• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

rajithanw

My sister owns 2018 Vitz with safety sense for like 6 months. She never have experienced Auto brake in action. I drove that too, sometimes aggressively but i get only brake warnings sometimes. 

I bought a Grace about a month ago and i had 4 instances of mild auto brake application already (3 times when trying to squeeze through a narrow part of the road with oncoming vehicles and once actually going behind a vehicle) 

Doesn't the Vitz come with Auto emergency Brakes?

2 hours ago, rajithanw said:

My sister owns 2018 Vitz with safety sense for like 6 months. She never have experienced Auto brake in action. I drove that too, sometimes aggressively but i get only brake warnings sometimes. 

I bought a Grace about a month ago and i had 4 instances of mild auto brake application already (3 times when trying to squeeze through a narrow part of the road with oncoming vehicles and once actually going behind a vehicle) 

Doesn't the Vitz come with Auto emergency Brakes?

This is a real headache if you happen to cruise regularly in heavy traffic conditions.  Most of the time you will be stopped from hitting the vehicle on your front but you will loose your tail lights and boot.  Keep it mind these are not meant for SL traffic conditions.

All these sensors are tuned for certain behavioral patterns of selected drivers and pedestrians.  Usually the SL s are very well disciplined and patient when they get into road, either as drivers or pedestrians. So it is highly unlikely those systems will exactly predict the behavior of our road users.  Anyway if you really keen on testing the reliability of the feature, you can do that by passing few pedestrian crossings at crowded times keeping your feet away from brake pedal.  Also please don't forget to share your experience after the test with our members. ?

Good Luck

On 1/9/2019 at 1:08 AM, trish_auto said:

This is a real headache if you happen to cruise regularly in heavy traffic conditions.  Most of the time you will be stopped from hitting the vehicle on your front but you will loose your tail lights and boot.  Keep it mind these are not meant for SL traffic conditions.

All these sensors are tuned for certain behavioral patterns of selected drivers and pedestrians.  Usually the SL s are very well disciplined and patient when they get into road, either as drivers or pedestrians. So it is highly unlikely those systems will exactly predict the behavior of our road users.  Anyway if you really keen on testing the reliability of the feature, you can do that by passing few pedestrian crossings at crowded times keeping your feet away from brake pedal.  Also please don't forget to share your experience after the test with our members. ?

Good Luck

Actually Honda Grace does a pretty good job at CMBS. Even in heavy traffic it doesn't trigger auto brakes, not once in a traffic so far. Only beeps once in a while. 

My main problem was about that Vitz. ?

Sister says she never had auto brake instance. May be her driving is better than mine so that she doesn't try to hit other vehicles often. ??