) 
Since you're too worried on fuel i won't suggest some cool  cars like - Mazda 3 /Axela, Lancer EX, Civic FD1-FD4 etc. 

Thank you for your feedback...ya 10 is OK in city.. Currently my vitz does that.
Ya I'm interestwd in those cool cars... I really love mazda 3.

1 hour ago, delakolla said:

I was also interested in mazda 3 2014 model. However all vehicles sold and couldn't find any vehicle as at date.
What about Tivoli?

Tovoli if you want to sacrifice resale value and fuel consumption in exchange for space, comfort and a little bit of ground clearance. 

I own a Honda GP5 hybrid but over the years I'm grown not to be very fan of hybrid. Problem is although they give superior fuel economy, they somewhat hard to maintain. If you go out of Colombo there is not lot of places who knows how to properly service or repair. As suggetion, I would recommend to go for non hybrid car. Honda jazz non hybrid is good choice. You can see more details in Honda lk site. Jazz ( japan domestic GP5) are supreisenly spacious and fun to drive very practical car. There's cvt and manual version if you more concerned with fuel economy.

• Like 1

Like all other members mentioned,the only car that can fulfill your requirements is the Axio Hybrid 2013-2014 model.But if you go for a hybrid to park it in the garage most of the time,better to avoid.Hybrids are meant for running high mileages.Last Saturday I was informed about an Axio Hybrid for 4.8mil which has done 42,000kms from a trustworthy person,when I had already made up my mind for an Allion with higher mileage.A known mechanic said better to avoid the hybrid since the battery is likely to last around 5 years.Remeber both Axio Hybrid and Aqua has the same powertrain,and most Aquas have started indicating battery problems already(2013-2014 ones).A close friend of mine’s aqua also got a battery problem between 60000-70000kms,but I’m yet to hear a battery problem from an Axio Hybrid.Within your budget you can find the Axio Hybrids with the lowest selling prices,which may have been beaten to death with tampered mileages.Therefore can’t exactly comment how those 2nd hand hybrids’ batteries’ will last.

But you can get a non-hybrid Axio 2012-2013 for the same price and it can fulfill most of your requirements except the fuel economy.But they are not as commons as the hybrid version in the advertisements,but most of them seem to be owned by permit holders and well taken care of.

Also you can get a 2007-2010 Allion but finding a good example is really hard.I also gave up the idea due to the hacked ones listed in ads.Try to find a one with maintainence records(bit rare) or go for a car owned by a known personx